Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discö Rice

Picked up one of these guys (used) for $89. Whee!
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Stonergrunge

This little red dude came here on Wednesday, the Real McCoy Custom RMC6FL Wheels Of Fire Wah.

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Fuhgawz

I just got a Way Huge Pork Loin:

It is absolutely perfect for boosting an already overdriven amp. By mixing clean signal with the overdriven signal you can get a nice balance between an open and a compressed boost. The curve control can dial in how tight the overdrive is, for if you want either full on bass or a tighter boost for palm mutes. It is rather dark sounding though, so set the tone knob high. Because of its darkness and the clean blend, it can also be a convincing bass overdrive. Just don't use it as a standalone drive pedal on a clean amp, because it doesn't work well in this function. But for taking a low-mid gain overdrive sound to a thick full sounding high gain sound it's one of the best I've ever tried. The purple metal housing looks great too.

The Shocker

Been on a pedal binge lately.

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

The Shocker

Was pumped to pick it up at the post office today, but got home and the upstairs A/C is out.  Having to deal with that instead.  >:(

clockwork green

Some sweet pedals. I've got to step up my game.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

bitter

Definitely would like a report of how it sounds. the trim pot setup is interesting; curious what's up with the I & II on the red drive? Also, I take it the center trim pot must be for setting the midrange  ???

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

The Shocker

Didn't get a lot of chance to play with it due to the A/C problems, but the I is for single coils while II is for humbuckers and P90's.  You are right on about the center pot.  The red drive is hotter than the brown drive.  It's going to take a while to dial it in.  There are an additional 2 pots and a buffered/bypass switch on the inside.

Stonergrunge

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

grimniggzy

Quote from: grimniggzy on April 17, 2012, 09:18:49 AM
Quote from: The Shocker on April 17, 2012, 09:06:57 AM
Hey Grim, any update on that Dan Armstrong?  Did you finally get it? 

yeah, got that, i just haven't had time to get intensive with it yet. i'll try and post pics and maybe sound clips. as far as the weight i really don't notice much of a difference between it and my strat.

UPDATE: This is clearly the best guitar I've ever owned. Still haven't had time to hook up pics or recordings but hopefully soon.

grimniggzy

HAHA no pun intended w/ the word CLEARly

VOLVO)))

I hate you so much right now, Chris. In other news, if homeboy is willing to ship, I get a Sunn Concert Lead for 80 bucks.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

I wouldn't be so jealous Mr. Guild, haha.
That's awesome about the Sunn though, I'm still waiting to get back the loner Concert Bass I lent out and sell that dude my un-working Concert Lead. If your deal doesn't work out I've gotta GK that I'd get out to ya to fixxer up for Metal Dave fer nada. Not sure what exactly is wrong with it, I can get a signal but it kinda goes in & out.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: grimniggzy on April 22, 2012, 08:23:15 PM
That's awesome about the Sunn though, I'm still waiting to get back the loner Concert Bass I lent out and sell that dude my un-working Concert Lead. If your deal doesn't work out I've gotta GK that I'd get out to ya to fixxer up for Metal Dave fer nada. Not sure what exactly is wrong with it, I can get a signal but it kinda goes in & out.

Yeah, baby, send it. I'm in a good mood. I just resurrected an HD-130 from totally dead to 100% functional.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 22, 2012, 08:29:50 PM

Yeah, baby, send it. I'm in a good mood. I just resurrected an HD-130 from totally dead to 100% functional.
Finally fixed it? What was the deal?

grimniggzy

gotta get a box. i'll get on it soon.

The Shocker

Yeah, baby, send it. I'm in a good mood.

I did not need to hear that...   ;)

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 22, 2012, 08:44:22 PM

Finally fixed it? What was the deal?

Sold that one, this one needed caps and tubes, and some jacks replaced.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

I just resurrected an HD-130 from totally dead to 100% functional.
I like those. Heavily favoring for future purchase.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Discö Rice on April 23, 2012, 11:29:37 AM
I just resurrected an HD-130 from totally dead to 100% functional.
I like those. Heavily favoring for future purchase.

Be very scared, they have one of the highest plate voltages I've seen in a commercial tube amp ;)

Sunn0))) I'm bummed you never solved that other one :(

VOLVO)))

Wait wait, the Sixty-five? I do have an update on it! So, I hooked it up to my high handling 2x15, and dimed it out, every knob effects the oscillation. Bass knob changes freq, deep switch makes it oscillate funny, everything does something. Nothing stops it, though. It's definitely a bad cap, but there's roughly 31 not including the filter caps. I have no scope, or else I could find the cocksucker, and replace it no problem. I may just have to break down and get one.

Gabe, they're no biggie. I've never heard one fully up to snuff, and this one... well, it was. It's a fucking beast. Fat, round, warm, and loud as fuck, even outta a 2x12.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

Are they typically problematic?

VOLVO)))

Not really, if kept in decent nick.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 23, 2012, 11:54:23 AM
Wait wait, the Sixty-five? I do have an update on it! So, I hooked it up to my high handling 2x15, and dimed it out, every knob effects the oscillation. Bass knob changes freq, deep switch makes it oscillate funny, everything does something. Nothing stops it, though. It's definitely a bad cap, but there's roughly 31 not including the filter caps. I have no scope, or else I could find the cocksucker, and replace it no problem. I may just have to break down and get one.
I saw a really simple CRT to oscope mod, they didn't even bother with a variable timebase, just kept the sweep speed of the TV as the timebase, that and a homemade probe might be all you need, it's not like you need calibrated measurements, just indicators, couple of hours work tops. Also:

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/ele/2960631884.html $100
http://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/2902017516.html $50