Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltar

^^^ Good Fucking God!!! Tasty fucking tone, Vindaloo Indian food tone. I'll be damned if there's not some new pedal company popping up every week.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

dunwichamps

Quote from: xayk on May 17, 2012, 10:10:42 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on May 17, 2012, 09:49:37 PM

Well that's just a bundle of tremendous.  I see the legendary Tad Doyle also supports the OKW endeavor, which is superlatively badass.

yea its a vicious 1 knobber, that pedal is a partial payment for the amp in the video. Darren the guy who makes the pedal is getting the amp.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Hand-Analog/197565837024645

bitter

Más fuzz!!! I love the singing lead tones from that OKW.

I also like the undone britches and pocket  ;).  Very funny. With tone like that, I'd prolly need a little extra breathing room too.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

dunwichamps

yea thats how i have to roll, unkempt bastard.

the diddler

got one of the new supercolliders, pretty badass.  still need to get my first version SC back from my bud to do some a/b'ing

tombhex

Quote from: Baltar on May 17, 2012, 09:24:00 PM
Not exactly "new" but definitely fixed and back in business.  One million thanks to Hemi!!!!!!! Always free haggis dinner waiting for you north of Toronto!!

is that a stripped-down Rust Ride up there in the blue, with some fender blender knobs?
i had one of those and it was wonderful, but i traded it away for a reverb. probably shouldn't have, as i'm realizing i'm a shit guitarist and should probably concentrate on keeping all my eggs in my bass basket for a while...

MichaelZodiac

Quote from: the diddler on May 18, 2012, 05:09:36 AM

got one of the new supercolliders, pretty badass.  still need to get my first version SC back from my bud to do some a/b'ing
Let me know how it sounds, I can't imagine a Supercollider with MORE gain and MORE volume. I barely turn the volume knob beyond 12 o' clock as it is right now.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

VOLVO)))

I didnt like the supercollider when Mike sent it to me. I think it may be because I just got my pharaoh.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 18, 2012, 06:42:16 PM
I didnt like the supercollider when Mike sent it to me. I think it may be because I just got my pharaoh.

I have a long love/hate relationship with mine. I always figure it may work for bass should I ever replace my broke down bass rig.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

MichaelZodiac

I'm only using mine for bass and loving every bit of it. Took a while to dial in the right settings but it can sound pretty beastly if you ask me, I use it full volume on the bridge pickup for extra mids/highs while the volume is almost turned off on the neck pickup for a nice boost. The versatility of my T-40 helps.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

the diddler

Yeah, it's really good for bass, sometimes it's the right thing for the guitar sound I'm after- apparently i have no control over that though.  guess my ears and or my gear are just subject to change on a daily basis- hence the need for several amps guitars pedals........... 

VOLVO)))

You made me itch for a Soldano. Want one, bad.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

the diddler

it's weird, there's been a lot more dudes around here playing soldano stuff lately. 

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 18, 2012, 09:23:32 PM
What you got that you can convert? Go pick yourself up a stealth and gut it.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Hemisaurus on May 18, 2012, 09:54:42 PM

I wish I had the time any money to build my own amp.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 19, 2012, 01:21:03 AM
Time, is your problem. Money, you save, depending on how OTT you go with components, 60-80%, doing a gut vs. starting from scratch.

Actually, maybe getting a pre assembled board from Ceriatone would cure your time issue, then it's more like a re-assembly than a complete build?

Baltar

Quote from: tombhex on May 18, 2012, 08:37:49 AM
Quote from: Baltar on May 17, 2012, 09:24:00 PM
Not exactly "new" but definitely fixed and back in business.  One million thanks to Hemi!!!!!!! Always free haggis dinner waiting for you north of Toronto!!

is that a stripped-down Rust Ride up there in the blue, with some fender blender knobs?
i had one of those and it was wonderful, but i traded it away for a reverb. probably shouldn't have, as i'm realizing i'm a shit guitarist and should probably concentrate on keeping all my eggs in my bass basket for a while...

No bro, it's a hopped-up Marshall Supafuzz/MKII clone.  I added a batt kill switch, then an LED for the kill switch then a bias knob and broke off Q2 at the socket.  So it's not working right now.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Hemisaurus on May 19, 2012, 05:30:18 AM
Time, is your problem. Money, you save, depending on how OTT you go with components, 60-80%, doing a gut vs. starting from scratch.

Actually, maybe getting a pre assembled board from Ceriatone would cure your time issue, then it's more like a re-assembly than a complete build?

I'd want to do it myself, if I did it.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 19, 2012, 11:19:04 AM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on May 19, 2012, 05:30:18 AM

I'd want to do it myself, if I did it.
prepare to shell out the cash

ryansummit

picking up a randall commander rg-90a 4x10combo next weekend
i know i didnt run it by you guys but my exitement trumps all opinions in this case
ive been playing through a 120w 1x12 randall at practice and cant even turn it past 4
so im takin a shot in the dark and it looks so fuckin badass too
i think its 200w ss and cheap
gimme the skinny, but dont burst my bubble too bad, but i got a week to change my mind

VOLVO)))

Quote from: ryansummit on May 19, 2012, 11:47:35 AM
picking up a randall commander rg-90a 4x10combo next weekend
i know i didnt run it by you guys but my exitement trumps all opinions in this case
ive been playing through a 120w 1x12 randall at practice and cant even turn it past 4
so im takin a shot in the dark and it looks so fuckin badass too
i think its 200w ss and cheap
gimme the skinny, but dont burst my bubble too bad, but i got a week to change my mind

They sound alright, and have some decent fuzz in 'em.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

ryansummit

yeah the 120w i was usin fuzzes nice w/out pedal
oh shit also im usin a behringer ultra shifter/harmonizer
my new favorite toy
im gonna start a thread about pitchshifting/detuning if you guys dont mind
have some questions

Hemisaurus

The green one? Does Whammy style stuff? Got one of 'em myself, great fun ;)

ryansummit

yeah the detune up sounds like spooky choir/organ shit
like kids singin in background
is that a clone of somethin else
im thinkin of puttin it in a metal box cause the wham is too fun
and im not that light in the loafers

Hemisaurus

The Boss PS-2 or 3 I think.

Rebox might be tricky, as i think most of the knobs are rotary switches, not pots, but I haven't had it open so I could be totally wrong. If you do rebox it, you could add a permanent expression pedal too, still haven't played with that bit yet.