FOR SALE/WANT TO BUY thread

Started by ROWDYBEER, February 02, 2011, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

I really, really want to sell this. Not because it's doesn't melt faces, but because I have straight up SG fever.

SOLD/shipped. A lot of fiddle for the money, IMO.

It's a Chinese copy/replica that has been completely gutted and replaced with high quality parts. Currently set up for the heavy. The very, very heavy.

- Genuine Gibson Burstbucker 3 Bridge pickup
- GFS Mean 90 neck pickup
- '70s style Brass Nut (photo before install)
- Replaced bridge with much higher quality roller bridge (photo before install)
- Pots/caps/jacks/switches/electronics upgraded to RS Guitarworks kit
- Genuine Gibson Custom pickguard and mounting bracket
- Genuine Gibson Custom trussrod cover
- Added period-correct silver "reflector" style knobs
- Rosewood fretboard dyed black for more ebony appearance
- Reliced to simulate finish checking, finish dings/wear, hardware wear, and the finish "greening" that silver bursts famously do.

(Neck inlays are actually centered. The angle of the photo distorts the placement is all.)
poop.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 01, 2014, 06:55:04 PM
Those are fret stickers.

He's got 'em lined up pretty straight though!
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Jake

Less talky talk, more buy-ey buy!
poop.

Metal and Beer

"Genuine Gibson All This Stuff On This Chinese Forgery"  ;)

I love me some OG Jake, I'm just in a ball-bustin' mood.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Lumpy

It does look nice. "Good relic job" (three words that are rarely heard together.)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Metal and Beer

LOL  Good Vandalism Job  ;D

"Nice tie, it looks good on you though!"  The late great Oddnoid Danger McField
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

VOLVO)))

I really want that guitar. Im also next level broke. Who do I gotta blow to get someone to buy a beta lead around here?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Corey Y

Decided to keep it, since I don't need the money and I've only been getting super lowball offers on it.

I had a sale pending for this, but it fell through today. So up it goes, need to fundraise to buy some drivers for a cab build.

Sunn Beta Bass, all original, works perfect, nice cosmetic condition. I'm pretty sure I have the slip cover for it as well, need to look.

Jake

Fire sale. Good shit, great prices.

Peavey Classic 50: $325/shipped. Details: http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/4458992656.html

EHX 44 Magnum: $105/shipped. Details: http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/4462586571.html

Gray Spec: $65/shipped. Details: http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/4458993727.html
poop.

Corey Y

I'll take offers on the Beta Bass, if anyone is interested. Not hard up for cash, but I do want to clear it out of storage.

Jake

I'd really dig having that Beta, but goddamnit, I've got a no exceptions 10-knob max rule on amplifiers, and that has 11.
poop.

Corey Y

Quote from: Jake on May 13, 2014, 11:36:36 AM
I'd really dig having that Beta, but goddamnit, I've got a no exceptions 10-knob max rule on amplifiers, and that has 11.

Yeah, but it's just two identical preamp/EQ sections, plus a master. So really...it's just 6, if you think about it. If you really think about it, right before you send the money via PayPal.

;)

hisheroisjon

Made in japan, looking to get around 80 shipped. If that's grossly overpriced just let me know haha.

Lip

I have a few pedals I need to part with:

JHS Low Drive - bass overdrive ~ $120 shipped... i used this to warm up my sound when using hybrid amps  - sounds awesome.

Keeley modded Rat - PM offers

Zakk Wylde Phase 90 ~ $75

T.C. Electronics Corona Chorus ~ $80

Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

RacerX

I'll trade you one of these:

Livin' The Life.

Corey Y

Updated the price for the Beta Bass.

Decided to keep it.

VOLVO)))

Does the phase 90 increase pinch harmonics by 90%?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

Quote from: hisheroisjon on May 13, 2014, 01:12:37 PM

Made in japan, looking to get around 80 shipped. If that's grossly overpriced just let me know haha.

hmmmmmm, looks legit

somebody take this camera away from me before I redefine the term idiot [again]...... [haha beat ya to it]

Lip

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 14, 2014, 12:34:06 PM
Does the phase 90 increase pinch harmonics by 90%?

Why yes.. I believe it does...
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

Jake

I have the MXR Zakk Wyyyyylddd overdrive, and every note that you play through it is a pinch harmonic. You need to deactivate it to get regular notes.
poop.

JemDooM

Hey guys, I'm looking for a hyper fuzz fz2, any leads?
DooM!

Jake

Ebay. The prices can range pretty wildly from $80-200, so it's pretty hit & miss.

If you're impatient like me and looking for a bargain, you can always try the Behringer clone. They seem to sound damned near identical.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Behringer-SF300-Super-Fuzz-3-Mode-Fuzz-Distortion-Effects-Pedal-/111373578325?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Outboards_Effects_MJ&hash=item19ee61f055
poop.

JemDooM

Interesting! I could do but I had the fz2 before so I'm really keen to get it back, good to know though thanks! there are loads on ebay right now for a good price, all in the US but the problem is I cant buy until the end of the month or possibly even the end of July so just putting feelers out..

I'm also after an HM2 but those are not so hard to come by!
DooM!