Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

xayk

New additions - Disaster Transport Jr. and LM308 Rat.  One of those cost a normal amount used and one of them cost $25. (Hint: it was the Rat!)

I have never owned a Rat before, and after a scant ten minutes, I can say this: if I could travel back in time and give myself one piece of advice, it would be to buy better headphones earlier in life.  But if I could give myself two pieces of advice, it would to buy a fucking Rat.

grimniggzy

Quote from: xayk on March 27, 2012, 09:14:43 PM

New additions - Disaster Transport Jr. and LM308 Rat.  One of those cost a normal amount used and one of them cost $25. (Hint: it was the Rat!)

I have never owned a Rat before, and after a scant ten minutes, I can say this: if I could travel back in time and give myself one piece of advice, it would be to buy better headphones earlier in life.  But if I could give myself two pieces of advice, it would to buy a fucking Rat.

:thumbs up: RAT lovin'

VOLVO)))

I need a rat. I'm disappoint.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

xayk

Quote from: dunwichamps on March 27, 2012, 09:23:27 PM
GGG has a cheap clone

I'm actually in the midst of building a Rat clone from a guitarpcb.com board when this popped up on CL. Rat on Rat action! (since I missed one of those rackmount Rats a few months ago.)

grimniggzy

Quote from: xayk on March 27, 2012, 09:33:49 PM
GGG has a cheap clone

I'm actually in the midst of building a Rat clone from a guitarpcb.com board when this popped up on CL. Rat on Rat action! (since I missed one of those rackmount Rats a few months ago.)

I always had a boner for the R2DU's. When I first saw them I was like "2 RATS INA RACK :P"

dunwichamps

Quote from: xayk on March 27, 2012, 09:33:49 PM
GGG has a cheap clone

mmm, i was considering making a dual pedal, OCD and Rat

mutantcolors

Played a Rat one time, testing some prospective bass gear for a jammin' buddy. Went bass -> rat -> stereo power amp, sounded fucking badass. Dude tried telling me "you gotta have a preamp" and I'm thinking "I do, it's this pedal dumbass. It sounds better than everything, ever."

grimniggzy

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 27, 2012, 09:22:14 PM
I need a rat. I'm disappoint.

a lil pricey IMO but...
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2886886-FS-FT-Proco-Rat-II-w-LM308-(Mid-90s)-switchable-Reutz-Mod

You should've scooped the one that Mike_Sims was selling. If I remember correctly his jawn was 80's and he only wanted $100.

grimniggzy

Quote from: mutantcolors on March 28, 2012, 02:22:16 AM
Played a Rat one time, testing some prospective bass gear for a jammin' buddy. Went bass -> rat -> stereo power amp, sounded fucking badass. Dude tried telling me "you gotta have a preamp" and I'm thinking "I do, it's this pedal dumbass. It sounds better than everything, ever."

also, ^likes this^

The Shocker

Lumpy

Got this in the mail today, pretty cheap - I need a basic/cheap/decent distortion.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mutantcolors

I went to GC a couple yrs back because they were blowing out those Classics for $30. They were out so I weaseled  the salesman into giving me the Dist III for the same price. Baller ass pedal yo. Str8 baller.

Lumpy

I paid 35 shipped.  :-\

Missed the big sale.

mutantcolors

that was like 2008, you still got a good deal

dunwichamps

vacuum tube powered strobe light!

The Shocker

justinhedrick

Quote from: deaner33 on March 28, 2012, 02:20:40 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on March 27, 2012, 09:11:30 PM

You need some sun on those legs.  ;)

play me to sleep, jake!  ;)

also, that's the same series of amp that willie nelson uses. only his is a 2x12.

Jake

Here's a couple of things I'm planning on picking up Saturday (after I win the MegaMillions Lotto Friday night)

1965 Pelham Blue SG

1968 Red Marshall Plexi. Preferable a 50watt smallbox, and with a straight cab. But this one would do in a pinch.

1954 Les Paul Goldtop

poop.

Metal and Beer

you wrong fo' dat   ;)

such sexy pr0n...damn
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

bitter

Jake whatever happened to you downsizing/moving? Those are some quality options you're looking into  :o
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Lumpy

Quote from: yesca on March 29, 2012, 09:25:21 PM
anybody know if the dod250 reissues are worth it?

They still make a DOD 250, so... reissue? You mean like a boutique version? I wouldn't know.

The stock ones are good overdrives, they're only two knobs - Vol & Drive (so there's not tons of tweakability and tone shaping) but they are cheap and easy to find used. Good for driving a tube amp on a low budget.

Instant Dan

Quote from: yesca on March 29, 2012, 09:25:21 PM
anybody know if the dod250 reissues are worth it?

Got to try one and they're not bad, hissy though. Works great with Marshall's and El84's. I just got a 1980/1981 clone because it was only 10 dollars more and it was worth every penny.