Rock Candy is starting Hard Rock Candy..

Started by CanookieWookie, August 12, 2012, 07:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanookieWookie

and will be releasing some very cool remastered cds.. Diamond Reo, Stepson, Road, Captain Beyond, Paris..

The Diamond Reo is a cd I've been waiting for, for a very long time.  It looks promising.

GodShifter

The Paris thing is Bob Welch, no? That first album is pretty damn good, but definitely could use a remaster. The mix is incredibly inadequate. Captain Beyond and Road as well? Very cool. Good info, bro!

CanookieWookie

It is indeed the Paris with Bob Welch.  Although I have the Captain Beyond (capricorn remaster) I'll still have to buy this one.  If you haven't heard Diamond Reo - Dirty Diamonds, do so.  It is a fantastic hard rock gem .

The Shocker

Quote from: CanookieWookie on August 13, 2012, 08:41:56 AM
It is indeed the Paris with Bob Welch.  Although I have the Captain Beyond (capricorn remaster) I'll still have to buy this one.  If you haven't heard Diamond Reo - Dirty Diamonds, do so.  It is a fantastic hard rock gem .

I have at least 4 different releases of Captain Beyond, but I'll get this too.  Love that Road album.

Any idea on release dates?

CanookieWookie

No. Just coming soon. 

There are so many excellent 70s obscure hard rock bands that need a cd release and a remaster to boot if they have one.  I am pretty stoked about this.

L. Ron

Dirty Diamonds is indeed a kickass record.
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do and doing it with the people that you love.

CanookieWookie

The day that is released on cd, I'll be all over it.

L. Ron

Wasn't familiar with Paris, just checked out some youtube clips, shit is pretty tight.  Thanks Canookie Wookie and Godshifter!
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do and doing it with the people that you love.

frobbert

They're releasing the first three Max Webster albums as well  :)
bite me

CanookieWookie

L. Ron

My copy of first Paris record showed up today, listening to it right now(already listened to the first side, halfway through the second side).  Solid record, thought I agree with Godshifter about the mix not being great(to my ears thin and not enough low end).  Still well worth the $4.98 plus $4 shipping I paid.

GodShifter

Yeah, exactly, Ronnie. The songs are good, but there's no balls to the recording.