PIZZA

Started by mortlock, September 30, 2011, 01:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

That british French Bread pizza is what we feed to prisoners and the untouchable.

(Wonder why my pizza looks so black, must be a shadow effect because you can see the part in the sun was not).

Some days chickens, some days feathers

diasdegalvan

Best pizza around here in Ventura county is Toppers Pizza Place favorite is their creamy garlic chicken pizza.

MadJohnShaft

Chovie D

too many toppings...just too much shit on there.

MichaelZodiac

Call it unholy but I really really like shoarma pizza dipped with garlic sauce.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

RAGER

Quote from: diasdegalvan on August 07, 2013, 09:45:41 PM
Best pizza around here in Ventura county is Toppers Pizza Place favorite is their creamy garlic chicken pizza.

Right behind their Zesty Baja Fajita Pizza.
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

Pizza for macho non-Californians

Chovie D

looks  more like an "open face" calzone  :D

big ole blob of tire sealant lookin cheese goo. theres a crust somewhere under that mess right?

GodShifter

I've never been a fan of chicken on pizza. Whatevs.

Those pies that Shaft posted look tasty, though.

deleted account

they sure do, but what's with that one with mushrooms?  that's kind of "out there" for Chicago, no?  plus, I don't know if I can eat that many mushrooms!

I like the extra crust-lip on those.  as if to say "this is how high the toppings would be piled on a California pizza, those crazies!  we plain midwestern folk don't need none of that crud.  our extra high crust-lip® serves as a reminder of this.  like leaving an empty seat for Elijah at Passover.  that is-- if you were a dirty, Christ-killing Jew, which thank God you're not!"

MadJohnShaft

Upon further review, the box from my pizza would buttfuck that gay ass chicken stir fry pizza that no one wants.

Pizza is Chicago Deep dish. NY floppy thin crust,  and the rest of them when it's a basic margarita cooked on some woodfire fucking doom thing by hipster indie rockers - and that's it.  No Californians allowed.

mortlock

fuck chicken on pizza. doesn't belong, neither do pineapples. fuck that shit. chicken wing pizza is a bad idea.

Lumpy

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on August 08, 2013, 03:27:08 PM
Pizza for macho non-Californians

Their pizza is good (a little cornmeal in the crust I believe, keeps it crispy) but the sausage version is gross/guilty pleasure... there's a big disc of sausage meat covering the whole pizza (hiding underneath the cheese).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

That's not why the cornmeal is there.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Cornmeal might not be mixed into the dough, but maybe sprinkled on the pant to keep the dough from sticking.

Chovie D

Quote from: mortlock on August 08, 2013, 11:01:36 PM
fuck chicken on pizza. doesn't belong, neither do pineapples. fuck that shit. chicken wing pizza is a bad idea.

pineapple and ham (candian bacon) on pizza is good. normally I dont go in for non trad toppings but thats a great combo.

Demon Lung

Quote from: Chovie D on August 09, 2013, 06:16:37 PM
Quote from: mortlock on August 08, 2013, 11:01:36 PM

pineapple and ham (candian bacon) on pizza is good. normally I dont go in for non trad toppings but thats a great combo.
yeah it is. It's rare to find a place that does it on strong island though. This one spot used to do it and used dried pineapple. That was good.

mortlock

you two make me sick.

Ryno

I remember when slices were $.75 and ranch was a HUGE no-no.
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

Lumpy

Ranch on a pizza is a crime against nature, and so is BBQ sauce.

I've had a good pesto pizza, and a good white sauce pizza, but tomato sauce is best, lets not lose our minds here.

juggernaut

Quote from: Lumpy on August 10, 2013, 12:28:21 AM

I've had a good pesto pizza, and a good white sauce pizza, but tomato sauce is best, lets not lose our minds here.

To me, thin crust NYC margherita style with fresh mootz cooked in a wood\coal fired oven is the epitome of the pizza making arts.  Everything else is just a pale imitation.

I don't even recognize that deep dish nonsense as pizza. 

RAGER

Quote from: juggernaut on August 12, 2013, 04:47:26 PM
Quote from: Lumpy on August 10, 2013, 12:28:21 AM

To me, thin crust NYC margherita style with fresh mootz cooked in a wood\coal fired oven is the epitome of the pizza making arts.  Everything else is just a pale imitation.

I don't even recognize that deep dish nonsense as pizza. 

Slow clap
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

You ever have a 'Grandma' slice? It rules. Thick crust with the tomato sauce on top, and a little fresh garlic. Cheese underneath. No other toppings. The crust has three different textures... crispy on the bottom, fluffy dough in the middle, and chewy/moist on top. Rectangular pan, cut in squares.

MadJohnShaft

It's not that Pzza Hut thick crust you ate before billybob, it's a whole nother deal

Demon Lung

Quote from: Lumpy on August 12, 2013, 06:50:42 PMYou ever have a 'Grandma' slice? It rules. Thick crust with the tomato sauce on top, and a little fresh garlic. Cheese underneath. No other toppings. The crust has three different textures... crispy on the bottom, fluffy dough in the middle, and chewy/moist on top. Rectangular pan, cut in squares.
i dunno man. Some places throw some fresh basil on top.