Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylo)))r

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 12, 2012, 03:33:49 PM

Seriously, if you jerks like fuzz... get a Ritual. Shit is aggressive enough for most heavy musics. Palm mutes well, doesnt handle triplets too well, it's just so gnarly and fat. It'll be going down the right channel on my dbeat recording project thing. hm-2 going left, and the caitlinbread SCOD Dean sent me going center. Probably use the Ritual on the bass, too.

dead didn't like the SCOD eh? well, I like the pharaoh he traded me for it.
(insert interesting quote)

VOLVO)))

He sent it to me to acid etch! I love it...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Yeah I played it once to make sure it worked then I sent it to Jake to practice his etching on it. He wound up loving it so I traded it to him for future work. Hey Jake, have you etched it yet?

VOLVO)))

Trying to figure out some proper artwork. Thinking about getting girly to draw something for me.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

the couple that does art together...

taylo)))r

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 17, 2012, 05:07:09 PM

it's a great pedal...it just didn't really work all that well with the or120. it was just too much. i'm super pleased with the pharaoh. it's in my top 5 pedals ever at the moment. if it broke, i'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: taylo)))r on July 18, 2012, 01:09:51 PM

it's a great pedal...it just didn't really work all that well with the or120. it was just too much. i'm super pleased with the pharaoh. it's in my top 5 pedals ever at the moment. if it broke, i'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

I'm using it in front of a second gen. Model T. Volume dimed gain and 9oclock. Gets me crust punk, thrash, old school DM territory, sounds awesome, if I crank the gain I get into newer death metal-area. All with a Guild S100..

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 18, 2012, 01:32:05 PM

I'm using it in front of a second gen. Model T. Volume dimed gain and 9oclock. Gets me crust punk, thrash, old school DM territory, sounds awesome, if I crank the gain I get into newer death metal-area. All with a Guild S100..
Not that shocking. Guild fucking rules.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

The Shocker

Yeah, I still have a Pharaoh (as part of my Coven).    

taylo)))r

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 18, 2012, 01:32:05 PM

it sounds gnarly in front of a model T. the or120 is just so dark, and already pretty high gain when cranked, that it was only good when I wanted a super, super heavy/noisy party, which isn't too often.

throw up pics after you etch it.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Dude, I'm on vacation.

927-939 W Beach Blvd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, USA

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Nah. Beach ain't my thing. Raining a lot too & gulf shores is trashy. A few hot sluts to look at though.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Stop trying to lure him to your side of the state, Jake.
Livin' The Life.

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

The Shocker

More like redneck version of Jersey Shore.

Pissed from my iPad using Tapatalk.

VOLVO)))

The Bit is rusting, I didn't think about that! Looks like I'll have to clean it up, and clear it. No biggie, glad to know that's what will happen, though!

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Pissy

I Received a Stewart World 1.6 today for my Harmony H303a as a pre-amp to raw amplification project.

Up to 1400W at 4ohms, honestly it is more power than I can justify, or use to its full potential considering the current draw when bridged. Looking forward to finding out if they live up to their reputation.

$275 shipped.

The vision. Everything here but the cab I got within the past two weeks. For a total of $325.
Vinyls.   deal.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 19, 2012, 06:55:41 PM
The Bit is rusting, I didn't think about that! Looks like I'll have to clean it up, and clear it. No biggie, glad to know that's what will happen, though!

Interesting.  Good you've kept it a while.

Danny G

Recently scored a Marshall Lead 12, made in 1986. Been needing a home practice amp that I wouldn't also mind using for low volume gigs like one of my current projects.

Very pleased so far! It's like the mini-me of my jcm800. Already looked up mods for it, heh.

Got the store to let it go for $50 less than asking price cause I also bought 2 sets of bass strings. Haggling is awesome.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

justinhedrick

got a peavey classic 20 from a buddy on permanent loan. I played it about 10 minutes yesterday and it seems awesome. I can't wait to crank it through my 2x15.

VOLVO)))

I need me a valve Jr... little tube amp fever.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

moose23

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 23, 2012, 10:39:36 AM
I need me a valve Jr... little tube amp fever.

Dunno if there's somethi9ng similar state side but we can get the Harley Benton versions in Europe for much cheaper than the Epiphone, sounds great through my open back 1x12.