PIZZA

Started by mortlock, September 30, 2011, 01:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demon Lung

I bet most of you don't even know what "00" four is.

Sparkle Motion

"There ain't much difference between the man I wanna be and the man that I really am."

mortlock

I don't, but I could probably google it..

MadJohnShaft

Quote from: priest on June 03, 2013, 07:58:22 PM
as long as the sauce and the cheese is right, I can deal with almost anything, cardboard box included

Some days chickens, some days feathers

deleted account

whoa, whoa, whoa- hold the phone.  that's not what I typed!  what's going on here?  did Shaft get Bridget to hack into the system and change what I wrote?  this is a dirty outrage!  I won't stand for it!  my freedom of speech has been violated, my character defamed, my opinion besmirched, and I demand retribution this instant!

RAGER

It's spelled "ootrage".  Thank you.
No Focus Pocus

Dunedin

Quote from: Demon Lung on June 03, 2013, 08:11:49 PM

Fineness of the flour used for the pizza dough?
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

Demon Lung

Quote from: Dunedin on June 07, 2013, 04:32:31 PM

fuck if I know bro. I was just mocking rager for using that as a comeback to me...

Dunedin

Quote from: RAGER on May 29, 2013, 07:53:29 PM
Chicago style pizza, ick.  I also am wary of UK boiled pizza.  doesn;t sound good.

I like West coast and New Haven style and also Old World,duh.

RAGER; we deep fry pizza here.

MJS; foreign pizza? You mean like Italian?
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

RAGER

Re:  MJS statement.   :D ;D

Re: my statement.  DL is easily confused by a simple typo. And no.  You boil pizza.  I saw it on the Travel Channel.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Quote from: Dunedin on June 07, 2013, 04:32:31 PM

Correctomundo.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Yesterday I was having a pint with the owner of Apizza Scholls, arguably one of the most successful and popular pizzerias in Portland.  We didn;t talk pizza at all but talked about Volkswagens and a mutal friends restaurant.  People stand in line around the damn block to get into his place.

They close when they run out of dough.  Even you east coasters would dig this shit.

http://apizzascholls.com/index.html

No Focus Pocus

MichaelZodiac

Can we settle on something here: what is THE best way to eat leftover pizza? Warm it up in a pan, oven or just cold?
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Lumpy

For breakfast, DEEP DISH (cold). Spinach/Mushroom: hear me now and believe me later.

For thin crust, it's been said that the first time the crust is cooked is the best it will ever be. Something about reheating the gluten, getting tough/changing texture. But there's a method to reheat slices on the stovetop (!) in a large covered pan. The bottom of the pan revives the crust, while diffuse heat in the chamber warms up the toppings. Be careful, you can scorch the crust if you don't pay attention. It works, and is slightly better than reheating in the oven, but possibly not worth the trouble.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=reheat+pizza+stove+top&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Demon Lung

Quote from: Lumpy on June 09, 2013, 06:32:22 PM
For breakfast, DEEP DISH (cold). Spinach/Mushroom: hear me now and believe me later.

For thin crust, it's been said that the first time the crust is cooked is the best it will ever be. Something about reheating the gluten, getting tough/changing texture. But there's a method to reheat slices on the stovetop (!) in a large covered pan. The bottom of the pan revives the crust, while diffuse heat in the chamber warms up the toppings. Be careful, you can scorch the crust if you don't pay attention. It works, and is slightly better than reheating in the oven, but possibly not worth the trouble.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=reheat+pizza+stove+top&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
oh wow. I'm going to try this out.

mortlock

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on June 09, 2013, 07:59:53 AM
Can we settle on something here: what is THE best way to eat leftover pizza? Warm it up in a pan, oven or just cold?
just like everything, use a microwave.

RAGER

Yes warm up in cast iron skillet with lid and have pizza salad.

No Focus Pocus

black

Method depends on degree of hangover/lateness.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

JemDooM

mmmm I love it cold, especially if it had anchovies on it....with a nice hot cup of breakfast tea...
DooM!

mortlock

for me to like cold pizza, it cant really be 'cold'. it has to be more 'room temp'.. 

MadJohnShaft

Some days chickens, some days feathers

JemDooM

DooM!

Demon Lung

They call that "kids pizza" in the local Italian restaurants around here. Comes with the fries and everything.

mortlock

good shit..im good with a French bread pizza even though it goes against everything I believe a pizza should be.

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.