FOR SALE/WANT TO BUY thread

Started by ROWDYBEER, February 02, 2011, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riffer

Honey Bee Clone. Highly regarded medium/low gain driver. Transparent, retains low end, great pedl driver, or good med. gain crunch.
75 ppl gift / shipped to the US
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Mr. Foxen

Two more Laney AOR. A series 1 and a series 2. Had to take a broom to the inside of these, but after a good clean, they are working fine. £295 each.

I,Galactus

sold
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

morgantician

Here's a Gibson Les Paul Custom I'm selling.  Well...kinda.  It's an overseas copy.  I bought it direct from the manufacturer, so it was new, but I obviously had to correct some stuff when i got it (which was about 2008).  New bone nut, re-fretted, bridge pickup is a GF Vintage Extra Hot, replaced the pots and wiring to the bridge pickup, Real Gibson Deluxe tuners.

The serial number on the headstock is stamped (not printed) and reads as an actual Gibson serial (apparently made in Nashville) and the headstock even ironically says Made In USA.  Nobody has ever noticed it's a fake until I told them - the only real tell tale signs are on the back of the neck you can see where it's not one solid piece of wood as an actual Gibson would be.  And it's got the weight of an actual Les Paul.

Playability wise it plays just like a Gibson.  It's been professionally set up for standard E tuning (and has 10's on there right now).  The only difference is it has a pretty flat neck, whereas most Gibsons are a bit more radius-ed.  Makes for better shredding, but that's not really the type of player I am. 

It's definitely made believers out of alot of people.  I bought it as a backup back in 2008 but it became my main gigging and recording guitar since then.  The beauty thing is you can mistreat it the way you would never dream of treating an actual Les Paul Custom and people will guffaw at what balls you have for throwing it around haha

Anyway, I'm sure there will be some haters, but it's a nice guitar.  I'd keep it but I haven't touched it in months and need to thin the heard for other gear.  I put it on Craigslist for $650, but for SR dudes how about $600 and I'll cover the shipping?  It also comes with a Les Paul molded SKB case in good condition.  I'm in Minneapolis if you're close by and want to meet.  If you've got any questions feel free to PM or email me at callitwhatitis@gmail.com

Jake

That's a real nice color/finish there.
poop.

Swurve

Peavey Windsor 100 head. Perfect condition.
All tube.  Sounds fucking terrible no matter what cab you use.
$250 obo.
Caution, panties subject to vaporization.

RacerX

Quote from: Swurve on September 21, 2012, 03:08:24 PM
$250 obo.

I'm guessing you don't work in sales.
Livin' The Life.

RacerX

JiZZZZZ...

Livin' The Life.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: Swurve on September 21, 2012, 03:08:24 PM
$250 obo.

These are pretty much Marshall clones, so either its broken, or it sounds pretty much like a Marshall, would you describe the terrible part of of the sound as 'gay AIDS'?

morgantician

Oh, well if it sounds gay AIDS, I'll take two.

ryansummit

you know what i dont know if what i wrote belongs here
forget it, i fear the smite

Swurve

Thin and tinny, notes almost don't feel round.
Thought maybe a tubeswap would help.
It does have sweet moments with the preamp at 9 and volume at 11..
Caution, panties subject to vaporization.

Hemisaurus

Maybe you're overgaining it? The harder you push a preamp tube, the more it tends to thin out, it might be biased a little cold, but most likely just back off on the gain.

morgantician

Does anyone have an HM-2 they'd be willing to sell, so I don't have to enter the throes of Guitar Center or eBay???

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 22, 2012, 08:11:40 PM
Maybe you're overgaining it? The harder you push a preamp tube, the more it tends to thin out, it might be biased a little cold, but most likely just back off on the gain.

Don't those have the phase inverter unbalance knob? Might be that's in the middle so is making loads of funny distortion, rather than turned right down to not be unbalancing the PI.

dunwichamps

Most long tail pairs have some degree of unbalance between the plate signals due to the continued copy of Marshall and Fender component values. Some level of mismatch is nice, it generates some 2nd order harmonics. There is some attempt at balance in that design with mismatched plate resistors of 82k and 100k but there is still some mismatch in the signals. Dont know if that would be the culprit to a nasty sound.

Mr. Foxen

They call it a texture control. I read it unbalances the PI, but didn't investigate further, because I don't have one to poke about in.

Instant Dan

WTB:

Any digital delay that oscillates.

I,Galactus

sold
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

morgantician

Anyone near Minneapolis/St. Paul have a bass cab they'll sell?  Looking for something 215 or 810ish.

Hemisaurus

Your local musicgoround suck, but some of the further ones have nice deals.

Make it as far as Burnsville, pick up these for $129 each.

musicgoround sell 215's cheap I've noticed before.

Corey Y

Tech21 Boost DLA Tap Tempo. Really versatile, lots of features, gets a nice analog feel between the tone and flutter controls. No-click switches, smooth for doing the tap tempo. A little scratched up at the top edge (can't really see it in the pic), fresh PedalTrain velcro on the bottom. I need some more room on my board for a new preamp, downsizing to a delay/reverb combo, so this is out.

$160 w/ shipping and paypal. Not looking for trades, need the cash for said replacement pedal.

bass sic

Quote from: RacerX on September 21, 2012, 03:28:25 PM
JiZZZZZ...

Racer what's the deal here? You tryin to sell or just showing off?

RAGER

I am sooooo close to buying a Hovercraft something or another.  itchin bad .
No Focus Pocus