Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonergrunge

Yes, this Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal was in stock here (which is extremely rare) and it was only this one so I said "well, what the hell" and bought it. I have 3 pedals with an exp out jack (Moog Minifooger Trem, WMD Protostar and the Analog Man Dual Analog Delay) so there's a lot to experiment with it.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

RAGER

Should work just fine. I have the same one.
No Focus Pocus

neighbor664

I just pulled the trigger on a 50 watt Boss Katana combo.

RAGER

How's that Katana working out?

I just pre ordered one of these. https://soursound.com/products/hdb2

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: neighbor664 on December 14, 2019, 11:03:01 PM
I just pulled the trigger on a 50 watt Boss Katana combo.

How's this working out?  Kinda thinking maybe I'd get one for upstairs use. Not always in the mood to go downstairs and fire everything up and rage through the 100 watters. I wish the 50 had an external speaker jack. Looks like the 100 does but I don't really need all the features of that one.

Interested in your feedback.
No Focus Pocus

neighbor664

It has worked really well. My only complaint is that it does not have a 1/4" out to add an extension cab. i'm going to add one, because this would sound awesome through a 4x12. Real spring reverb would be great, but that's because I like to bang the amp and use the spring clunk as music.
I've played on a few line 6 amps and some Zoom modeling stuff that sound good enough but feel disembodied. Sound good, but no response.
NOT THIS AMP. It is fairly intuitive too. It may the best practice amp ever made.
I use it in the 50W mode with a hard hitting drummer no problem, and sound like I've got a stack.  If I owned this amp back in the Damnweevil days my bandmates would have had to fight me to convince me to drag around my V4 and two 4x12 cabs.
Even though this has plenty of effects and tones, I mostly treat it as a single channel amp. I get the most beautiful jcm800 crunch and then just roll back the guitar volume to clean up. All my usual outboard effect.  I am no longer a tube purist after owning this amp.

RAGER

The price is definitely right. I might just give it a rip. I have a VHT hand wired 6watt I need to play through again just to see if I really need another amp. Obviously the VHT doesn't have any effects or anything but I've got spare 4 or 5 overdrives and delays laying around at least. The Katana would nice and discreet in the corner. No pedals and cables on the floor. Make the wife happy.

Off topic kinda but at one point she said my Orange would look cool in the living room. So I thought if that was cool she'd certainly be ok with a JCM 800 combo in the corner. ????
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

yep. Ice Cream for Crow

renfield

This Pharoah Supreme is pretty overwhelming, can't seem to get a bad tone out of it despite there being a million ways to tweak it.

RacerX

SCHWINGG!!

Gibson LP Jr. Doublecuts for $550 at Guitar Center until President's Day—I just pulled the trigger on one in Worn Brown...

Livin' The Life.

neighbor664

RacerX

Yep, I'm stoked—it will be a perfect backup for my SG Classic!

Anyone who doesn't own a P90-equipped axe and wants one should strongly consider one of these—the usual GC price is $799.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Nice magahoney.

Just had a guy off CL deliver this to my office.

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

What's the A mean, is that new? I have one that's a couple years old that's "SX"

I think they are great, except you can't adjust volume on the fly (when you're playing multiple samples, if you need to bring the volume of one up or down) and no fade ins (when you have multiple samples going, to have samples fade in and out). Otherwise I love mine.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

It's got an updated sequencer I guess and it pairs better it's the Aira stuff specifically the TR8. So that's what the A is for.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Whats a good radiation detector to scan that for Fukushima isotopes? Something easy to pack around, hi-end quality.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

Lumpy

Quote from: Muffin Man on February 16, 2020, 03:17:02 AM
Whats a good radiation detector to scan that for Fukushima isotopes? Something easy to pack around, hi-end quality.

https://somasynths.com/ether/

Muffin Man

Yykes! More like don't look a that russian.

Lumpy, Soma! I had my eye on thier Lyra-8. Hmm, their Pulsar-23

RacerX

Got the LP Jr. Doublecut today—right outta the box she's one badass little P-90 Rock machine. More later...
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Nice. I might have to look into something like this. Weird that I've never had a P90 guitar in all these years. Kinda dumb of me.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: RAGER on February 14, 2020, 06:23:35 PM
Nice magahoney.

Just had a guy off CL deliver this to my office.

Having fun with this so far. Doing some Lofi jazz hip hop loop stuff. Nothing new I know but it's helping me learn the thing. I've done more on this in less than a week than I did on the Octatrack in six months.

I guess I'm supposed to put stickers on it and change the knobs.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I'm interested in the Octatrack but not $800 interested. Did I say that already?

These Roland 404 loopers seem best for rhythm-oriented music, what with the abrupt stops/starts (as opposed to ambient music). They're great - I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use mine though. I think I can use it better, I mean.

RAGER

Fuck the Octatrack. You have to have a certain brain to use their stuff is the general consensus. Though I've heard the digitakt is a bit easier to run. Don't know if I'll ever get any other Elektron stuff. Plus the tiny little screens and menu diving. Eeeesh.

You can def use the SP for ambient and other weird stuff. It's just the natural to loop something and put a 4/4 to it. With some outboard effects you can make some smooth transitions between "scenes" (Octatrack lingo). I just picked up two new 16 gig SD cards to load up with samples.

On my next days off I'm gonna set it up with my Korgs EMS and EMX with some outboard effects and see how well they play together.

Every  time I buy something like this I have the delusion of playing out but that never happens. ????
No Focus Pocus