Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimniggzy

Sadly those aren't my cabs. We shared gear with our boys from Occult 45. The dude Dean uses a RI Model T but I decided to lug the Beta's.
http://occult45.bandcamp.com/album/grind-the-lightning

I used both Beta's for guitar or bass all the time. I've used a 370, Coliseum Bass & plugged straight into the power amp of a Concert Bass for bass & guitar as well. I like the Beta Bass for guitar too but the Beta Lead rules all.

grimniggzy

Also just ponied up the $$$ for my brother to get a drumset. Drove up to Doylestown to go get it.

VOLVO)))

That's a kit. Love those things.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

sounds awesome, the guy didn't know the brand. he figures its an import from the 60's-70's that's had a re-wrap. really deep sounding, my brother is a huge metal dude with hair down to his ass, he's gonna sound like the god of thunder.

The Shocker

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Instant Dan

Mr. Foxen

clockwork green

I didn't mean to buy a bass today but I've been thinking about getting a P-Bass and I love old BC's especially with the "R" logo. It's a NJ but its made in Japan and has what appears to be a DiMarzio in there although it's upside down from a standard P. The bridge is nice and beefy and it looks like a bone nut. I'll have to work on it to fit bigger strings for a B tuning.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Instant Dan

Me like very much :P

In all seriousness, I like it. The  Rotovibe's phaser/chorus side was too subtle at times, also the internal trim pot really helps sculpt it, and they fixed the volume drop that the Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe suffered from.

For $50, this beats any Phase 90/Small Stone out there.

grimniggzy

zachoff

Bought an Ampeg Micro VR amp today.  $150!  No pic yet, but I'll post one soon.  Didn't get the matching 210, but I have my 215 that I'll use with it for now.

bbottom

Quote from: zachoff on August 21, 2012, 06:32:58 PM
Bought an Ampeg Micro VR amp today.  $150!  No pic yet, but I'll post one soon.  Didn't get the matching 210, but I have my 215 that I'll use with it for now.

I've played those things a few times and I've always been surprised at how good they sound. A buck fity is a hell of a deal

grimniggzy

yeah, i've heard good things about those micro's. good score.

zachoff

Yeah, I've only played one at low volume at GC.  It was good for that for sure... Now we'll see what it does when it's cranked.

moose23

Finally made the deal on the Sound City L100 Mark 3. Got it at next to nothing and it looks to be in better nick than I remembered. Still needs work though so gonna start with a good clean. new caps, a fourth power tube and take it from there.

I'm open to suggestions on pre amp mods too. Gonna try it first but kinda tempted to try a Ormat type pre in there instead so just go fully DR103 pre. Will mostly be used for bass btw.

AgentofOblivion

New Stonecutter, custom build with 2x12 cab.  A full review with sound whenever I get the chance (will be awhile).

dunwichamps

Quote from: AgentofOblivion on August 24, 2012, 11:40:24 AM
New Stonecutter, custom build with 2x12 cab.  A full review with sound whenever I get the chance (will be awhile).

some deets?

AgentofOblivion

Amp has 2 6L6s and is about 40 watts.  From right to left, master volume, tone, B/M/T, hi/lo gain switch, gain, and hi/lo gain inputs.  Back has bias points, negative feedback switch, impedance switch, and tube FX loop with on/off switch.  The cab has two WGS Retro 30s.

dunwichamps

Quote from: AgentofOblivion on August 24, 2012, 12:14:49 PM
Amp has 2 6L6s and is about 40 watts.  From right to left, master volume, tone, B/M/T, hi/lo gain switch, gain, and hi/lo gain inputs.  Back has bias points, negative feedback switch, impedance switch, and tube FX loop with on/off switch.  The cab has two WGS Retro 30s.

thanks.

Corey Y

Some new pickups for my Drake Custom bass, Nordstrand Dual Coils. Getting them in the EMG35 shape is usually a special order, but they had them in stock at bestbassgear. So I ordered them on Tuesday and they were here yesterday. Getting installed on Monday, can't wait to try them out.

ryansummit

that stonecutter looks badass
hey corey v i just listened to a few mental waste songs
thats shit is where its fuckin at
i saw my buddys band play a few weeks ago made me miss those punk/hardcore/crust shows back in the late 90s and all them tapes and 7"s that were flyin around back then
your shits fuckin killer

B.A.T. BADASCAN comin in
thinkin about gettin it etched
any ideas?

zachoff

Well, the Micro VR was a dud.  Does basically the same thing as this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkmJZalrqpc

Running mine at 4Ohms as well so maybe it just has problems there?  I don't have an 8Ohm cab to test with.  Anyway, getting sent another one.  Hopefully it works.