Rory Gallagher - Live in Europe '72

Started by hashbrowns, December 02, 2011, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hashbrowns

God damn man. Found this album in goodwill a couple years ago for one dollar. Didn't know who he was but he looked like a total rocker on the cover so I got it. This is an incredible preformance it really shows how much of a great musician he was. One my most treasured LPs for sure. Any fans of Gallagher here?
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

The Shocker

hashbrowns

Yeah he had a great voice too. I mean he didn't have the best range but he had SOUL.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

CanookieWookie

One of the best live albums put out, and one of his greatest albums in his discography.

hashbrowns

Yeah it's definitely one of the best live albums I've heard. He's a really stunning acoustic player too.

CanookieWookie

hashbrowns

Yeah he is. It's really pretty amazing to me how few people know about rory. Pisses me off that he died before I could catch him live and people like tom petty and bruce springsteen are still alive and kicking  >:(

mortlock

Quote from: willb on December 03, 2011, 11:30:33 PM
Very underrated guitar player.
not really..he is actually quite well known amongst those who know the history of rock and blues and great guitar playing in that style..its guitar knowledge 101..

hashbrowns

Quote from: mortlock on December 22, 2011, 01:50:08 AM
not really..he is actually quite well known amongst those who know the history of rock and blues and great guitar playing in that style..its guitar knowledge 101..

That may be but I personally have never met ANYONE in my entire life (in person) that knew about Rory before I told them whereas freaking everyone knows hendrix and zeppelin. He's a little underrated in my book.

The Shocker

Quote from: hashbrowns on December 22, 2011, 02:07:18 PM
Quote from: mortlock on December 22, 2011, 01:50:08 AM

That may be but I personally have never met ANYONE in my entire life (in person) that knew about Rory before I told them whereas freaking everyone knows hendrix and zeppelin. He's a little underrated in my book.

Unknown by anyone that listens only to classic rock radio.