Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

Set up the new LP Jr. for drop-C tuning and dropped in a set of Ernie Ball Burly Slinkys. She's got a 1-piece wraparound bridge w/ the "lightning bolt," so intonation's not perfect, but 3/4 turn of the low-E side grubscrew has it close enough for now. If shit gets freaky, I'll get a replacement wraparound bridge with adjustable saddles.

The P-90 tone is massive, and despite the single pickup, the volume & tone controls provide a wide range of sounds. I've rolled the tone back to about 4 for the doomier stuff & move it up to 6 for more bite. Maple neck does not bother me in the least, and the profile is damn close to my SG Classic's neck. Lacquer is thinner than the SG (Gibson's "worn" finish). No belly cut, so I've slung the Jr. a little lower than the SG to keep my lowest rib happy.

Loving this guitar(which I've named LBG).

Livin' The Life.

RAGER

As if I need any more gear but this looks fun. I've noticed my timing is not great these days since not playing in a band for so long. Something like this might help along with my SDRUM pedal.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Ok fuck it. I just bought one. Got two days off to spend with it. ????
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Looks good...

I'm trying to buy a used MXR Micro Chorus (the kind used by Judas Priest). I had a couple of cheap ones I was following on Ebay ($25 and $35) but I always space out and forget the end of the auction (I never bid until the last 20 seconds).

I missed out on a cool noise synth this way too, it sold for half price. I'm certain I could have sniped it.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Looks like there are a couple on Reverb for $50. You could always make an offer with free shipping.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Seems like people don't want to come down more than like 10%. Im looking for a steal, since I don't really need it.

RAGER

Are they that good or is it the footprint?
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

It's a one-knobber (I like simplicity for most pedals) and does like a couple of things pretty well I guess... 80s new wave chorus, metal chorus, and fake roto speaker (depending on the speed setting - depth is fixed).

Stonergrunge

Boss ES-5 Effects Switching System

So far it has been great, the only downside is the input buffer (it sucks) but you can turn it off. The features are very interesting and the creation (and editing) of patches is way easier than I thought.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Lumpy

Can you program it? So maybe a certain effect can be used by multiple banks?

1. Fuzz A, Chorus, Reverb
2. Fuzz B, Chorus, Reverb

Etc

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Lumpy on March 19, 2020, 12:11:44 AM
Can you program it? So maybe a certain effect can be used by multiple banks?

1. Fuzz A, Chorus, Reverb
2. Fuzz B, Chorus, Reverb

Etc

Sure, the programming allows you to create and to store up to 200 patches (a patch is a combination of loops). This is my current setup:

Loop 1: MJM Roctavios (Octavia) and MJM London Fuzz (Ge Fuzz Face)
Loop 2: MJM London Fuzz II (Si Fuzz Face) and Sunmachine Reptile Fuzz (a smoother and darker kind of fuzz)
Loop 3: Sixties Vibe (uni-vibe) and Protostar (envelope filter)
Loop 4: Minifooger Tremolo and ARDX20 Dual Analog Delay (Ibanez Chorus Mini connected to the delay's effects loop)
Loop 5: Boss Loop Station

The wah is placed first in my chain before the ES-5.

The ES-5 organizes the patches into 3 categories: groups, banks and patch number. The device contains 8 groups with 5 banks inside each group and 5 patches inside each bank. The Manual mode lets you use the switcher in a typical way, in where each numered footswitch turns their correspondent loop on/off, whereas the Memory Mode lets you use the footswitches to turn each patch on/off.
Fuzz is love

RAGER

Any plans of consolidating or using up all that extra real estate?
No Focus Pocus

Stonergrunge

Quote from: RAGER on March 20, 2020, 04:54:14 PM
Any plans of consolidating or using up all that extra real estate?

LOL, the infamous tray is still here (after all these years) because I was unsure about how many pedals I truly wanted to get and also due to the fact that some of my pedals uses carbon batteries. I would love to get something simple and easy to find like a Pedaltrain but I need to get the virtual batteries from The GigRig first, to see if they can work well with my fuzzes in order to keep everything connected 24/7. Otherwise, I would have to get a different kind of pedalboard that allows me to unscrew the bottom plate of the pedals without having to remove them from the pedalboard and therefore stressing the velcro.
Fuzz is love

renfield

So if I'm understanding correctly, "loop" can mean both a discreet pedal chain and a repeating segment of music?

RAGER

Yes. He's got an effects looper there but he could add a looper pedal and have it constantly on in one of the effects loop spots and grab it anytime????
No Focus Pocus

Stonergrunge

Quote from: RAGER on March 21, 2020, 03:00:00 PM
Yes. He's got an effects looper there but he could add a looper pedal and have it constantly on in one of the effects loop spots and grab it anytime????

Yes, excellent explanation.  :)
Fuzz is love

Lumpy

I bought one of these yesterday from a local guy (we maintained our distance). GAS during a global pandemic. Mine is the current small box version. Supposed to be part muff, part superfuzz with the EQ from the HM-2 (fuck if I know)

RAGER

Pedals pedals pedals. Love em. Prolly have too many.

Speaking of GAS at the wrong time, I've been looking at CL and seeing some good deals. I'd feel bad about cashing in on this stuff but then these peeps prolly need the dough. I'm torn. I could maybe buy this old Marshall bottom cab and maybe sell it back to him for same price when shit's back to normal. I don't know dammit.
No Focus Pocus

Stonergrunge

CIOKS DC7 power supply

So far so good, it's fully isolated I already felt a difference compared to the T-Rex Chameleon, it's dead quiet and I don't hear that noise produced by the speed of the vibe pedal.
Fuzz is love

Stonergrunge

So far it's really good and weird as fuck.
Fuzz is love

RAGER

Speaking of Waza craft. Have you seen these?  Debuted at NAMM 2020. Not sure I'd need them but seem kinda cool. This video is kinda wordy but they did what I was immediately thinking by plugging it into a pedal board or a synth. Anyways.

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Those headphones look cool - I hadn't seen them before. $399 at Musicians Fiend. Headphones wear out though - the ear pads break down, etc. I wonder if they have a way to replace those parts.

RAGER

That's a nice lookin bass.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

You know how I feel about the jazz/precision pickup combo :chef's kiss: