Gypsy ~ in the garden

Started by Damocles74, December 26, 2011, 07:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damocles74

Absolutely wonderful album. I'm on my first spin and I can't get enough of this track!

When the chorus hits / still I'm fooling myself believing I really don't know if I need you /  ;D I love it <3 great bass work and falsetto honeysuckle!
      I love this album :D

"Gypsy began life as the hugely popular teen band The Underbeats, hailing from the fertile Minneapolis/St. Paul music scene. In 1969 The Underbeats decided to go for the big time and headed for California, where they eventually secured house band status at the Whiskey A Go-Go. Around this time the Underbeats name was sounding a bit dated so the band was rechristened Gypsy. The band started to attract attention from record labels and wound up with two solid offers, Atlantic and the upstart Metromedia. The band chose Metromedia and proceeded to record their self titled debut album, released in 1970. After the first album the band embarked on a successful national tour, playing large venues and festivals. In 1971, along with some personnel changes, the band returned to LA and began recording their second album In The Garden. Due to financial problems at Metromedia the album never got the attention it deserved. In The Garden"
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

GodShifter

I own this on vinyl, believe it or not. I don't dig it as much as you (apparently). It's a fairly mediocre slab of prog rock, imo.

Nice to see it mentioned, though.

Damocles74

Why are you stepping on my daisies Jason?  ;D  The human beings really are snowflakes; what resonates with me means nothing to you, but perhaps you are a bit jaded? Moderating the plebes :P
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

GodShifter

Ah ha, fair enough, Geordie.

Note to self: keep opinions to self  ;)

libertycaps

Listening to it, i visualise a Sonny & Cher variety show musical guest segment between Palmolive commercials. (That's not a good thing, btw.)

YMMV.

GodShifter

Now I remember why I bought this in the first place. This one (and maybe another) have Bill Lordan (Robin Trower, Sly Stone) on drums. I knew there was a reason why I had this ....

Damocles74

I've got Sonny & Cher vinyl ;D poor mans Lee Hazelwood/Nancy Sinatra!
Redditor Lucis Aeternae