FOR SALE/WANT TO BUY thread

Started by ROWDYBEER, February 02, 2011, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Y

I've had an 800 before actually, great amp, but I'm cleaning house right now. I'm trying to get rid of all the stuff I'm not using, pick up a couple pedals and a small cab for recording bass at home and then save up as much as I can for a rainy day. So I'm moving the SC B120, a GK 800RB w/ rack ears and the Ampeg SS-150.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Corey Y

You DO want everything dude. Give me some monies, you can have all of them and I'll throw in a glass slide, a capo and some gold finish Schaller strap locks for free.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Corey Y on March 05, 2012, 05:28:40 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on March 05, 2012, 05:25:44 PM
where were u 4-5 weeks ago!!!

Hugging my amp and crying in a dark room, but I'm into the acceptance stage now, so I'm ready to sell. You know what they say Nick...why have one Sound City B120 when you could have two? They say that right? Well, I just said it.

dont think i could justify another large expensive buy if u had a broken down Laney klipp or supergroup id probably be more apt to look into it. since i still gotta restore my own 120R.

VOLVO)))

Nick wants to buy a JCM800 and flip it...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 05, 2012, 06:01:50 PM
Nick wants to buy a JCM800 and flip it...

nah not my favorite amp

I am currently building the Dunwich Stonehenge prototype its based on the 1959/1987x type circuits so i dont need more marshall fun

VOLVO)))

Still... drooooool.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 05, 2012, 06:48:55 PM
Still... drooooool.

drool on that, so trolling the for sale page

VOLVO)))

Nick, how critical is wire placement? Is it a matter of taste or is there negative/positive impacts of placement?

WHERE'S MY WIZARD FUZZ

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 05, 2012, 07:12:16 PM
Nick, how critical is wire placement? Is it a matter of taste or is there negative/positive impacts of placement?

WHERE'S MY WIZARD FUZZ

depends on what the wire is, where the wire is, how much gain you have..

grid wires are critically important, to avoid PO and noise. Heaters in the first pre amp tube as well need to be tightly and properly wired to avoid hum. I usually twist all the heater pairs but it is not needed in the power amp.

not quite ready for the Wizard Fuzz yet my man but I might be in FLA later this year

SoupKitchen

I thought the Stonehenge was a 200W 4xKT88 beasty.  Still, gorgeous work. I really like your screen grid resistor placement.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SoupKitchen on March 05, 2012, 07:44:15 PM
I thought the Stonehenge was a 200W 4xKT88 beasty.  Still, gorgeous work. I really like your screen grid resistor placement.

The proto will be 100W, but i expect production to be 4 x KT88 or 4 x EL34, with the KT88 version going to be shooting for 200W

VOLVO)))

Where at? You'll get to experience summer. Then never want to come back.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 05, 2012, 09:21:24 PM
Where at? You'll get to experience summer. Then never want to come back.

idk we have some family near orlando so i assume there. my pop just sprung the offer on me the other day. I have been half a dozen times before not my fav destination but okay

Instant Dan

Quote from: dunwichamps on March 05, 2012, 06:03:18 PM

I am currently building the Dunwich Stonehenge prototype its based on the 1959/1987x type circuits so i dont need more marshall fun

Do tell more. ;D

dunwichamps

Quote from: Instant Dan on March 06, 2012, 12:56:09 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on March 05, 2012, 06:03:18 PM

Do tell more. ;D

if you check the whats on my workbench thread ull see more gut shots but more or less its a non master 60s/70s marshall, but you are always jacked into both Bright and Dark channels with the addition of the following controls

Blend: Controls the bypassing on Bright and Dark channels gain stages, one way is completely bypassing the cathode one channel while unbypassing the cathode other channel, bypassing the cathode increase the stages gain but it is frequency sensitive. So this tailors the gain and freq response of both Bright and Dark channels. You also still have individual volume controls for each channel so you can also tailor that 2. I also have a 3 way switch that control this thing, Min/Blend/Max, so Blend only works when Blend is selected if Min is selected both stage are unbypassed and in Max both stage are bypassed. Footswitchable control

Mid Shift: This adjust the center mid freq and mid range feel of the tone stack, going one way is going to increase the mid cut esp for lower mids and the other way gets really raw mid range. this will adjust the feel of the bass and treble controls 2 since the FMV is quite interactive with this control.

Resonance: this is like the same control in The wizard, controls low end in the power amp feedback circuit

I also tweaked some of the component values here and there such as the first stage biasing, CF, phase inverter but not so far from the traditional circuit.

Production will have 100W and 200W circuits, with 200W being Kt88s to be a Model T Gen1 Killer

Baxandall

Shipping will be a bitch and expensive on a few of these items so keep that in mind.  Shout at me if you want pics of anything.  The only things that aren't like new are (obviously) the Plush rig, Mesa cab and the Zildjian K cymbal.  In fact a couple items like the Morley bass wah and Dr. Scientist pedal have literally been used once.

TC Helicon VSM-300 personal vocal monitor $150 + Shipping

Mesa Boogie Diesel 2x15 cab w/1 EV and 1 Emi C2515 $300 plus shipping

Plush P1000s full rig w/2x15 cab $600 plus shipping

Plush.1 by theecricket, on Flickr

Jenkins 2x12 open/closed back cab  Loaded or unloaded.  Emi Black Powder and Tonespotter if loaded.
      $150 unloaded or $225 loaded plus shipping

Jenkins 2x12.2 by theecricket, on Flickr

Jenkins 2x12.4 by theecricket, on Flickr

Zildjian K 22" dry aged ride $250 plus shipping

Alesis DM10 Studio kit with upgraded pads $600 plus shipping

EQD White Light OD $100 shipped US

Guyatone Flip tube Echo delay $125 shipped US

EHX Memory Boy delay $75 shipped US

Audio Monk Fuzzpotion $140 shipped US

MXR Stereo chorus $80 shipped US

MXR M80 bass distortion/D.I. $75 shipped US

Morley bass wah $75 shipped US

Devi Ooh La La Truly Beautiful Disaster  $200 shipped US

Digitech turbo flanger  $40 shipped US

VOLVO)))

Just for reference^^^^^^ This is our good friend "theecricket."

If anyone wants somethin', I vouch for him. He's from the old country, he's good people.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Baxandall

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 06, 2012, 06:20:21 PM

If anyone wants somethin', I vouch for him. He's from the old country, he's good people.

Awe shucks.  Internet bro hug.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Baxandall on March 06, 2012, 07:03:06 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on March 06, 2012, 06:20:21 PM

Awe shucks.  Internet bro hug.

+1, cricket is a goods guy, good buys here

Baxandall

Feelin the love.  Thanks!

VOLVO)))

(Hey nick, be sweet on him, he buys expensive amps)

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 06, 2012, 07:40:32 PM
(Hey nick, be sweet on him, he buys expensive amps)

i saw his old Kt88 unit EA amp but i think if he wanted an amp he would have shot me a tell by now looking for something I have been posting on ILF and hcfx as long as I have been on here

the diddler

Can't believe you're getting rid of the Plush.  Blue sparkly, if I remember right.  Good deal at that price