Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

Quote from: grimniggzy on March 23, 2012, 01:16:32 PM
what kinda amp deaner/JakeO)))?

edit: oh, is it one of those little jawns that you pulled from that other thread?

A Baldwin Professional with Supersound!

Haven't got off my ass to send him those pulls.

Volume

I just got a Squier vintage modified Tele, jazzmaster pup in the neck. I love this thing, been busting out Keef licks the lat few days. Might put a bigsby on it at some point.

Also got another Orange cab (40th anniversary with G12H speakers) a few weeks back.

VOLVO)))

edit: oh, is it one of those little jawns that you pulled from that other thread?

This cutie! It's SS, but very beautiful sounding. You'd never know it was solid state.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

moose23

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 23, 2012, 12:33:49 PM
I want some new fuzzzzz...

I love Dean's new amp. It's gorgeous.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

What kinda fuzz are you after?

I think I need to start work on a Fuzzrite and see where it takes me.

grimniggzy

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 23, 2012, 01:34:51 PM

This cutie! It's SS, but very beautiful sounding. You'd never know it was solid state.

Woah, COULURRRS! Looks neat, you'll never see me puttin down SS heads, that's all I roll with.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: moose23 on March 23, 2012, 01:36:07 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on March 23, 2012, 12:33:49 PM
I want some new fuzzzzz...

I love Dean's new amp. It's gorgeous.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

What kinda fuzz are you after?

I think I need to start work on a Fuzzrite and see where it takes me.

I'm not sure. I think I've got the superfuzz/muff area covered, I'm thinking tonebender/fuzzface next. I want a whacky decay with a velcro sound...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

56Merc

Quote from: bitter on March 23, 2012, 01:27:08 PM
Quote from: Jake on March 23, 2012, 12:55:17 PM
Goddamn. That Scarlett is one firebreathing motherfuck. I'd love to hear one all up close and personal like.

Agreed. If it has that clarity and saturation in person, it's a real winner in my book.

That it does.  When I was playing it you can tell it cuts through everything while keeping its low end balls.  I thought one of the coolest things is how easy and responsive the feedback/overtones are to control

Instant Dan

Supposedly a 1979 DOD 250 clone. Haven't gotten to try it since all my toob amps are at my parent's place and my Marshall is still in the shop.

Instant Dan

Quote from: Instant Dan on March 24, 2012, 06:17:26 PM
Supposedly a 1979 DOD 250 clone. Haven't gotten to try it since all my toob amps are at my parent's place and my Marshall is still in the shop.

I think my overdrive search is over for now. My God, I love the warm Tubey feeling it sounds like. Does good with humbuckers but loves those P90's in my SG. My only gripe is that it could have a little more volume on tap.

Can't wait to try it with my Marshall.

NoSleepTilSleep

Just picked this up off Gentry from Eagle Twin (was used by him and I think Greg Anderson on the last Sunn/Eagle Twin tour), makes shit louD))).

clockwork green

8 volts? What the fuck? That's odd.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

bitter

That may just be the font. To me, it still looks like a 9, but with an overly exaggerated tail.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

NoSleepTilSleep

9volts, the engraving is pretty deep so it looks a bit weird at that angle.

mutantcolors

the hell is that? I know Eagle Twin has beast tone of beastly beastness...

NoSleepTilSleep

3-way amp splitter. Each out has an isolated transformer and phase shaping, so you can correct phase cancellations between a multi-amp setup and get the loudest and direct signal out of each. Plus you can get a pretty good boost on each output as well if you need it.

RAGER

That's what I thought it was when I saw the ground lift
No Focus Pocus

tossom

Got a Joyo fuzz pedal recently for next to nothing, not had it tested at gigging volume yet but a fun toy to have in the house ;D
"Beige rock"

VOLVO)))

Quote from: NoSleepTilSleep on March 25, 2012, 03:18:38 PM
3-way amp splitter. Each out has an isolated transformer and phase shaping, so you can correct phase cancellations between a multi-amp setup and get the loudest and direct signal out of each. Plus you can get a pretty good boost on each output as well if you need it.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK TAKE GUTSHOTS PLEASE, DETAILED GUTSHOTS...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

rayinreverse

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 25, 2012, 03:36:51 PM
Quote from: NoSleepTilSleep on March 25, 2012, 03:18:38 PM

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK TAKE GUTSHOTS PLEASE, DETAILED GUTSHOTS...

calm down. I'll open one thats down at our space tonight and see whats in it.

dunwichamps

soon to be someones new acquisition

mortlock

not really pic worthy, but i just scored a used peavey bandit..perfect for my synths and noise band..it sounds like shit and the pots are all scratchy..i couldnt be happier.

grimniggzy

Paid for this guy today. I'm going to end up with too many "strats" but this one and the lefty/righty were awesome deals.

https://picasaweb.google.com/locodiablo9/IbanezRoadster32312123PM#

I,Galactus

Quote from: grimniggzy on March 27, 2012, 02:28:36 PM
Paid for this guy today. I'm going to end up with too many "strats" but this one and the lefty/righty were awesome deals.

https://picasaweb.google.com/locodiablo9/IbanezRoadster32312123PM#

That thing's fucking rad.  Coffee table finish guitars FTW.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

grimniggzy

yeah, the finish def made me look twice. between that, the price and locking tuners I was sold, had to pull the trigger on it.

grimniggzy

I'm also betting this thing blows away my MIM even though I love that guitar.