Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunwichamps

Reeves era Hiwatts, the pinnacle of lead dress

Mr. Foxen

My not interested in amps housemates have been staring at it a bit, I think the quality is to a point that they 'get it'.

clockwork green

Quote from: dunwichamps on June 09, 2012, 07:22:18 PM
Reeves era Hiwatts, the pinnacle of lead dress
Yeah, anything Harry Joyce. I wish I would have gotten one his own branded amps while he was still alive.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Excellent demos.  Got Liz on your mind? 

bitter

That little mosfet overdrive sounds great. Nice balance between note clarity and that heavy, swampy tone with lower tunings.

I also like the new format. I prefer when people play and talk throughout. It's more like a dialogue that way and adds insight. Keep it up!

Quick question: is your youtube channel meant to be a stand alone deal that just happens to be useful around here or if it was designed specifically for forum use? Either way, it's proving to be a good resource.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

I know when I'm looking to buy pedals and shit, some dickwad playing wanky blues riffs isn't going to sell me a pedal. I know there are other doom/sludge/post-rock etc dudes out there wanting to hear what shit sounds like downtuned and played the way they're going to... So, I kinda do that. I tried to cover all of the classics that I own, FZ-2, HM-2 etc, and I typically buy shit... more recently, people have been sending me shit (dean) to do demos of. There's a buncha shit on that channel, and a buncha useless shit. I may dump most of the garbage, and just do it the proper way. Either way, It's pretty fun to do.

The blackstone and the T are made for one another, I'm so amazed. Of course, It's definitely a set and forget deal, since you can't knobchange on the fly, since they require a penny or a finger nail. It's two channels, and it sounds fucking AWESOME. The cleaner side has enough volume boost, and gives it just enough gain to have a little crunch. The red side has two different gain voicings, one is darker... Of course, since It's what I do, Volumes are both maxed, gain on the red is maxed, and the brown side is about 11oclock for "cleans."

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Can I request that demo my Telestar before you send it back?

Please?

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

Hiwatt up and running already, nothing wrong  with it at all, except dust and someone robbing the valves.

Mr. Foxen

VOLVO)))

No shit, Oli? Does it sound divine?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

taylo)))r

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on June 11, 2012, 06:09:50 PM

woah, weird. how does it sound? I love my or120. Never seen a pa120 before though.
(insert interesting quote)

clockwork green

I always wanted our singer to get a Orange or Sound City PA head and a full stack of cabs so he could have his own stack on stage....I figured that would have been pretty cool but singers don't think they should spend more than $100 on a mic towards gear..

clockwork green

Not mine but I saw it on the gear page...it's a Binsin Echorec reissue made of NOS and new parts. No word on cost.

Submarine

That is the Pink Floyd sound.  Wow, I've never seen one in such good condition.  However I just got my Strymon Timeline delivered the other day its spectacular.  Its a lot to learn but since I hate having lots of pedals in the live rig I finally have the one box that can do it all with stellar sound specs.

rayinreverse

Quote from: Submarine on June 11, 2012, 10:05:46 PM
That is the Pink Floyd sound.  Wow, I've never seen one in such good condition.  However I just got my Strymon Timeline delivered the other day its spectacular.  Its a lot to learn but since I hate having lots of pedals in the live rig I finally have the one box that can do it all with stellar sound specs.

god damn I want one of those so bad.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

That Echorec isn't just in good shape, it's new. They're being remade apparently.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

the diddler

Goddamn it Jake- could I possibly need TWO Soldanos?  Your buddy up for any trades or cash only?

VOLVO)))

He wants 1100, but since I'm the boss, I can get it for a grand, that way the shipping gets eaten up. It's like BRAND FUCKING NEW. No shit, he was in some math rock bands, and the first time it has EVER been cranked, you witnessed it when I dimed it out.

It goes to... ELEVEN. No scratches no dents, nothin'... I have someone on the hook for it currently, but I have a feeling he may back out because he's finncky. I'd keep it if I had a grand... Unfortunately, I don't. If you want it, you can send me a beta lead as a consolation prize, and to save you some room... :D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hisheroisjon

Just scored one of these off ebay for a little over 40 bucks

The one I picked up just needs the logo repainted, which shouldn't be difficult.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: the diddler on June 12, 2012, 10:56:15 AM
Goddamn it Jake- could I possibly need TWO Soldanos?  Your buddy up for any trades or cash only?

My other buddy backed on out the deal, PRIME TIME FOR BUYIN' MIKE! :D

I just wanna keep it in the family, somehow.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Yankeegrey

Just got a JC95 Cry Baby sounds great real dark sounding ....was looking at the vision wah ...but 600$ for a wah ..ouch...it would have to change my strings for me at that price....