Sleestak: Skylon Express

Started by colonic rocker, March 14, 2011, 07:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonic rocker

This CD has been growing on me for awhile now. Starts out with three songs of monolithic stoner metal with some nice touches like a slow psychedelic jam at the end of the title track and the Land of the Lost sample finishing up Library of Skulls. Then things get more interesting with a long slow building instro that is Erik's Lament followed by a more melodic type of rocker called Angela. The heaviest and most potent track Sleestak Wardance is next and then The Marshall Plan another long instrumental with really cool organ along for the ride. They lose me on Birds of a Feather but this is an overall solid release with a healthy amount of variety, really impressed by the instrumentals (that sound nothing like Pelican and the like).
          Bought this on Amazon as a CD-r, has a cool front cover but the only other info is the track listing. Would have liked to learn more about the Sleestak Mythos through a lyric sheet, have real hazy childhood memories of Saturday Morning TV in the 70's.

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Isabellacat

i've had this CD since 2005. the lead guitarist of the band actually mailed to me the disc personally, back when there used to be another forum website called Stoner Rock Chick.com......i still play it occasionally. good psychedelic funk jams with a little grind metal thrown in.

SleestakDOOM

the new album is much much much better.....