FOR SALE/WANT TO BUY thread

Started by ROWDYBEER, February 02, 2011, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody

Got too many cabinets and it's time to downsize. They're in my studio in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. I could possibly do local delivery but out of towners would have to pick them up.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/4329792068.html

Lumpy

Quote from: Woody on February 11, 2014, 08:58:37 PM
Got too many cabinets and it's time to downsize. They're in my studio in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. I could possibly do local delivery but out of towners would have to pick them up.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/4329792068.html

Holy shit that practice space looks enormous. Optical illusion? Where is? How come I practice in a broom closet?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Woody

Yeah, it's an enormous loft. The band doesn't practice there any more. I just store my gear there.

Jake

Sad day. Gots to sell my Jazz Bass after a 12year run. Deets in linky:

Sold.
poop.

djpatb

FS: Matamp GT1 - 120 watt DOOM head!

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=150998
Price: $2150 shipped/PP'd.
Click above for more info.

www.signal30.com
HEAVY ROCK - CLEVELAND, OH

Lumpy

Jake you relic job looks pretty good! Most guys go overboard (sanding the paint off, oof). How'd you get the crazing (or whatever it's called) in the polyurethane? (The finish cracks...?) Also, the aging of the metal pieces looks great. You're very crafty, you should consider a career in the visual arts.

VOLVO)))

Box cutter?

Some sort of acid on the metal?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

Yeah, box cuter to make the finish cracks and muriatic acid fumes to age the metal parts. Used a kitchen scrub pad on an orbital sander to dull/haze the poly.

I actually do work in the visual arts. Ha! Been a graphic designer and art director for way over a decade now.
poop.

Lumpy

(I know you're a graphic artist, that part was a joke.)

I heard that putting the body in the freezer can get some finish cracks?

VOLVO)))

Not with poly. I've laid freon full blast on poly and it didn't hurt it...

If I sand bodies, I put acrylic paint on my arm, play the shit out of it for a bit so the paint gets everywhere my arm moves, on the bridge, on the pickups, etc. then sand away the acrylic paint spots, then lightly dull the sheen on the rest of the guitar. After that? If you smoke, or have smoker friends, or have seven bucks to waste on smokes and a cardboard box... hotbox that motherfucker, (or you could just rub some dirt into it, then wipe it off.)

I've also used my propane torch to brown guitar bodies. I've also used it to completely strip poly paint jobs in a matter of minutes. was a total lifesaver.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

Not to derail the thread too much, but the big problem with relic jobs IMO is when people try to make them look like 50 years old warhorses that were played to death every night. Just add a little wear & tear, don't try to make it look like a vintage instrument from 1958. That's why I think Jake's version works... just a few dings here & there, dulled the sheen on the chrome, etc.

Instant Dan

Flanger and 250 still available. Would consider a trade for a Pharaoh.

Instant Dan

Flanger and 250 have been traded.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

Cursed71

Does anyone have any older acoustic bass amps for sale?   Need a second amp, and am looking for a 270, 370, or 450.  Evilbay is gouging the price on these things, but I'm willing to pay a fair price for a good working unit that can handle some road use.
Thanks!

Metal and Beer

Nope, no one, look for something else !!   :D

( I feel ya)
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Cursed71

Ha!  Yup, that's what I thought.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dogfood

Sweat pants, Sweat shirt, velcro trainers.
Problem solving whiskey!

Soberskipper

SOLD

FS: sunn model T. Great condition, see pics on reverb. Zero issues, cap job done. Ready to rock

Www.reverb.com/shop/lttdtt

$2000SOLD
Pickup in st aug/jax or pay shipping

Thanks guys
Uri g.

VOLVO)))

Uri G!

I'll trade you an Ampeg b25b and beta lead from Gainesville for it
.. :-D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Soberskipper

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 22, 2014, 05:21:00 PM
Uri G!

I'll trade you an Ampeg b25b and beta lead from Gainesville for it
.. :-D

Ha! For you i'd do it for 6x$1000 beta leads and blown magna

VOLVO)))

Nice, nice, Sold. Ill be right over to get it.

Send me the Craigslist link, ill post it on Facebook for you.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Corey Y

SOLD

Putting out the feelers for this one, not completely sure I want to sell it, my 1980 Gibson SG Standard (has the jack on the side instead of the face, they only made em this way for 2 years). When I bought this thing almost 15 years ago it was a wreck, but the body/neck were perfect (no repairs, no cracks), so I refurbished it. New neck binding, refret, new nut, all new hardware (Schaller strap lock buttons), Seymour Duncan pickups (Custom Custom bridge, Pearly Gates neck), RS Guitarworks wiring harness, trans brown burst refinish by Marty Bell. The pickguard, trussrod cover, back cavity cover and switch/tip are original. Got some tophat style knobs on there now, but I can try to dig up the original speed knobs if requested, I think I still have them somewhere. It's in standard tuning right now. I haven't even played it in probably two years, willing to give it a fresh set of strings and a setup before shipping it out. Comes with non-original hardshell case and I'll also throw in a long Ernie Ball strap with Schaller straplocks on it if you like, since I have a few and don't use them anymore.

I'm thinking about $1100 with shipping (fully insured) and PayPal, but I'm open to partial trades. I have a tele/esquire build planned, so I could use a good maple/maple neck, hardware, that sort of thing (I've got the body covered), but if you've got something cool just offer, you never know. I've got a baby on the way and we're going out of pocket on everything instead of through insurance (don't ask!). So I'm not hard up for cash, but have no spare funds for instrument or cab build projects I want to start before the little guy gets here.

SOLD

Instant Dan

FFFUUUCCCCKKKK, I can't believe I missed that.