hardware

Started by James1214, August 08, 2012, 04:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tossom

My santoku knives.  Awesome but dangerous.
"Beige rock"

MadJohnShaft

Right - using the fish knife on a loaf of bread and the bread knife on a godammed onion.  She never sharpens anything.

I am so on that washing it and putting away right away thing. I bet some cavemen had this same problem going back to forever.

My mother in law babysat after school for one week and destroyed my cast iron pan I had been nurturing for years. Damn Vegans.  Oh well.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Ryno

^^^haha. I know all of those things well.

CAST IRON all day long. A flat 10", chefs 10" and a perfectly curved bottom 8" that is the most amazing pan for eggs of all styles. All of them are solid USA pieces  reconditioned/cleaned using a homemade electro bath and easy off oven cleaner, (which I don't like using), then re-seasoned. The egg pan almost never sees the sink. Just wipe it out and leave the oil or butter residue. It's builds a perfect glaze and reinforces the seasoning every time.

Yeah buddy.

The pans get the immediate clean-and-oiled-and-put-away treatment. As do my Henckels. Well, not the oil part, but they always get put away quickly.  I try to take care of my shit. The wife doesn't do as good a job.
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

James1214

I guess I'm lucky. my girlfriend is fastidious about keeping the knives clean and put away. she doesn't sharpen them, but I take care of that.
words

RAGER

I use fear to keep anyone from touching my knives or getting soap anywhere near my pans
No Focus Pocus

NCR600

The fear thing only works with other people, not my girlfriend. If I tried it on her, I think I'd end up with one of the knives stuck in me and a fractured skull from being hit over the head with a 14" cast iron skillet.

She does let me brew and keep my brewing gear in a tiny apartment so I can't complain too much I guess.