Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidsmoke

Quote from: bitter on May 24, 2012, 11:19:40 PM
Ohhh, I thought an op-amp was what happened when a tech legally change an amp over from tube to solid state  :-[

I guess that's a post-op-amp  ;D

lol

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: liquidsmoke on May 24, 2012, 12:05:41 AM
I just REALLY need that EW tone and can't get it no way no how after further tweaking the Behr.

If he is using a Sound City 120 mk4 then no other amps are going to do that thing, because they have a unique and far from other amps preamp, its 3 band active eq, so a valve gain stage for each frequency band. Plus it sounds like he has an ECC83 in the PI slot instead of the ECC81 it should have. Not unlikely to have been tinkered with inside in other ways too.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on May 25, 2012, 08:34:08 AM
Quote from: liquidsmoke on May 24, 2012, 12:05:41 AM
I just REALLY need that EW tone and can't get it no way no how after further tweaking the Behr.

If he is using a Sound City 120 mk4 then no other amps are going to do that thing, because they have a unique and far from other amps preamp, its 3 band active eq, so a valve gain stage for each frequency band. Plus it sounds like he has an ECC83 in the PI slot instead of the ECC81 it should have. Not unlikely to have been tinkered with inside in other ways too.

Ah, good to know.
You left out the "if" in my post by the way.

Yankeegrey

Just purchased a MesaBoogie Royal Atlantic 100  it sounds amazing...works for all types of music....

I,Galactus

Quote from: Yankeegrey on May 25, 2012, 01:48:20 PM
Just purchased a MesaBoogie Royal Atlantic 100  it sounds amazing...works for all types of music....

Appluaded for NuBoogie love.  Post some clips if you can.  I'd love to hear some riffs out of that thing that aren't LoG and/or Petrucci worship.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

mutantcolors

I'm so calling my next band Log Worship.

clockwork green

New pedal day...Toneczar Vault fuzz. I've never heard low-end thump like this in a fuzz even in the octave up mode but especially in the middle mode. Tons of gain and really versatile tone shaping from swampy thick to crisp bite. The wait and price kinda suck because I like to buy two of the pedals I really like. My other pedals sound tiny and anemic by comparison but I'm still in honeymoon mode.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

yesca

recently got a mxr carbon copy and just got the boss rv3 in today!

clockwork green

The carbon copy is great...I used to have two of them but I ended up liking the Malekko 616 a bit more for its crazy modulation. It's awesome that there are some really great low budget alternatives for analog delays today.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Mr. Foxen

Listed as
QuoteI had this amplifier professionally re-conditioned a few years ago and it has hardly been used since
It was re-wired and all new valves and components fitted and works very well as a result

Actually its a bodge mess inside with random valves and chained resistors.

ryansummit

teiscos a couple months old
pedals last week big muff w/tonewicker(64.99used, bitchin)
danecho($29 and it works ,needs paint job)
volume pedal(just says volume on it, made in italy, loaner)
RRRRRAAANNDDaaaaaall FFuuuuckkkin commmander iv RG120-410
what in the lords name in vain do yo think i think about this
the only prob is my beds not big enough for me,gf,chihuahua, and 200 watts of asspump
(yeah im in male on male love with the commander,i salute whenever i look over at it)
its not gonna be here long, show at space this weekend , didnt want any sierra nevada mist
or american spirit ash on there.
drove 6 hrs each way into new hampshire to buy it from a 15yr old kid for $120
(his mom was there)
all of this done under $500, even though you dudes prob think its rookie entry level shit
dont care
thanks for all your help and support im writing one last post in the  my gear sucks thread and you can close it if you want
oh fuck heres the picture
sorry

sheikyerbouti

i´m looking for a new guitar since my kasuga lp is busted.i would have to order it online though because there are no guitar stores in my area.
my budget is around 1000 dollars. i would get a gibson sg special 60´s tribute but i don´t want to be a victim of the infamous gibson quality control.i could get a 1980 yamaha sg 300 with a case for 790 euros (almost 1000 dollars) but i don´t know if i should jump on it ???
i´m basically looking for a double cut solidbody mahogany guitar, preferably with p90´s , good sustain and tuning stability.
any advice on trustworthy brands/models (available in europe ;) ) would be appreciated.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: ryansummit on May 28, 2012, 04:31:19 AM
teiscos a couple months old
pedals last week big muff w/tonewicker(64.99used, bitchin)
danecho($29 and it works ,needs paint job)
volume pedal(just says volume on it, made in italy, loaner)
RRRRRAAANNDDaaaaaall FFuuuuckkkin commmander iv RG120-410
what in the lords name in vain do yo think i think about this
the only prob is my beds not big enough for me,gf,chihuahua, and 200 watts of asspump
(yeah im in male on male love with the commander,i salute whenever i look over at it)
its not gonna be here long, show at space this weekend , didnt want any sierra nevada mist
or american spirit ash on there.
drove 6 hrs each way into new hampshire to buy it from a 15yr old kid for $120
(his mom was there)
all of this done under $500, even though you dudes prob think its rookie entry level shit
dont care
thanks for all your help and support im writing one last post in the  my gear sucks thread and you can close it if you want
oh fuck heres the picture
sorry

No man, I applaud you. Too many people think you need the $200 fuzz box, the $800 amp the $500 cab and the $600 guitar to rock out. Put those guys to shame, rock out your $500 setup and be proud of it.

Does that Randall have a speaker out? I'd look for a $50-75 4x12 for a full stack next  ;D

$70 Univox

dunwichamps

multiply those numbers by 2 hemi. Come on now atleast get into my price range ya knowwwwww hahahha

ryansummit

i havent dug into it yet
not much info
there is def an out
ill take some pics of all the outs/ins blah blah
and you guys can give me the skinny
says
external speaker 8ohms
class 2 wiring may be used
output 120 watts rms 4(greek symbol i guess ohms)
it is an rg120 head though
there is NO and i mean NO humbuzzclickscratchwhine nothin
cranked it to 10 with just patch plugged in,very low sweet hum
i dont know if that means anything
pots are silent
its practically brand new
reverb tankworks nice
trems kinda cool
seems like other people try to figure out what footswitch does to no avail
ill tame this beast
and i do have another cab i can plug into at space
i cant move a degree on master v without lookin for lights and sirens out my window
ill get it to the space, krank the fuck,maybe take some vid
HI DADDY,ARE YOU PROUD OF ME?!?!?!?

The Shocker

Posting this while Sunn Jake is at MDF so I don't have to hear him cuss me out about buying a new Gibson:

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

ryansummit

that lp makes me feel like ice cold colt 45s during miniskirt season
'yeah i can dig that'
who cares how  much that set you back
it exists

VOLVO)))

Dude, what the fuck? Those tuners better not be fucked up, hope that's just camera angle. if not, the only requirement to work in Gibson's QC department is blindness and the ability to drink tequila at work.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 28, 2012, 05:21:44 PM
Dude, what the fuck? Those tuners better not be fucked up, hope that's just camera angle. if not, the only requirement to work in Gibson's QC department is blindness and the ability to drink tequila at work.

Thought it would be Jack Daniels, since the sawdust runs their furnaces.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 28, 2012, 05:21:44 PM

Must be the angle.  Nothing much wrong with it that I can tell.  I'm sure that you'll tell me what you find wrong with it.  ;)

It smells like heaven. 

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 28, 2012, 06:50:22 PM
Im not touchin' it.

You are going to make me beg aren't you.  

VOLVO)))

Nope. You said there's nothing wrong with it. I don't fix things that aren't broken.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.