FOR SALE/WANT TO BUY thread

Started by ROWDYBEER, February 02, 2011, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themusketking

anyone have an OC-2 or similar that they'd want to get off their hands?  I'm in the market for one. 
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

Jake

$100 Jam Roomer discount in the Fibson.
poop.

RAGER

Quote from: NoSleepTilSleep on December 05, 2012, 06:12:14 PM
Laney Klipp 100w up for grabs. In damn fine cosmetic shape.

Two issues to note: Input #1 (on the 'normal' side) is not presently working. I think it's a loose solder joint, when you wiggle the input (w/ cable) the sound comes through intermittently. Thought I'd leave it for a proper tech to sort out, all other inputs work fine. Secondly the output transformer has been replaced with a Heyboer Partridge clone at some point (I'm guessing this was done when it was brought over from the UK, North American 3-prong plug was also installed). The Heyboer is a high-end Partridge replacement recommended by many in Hiwatt clones/restorations. The Partridge power transformer and choke are original.

Recently retubed with Winged-C El34's and Tung-Sol 12a7x's. Comes with original back panel.
$900 + shipping to wherever you're at.

More pics at
http://s986.beta.photobucket.com/user/dandy44/library/Klipp
Contact Tony Reed from Stone Axe/Mos Generator.  He be crazy about these amps.  Me, I prefer the SuperGroups.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

liquidsmoke

Vanamps Solemate analog spring reverb $130 shipped. New these are over $200.
Light brown/tan color, tiny dent in the metal plate otherwise it looks pretty much mint.

Or trade for your good condition EH Holy Grail Plus even up.

http://vanamps.com/products/sole-mate/

Very Fender like but I want another reverb for extreme/weird/experimental sounds and the Solemate can't go into that territory.

Not exactly this color but close

mutantcolors

Local to Boise, which none of you fuckers are, but we can talk teh shippings. I don't expect a lot of action because it's mostly cymbals but here ya go.

http://boise.craigslist.org/msg/3474360601.html

Jake

With a 5-way switch and four push/pull knobs controlling each of the three pickups, this guitar can make an incredible amount of tones. Coil tapping, coil splitting, and phase switching all available for each pickup. If you can dream it, it can do it. By far the most tonally versatile Firebird ever from Gibson. Currently, there is a P90-sized SuperDistortion humbucker installed in the bridge, making for an unapologetic, no-hum rock machine. The original P90 is unharmed, included snug in the case -- three little solder joints is all it takes to swap them out.

• Solid grade-A mahogany body
  • High-gloss Vintage Sunburst nitrocellulose finish
  • Grade-A rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets and a 12" radius
  • Two coil-tapped P-90 pickups and one coil-splitting SuperDistortion humbucker
  • Tune-O-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
  • High-quality Mini Grover kidney button tuners
  • PLEK-cut Corian nut[/i]

$1000/shipped

poop.

Instant Dan

Meathead sold

Soul Vibe is still available

VOLVO)))

So, look, about that Klipp... I might sell my Model T for some profitable gains, somewhere in the 1300-1400$ range... and I want that Klipp. I've been fighting myself about this, but I need that money, but didn't want to be out my baby without replacing the void it would leave inside me. Whatchall think?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

I think you'll have to change your handle to Klipp.
poop.

VOLVO)))

I'm dead fucking serious, PM sent. Uh, The dude who sold me the T originally just asked if he can buy it back with the option of me buying it back when I'm in less of a rut. Why wouldn't I do this?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

the diddler

Have you played a Klipp? I haven't, but it seems some folks dig 'em, some not so much. 

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: the diddler on December 17, 2012, 08:32:38 AM
Have you played a Klipp? I haven't, but it seems some folks dig 'em, some not so much. 

They are awesome when they work. Getting them there is a trial.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Bandit

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on December 17, 2012, 11:20:38 AM
Quote from: the diddler on December 17, 2012, 08:32:38 AM

They are awesome when they work. Getting them there is a trial.

Jake loves a challenge!

RAGER

Had one for a while.  Was not fun to work on.  i think it had 3 different circuit boards IRC.  Klipp channel is a novelty.  Wasn;t my fav.  Much rather have a supergroup
No Focus Pocus

Jake

I have certain pieces of gear that are off the table for any sell or trade arrangements. Most everything else I consider easily liquidated if/when the time comes.

If that Model T is not one of those "keep" items, then by all means trade it in, upgrade, downgrade, whatever. Something tells me that down the road, you're not going to think it was worth shedding it for a couple/few hundred bucks in the short term.

Then again, it's not the first time I've heard you bring up trading or selling that amp. Maybe it's not the pot of gold at the end of your tone rainbow after all and the quest continues?
poop.

VOLVO)))

I only think about selling it when I'm getting really desperate. I do love it, and I love the tone, but it is the sole piece of equipment worth the most amount of money that I own. I just... I dunno, what the fuck are you supposed to do when you have 1300-1500$ behind you, and you're faced with the option of having, still, a pretty rad amp plus a sizable portion of your debt eliminated with the leftovers. Perhaps I shouldn't do this, I'm just trying to figure out what to do. I can't sell the Betas, they aren't worth enough for me to sell them and be without them. I can't sell the Peaveys because they're not worth a damn. I would toy with selling my Guild S-100, but for no less than 600$... I'm just... eh.

Consumer Loan 1001    $3,344.74              12/17/12
Visa Card ****   $2,266.31              12/17/12
Total    $5,611.05    

This is what I owe the world. ^^^^ I am SO CLOSE to being free of having substantial bills. The vehicle loan is 300$ a month, the card payment is 100$. I figure, kill the card balance, cancel the cocksucker so I can't fuck myself, again. Throw every available nickel at the truck loan and be out of it. Collect my paychecks, within three weeks I could have DunNick build me a fucking Model T to taste, and be fuck all to the world.

Y'all feel me? I want free of this fucking hole, it saps all of my happiness knowing that I can't take a legit, guilt free day off. Are any of you cockmagnets financial advisers?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

I,Galactus

I'm overhauling my tele and offloading the stuff I'm not re-using for funds:

First up on the block is a genuine Bigsby B5 Telecaster Vibrato Kit.  A little grimy but in great working order.  Get some wang bar on your tele twang.  $100 shipped CONUS.

Next up is a Seymour Duncan STHR-1b Hot Rails Bridge Pickup for Tele.  Same deal, a little grime on the ceramic blades, but plenty of lead and in perfect working order.  Super hot 'bucker toanz in a single tele slot.  $50 shipped CONUS.

Hot Rails sold.

Also got a three-ply b/w/b 8 hole pickguard and a "modern" style bridge.  Guard's a little scuffed, but the bridge is spiffy.  $25 shipped CONUS for both.

Sorry, no pix of the bridge, but it looks like this:

Sorry, no trades.  I need cash to fund the rest of the project.  Bulk shipping discounts are available, so make offers.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

VOLVO)))

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO SEND THAT TO ME, DICK.  ;D ;D

Holler if you need help with anything.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

xayk

Quote from: SunnO))) on December 17, 2012, 01:11:37 PM
I would toy with selling my Guild S-100, but for no less than 600$... I'm just... eh.

IF you decide you wanna go that route, talk to your good friend xayk first.

I sadly have no financial advice. I found myself in a bit of a situation last month thanks to improper fund management via my significant other, but almost all of my gear survived. Somehow.  ::)

bass sic

The Shocker

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.