Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimniggzy

Just consolidating things from a few other threads and post/stat padding.

Got this guy in the mail on Monday

:thumbs up: SunnO))) & Metal and Beer

Gotta Sunn Beta Lead comin my way on Friday, gonna need a lil' work but I'm excited. (Thanks everyone from the Beta thread.)

Also have a late 70's Ibanez Roadster on the way.

& I paid for this little beauty yesterday...

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

grimniggzy

Quote from: bitter on April 05, 2012, 01:59:46 PM
I like those DA guitars.
:)
Yeah, they're the shit. I've had the bass reissue for a couple years and love it.
Been looking for the guitar for at least a semi-reasonable price since then.

bitter

I remember those had swappable proprietary pups. Did you get both?

grimniggzy

I didn't see it mentioned but now that you ask I went to check it out. Yes, it came with both.
As for the bass version I only really liked one of em so I'm glad I'll have both with the guitar.
Apparently Dan's son Kent made the pickups for the reissues and will make custom ones, I may be looking into that down the road.
http://www.kentarmstrong.com/

Mr. Foxen

Picked up today, needs a bunch of work.

dunwichamps

damnmmit how can u find those soo easy. there like a needle in the haystack over here.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: dunwichamps on April 05, 2012, 07:01:41 PM
damnmmit how can u find those soo easy. there like a needle in the haystack over here.

Who the fuck left these blocking the walkway?

Those ain't mine, but will be when I get enough money together. That is pretty key. See that other thread where people give a dude money in advance to get them gear.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 05, 2012, 07:14:59 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on April 04, 2012, 09:26:57 PM
I can always build any amp so no biggie in the end

true my friend its just time consuming and id like to pick a cheaper unit up to play with if I could

The Shocker

Quote from: grimniggzy on April 05, 2012, 01:22:46 PM

Gotta Sunn Beta Lead comin my way on Friday, gonna need a lil' work but I'm excited. (Thanks everyone from the Beta thread.)

Damn, damn, damn!  So what's with the green pickguard?  Never seen one like that.

With my love of Greg Ginn I've always wanted one.  How much does yours weigh?

grimniggzy

Quote from: deaner33 on April 05, 2012, 07:44:05 PM
Quote from: grimniggzy on April 05, 2012, 01:22:46 PM

Damn, damn, damn!  So what's with the green pickguard?  Never seen one like that.

With my love of Greg Ginn I've always wanted one.  How much does yours weigh?

Haha, yeah, I was waiting for you to chime in with some Black Flag lovin'. Apparently the dude painted the guard green, I'm cool with it, think it looks better that way. The guitar should be on it's way but I'd say the bass version I have is like normal Fender Bass weight 9-11 lbs. Keep in mind it's shortscale so that helps even it out.

Mr. Foxen

Got this today:

I don;t even know how many Sound City 120s I own any more. There is a bunch under the stairs I can't recall exactly how many. Y'all need to stump up for shipping them to the States.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on April 11, 2012, 06:51:31 PM
Got this today:

I don;t even know how many Sound City 120s I own any more. There is a bunch under the stairs I can't recall exactly how many. Y'all need to stump up for shipping them to the States.

more like u need to come to US

VOLVO)))

I sure do want one...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 11, 2012, 07:03:33 PM
I sure do want one...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

drop me 1k when i rebuild mine

Jake

I had a Sound City 120 for a minute. Friggin' insane headroom – like bass amp insane. Bought it for $175, sold it for $650.
poop.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Jake on April 11, 2012, 07:55:28 PM
I had a Sound City 120 for a minute. Friggin' insane headroom – like bass amp insane. Bought it for $175, sold it for $650.

6 EL34s woooo. I cant imagine the SC200

Mr. Foxen

I've managed to get some power section fur from my 150. getting envelopingly loud with ER15s in. Not been able to push the 200 that far. Waiting for an opportunity to try.

dunwichamps

much work to be done on this sound city. I just got all the PEC mil spec pots in it, bought all the belton 9 pin sockets. Next I need to replace all the cap cans, then redo turret boards....

Mr. Foxen

Some of these aren't recent purchases as have been sat with a mate for over a year, but road trip round the North today:

What is fucking gutting is the 200w PA at the bottom. Saw it, only thing of value in a pile of shite, asked the guy if it had valves and trannies in it, no valves, but there are trannies. When I got to it, some utter cunt has converted it to solid state, the transformers are little ones. Why the fuck would anyone do that? Never saw it coming, kinda ruined the trip.

bitter

That's a new spin on a Tranny surprise!  :D

Baltar

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Jake

Just finished installing a Bigsby on the ol' Custom. I used a Vibramate mounting bracket, so no holes/mods necessary. So far, really having fun w/ it.

http://www.vibramate.com/vibramate-v7-lp-install.php

poop.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.