Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OR50

Quote from: zachoff on August 31, 2012, 05:45:29 PM
Round 2... It works and is rad!

Those are cool and sound great! Congrats!

The Shocker

Anybody tried a guitar with one of those Ampegs?

The Shocker

This one is going to Sunn Jake's for a little spa treatment.

The Shocker

Lumpy

That Vibra Fuzz looks cool... can you turn that on/off separately? I see two stomp switches.

What is the Maestro unit, and the black one with a dog tag? Don't t(e)ase me, bros.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Lumpy on September 01, 2012, 12:43:06 PMWhat is the Maestro unit, and the black one with a dog tag? Don't t(e)ase me, bros.

This.  Please don't just post pics; I need descriptors for my fappins to fully satisfying. :-*
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

The Shocker

Dog tag is a Recovery Effects Couple Skate.  Fuzz with low octave.  I actually got the demo unit that was sent out for reviews -

Maestro Rhythm and Sound:

And yes, the Vibrafuzz you can switch both effects on and off separately. 

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Baltar

Phase 90 - R28, C11 & C12 clipped. $50
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

VOLVO)))

Ive been slacking. I havent bought a single piece of gear this year.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

ryansummit

live vicariously through me
ive got  a buck fifty to blow at prymaxe

VOLVO)))

I am definitely living vicariously through all of you.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Cursed71

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 03, 2012, 02:27:45 PM
I am definitely living vicariously through all of you.
Isn't that what this thread is for?

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 03, 2012, 02:33:29 PM
I want a Klipp :(

Mmm, it sounds so girthy with P90s into it. Fancy one with a probably fucked power transformer (and no valves in) for half price? Kinda can't be fucked fixing it when I've been offered other nice toys. A new power tranny with better taps is probably a good plan for the US.

dunwichamps

the Klipps and Supergroups ran the fuckin tubes hard, the schematic shows screen voltages of 560V which is way overspec for EL34s, which are rated fro 450V screens so they probably are quite hard on modern EL34s.

Mr. Foxen

I've been using Shuguang EL34b: http://analogmetric.com/download/Shuguang%20Beijing%20Vacuum%20Tube%20Datasheet%20Analog%20Metric%20Limited.pdf

Dude I know has been using them in a Supergroup as his main amp for couple of years now, with a good record. They munch JJs though.

dunwichamps

i see they list em as 500V, I have used El34s from 450-500V on the screens without to much trouble. I do include 1 to 1.5k screen resistors along with a 500R dropper right before the choke to soften the screens up a bit so they dont take as much beating.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 03, 2012, 01:34:51 PM
Ive been slacking. I havent bought a single piece of gear this year.

Not the same as not getting any gear though...

grimniggzy

Quote from: The Shocker on August 31, 2012, 10:58:31 PM

pretty sure zachoff said he got one & liked it

tombhex

Quote from: The Shocker on September 01, 2012, 02:57:55 PM
Dog tag is a Recovery Effects Couple Skate.  Fuzz with low octave.  I actually got the demo unit that was sent out for reviews -

dude, that thing sounds INCREDIBLE. that's probably the most unique sound i've heard in a long time. i was captivated by how much more interesting and vivid it got throughout the video, i'm absolutely cheesing over the circuit glitch effect. that's exactly the sort of character that i expect in a boutique pedal. genuine envy.

zachoff

Quote from: grimniggzy on September 04, 2012, 03:02:13 PM
Quote from: The Shocker on August 31, 2012, 10:58:31 PM

pretty sure zachoff said he got one & liked it

My guitar and signal chain for guitar are crap though so I hesitate to say whether or not guitar sounds good through that head.  Plus I don't have a proper guitar cabinet either.

I love the way it sounds for bass though... Both through my 2x15 and my 8x10.  Definitely a cool little amp that's fairly loud, sounds good, and isn't a lot of money.

Baltar

Bias pot added by Liam!!!! Go raibh maith agat!!!
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

The Shocker

Quote from: tombhex on September 04, 2012, 03:17:08 PM
Quote from: The Shocker on September 01, 2012, 02:57:55 PM
Dog tag is a Recovery Effects Couple Skate.  Fuzz with low octave.  I actually got the demo unit that was sent out for reviews -

dude, that thing sounds INCREDIBLE. that's probably the most unique sound i've heard in a long time. i was captivated by how much more interesting and vivid it got throughout the video, i'm absolutely cheesing over the circuit glitch effect. that's exactly the sort of character that i expect in a boutique pedal. genuine envy.

I'll open it up and post a gut shot of it.  Not a lot to it inside.
You like Devi Ever's stuff?  She has some crazy sounding fuzzes.

The Shocker