Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

I needed one of these especially.

OR50

Quote from: OR50 on September 05, 2012, 05:25:23 PM
Just picked up the SUNN model T today!!!!!

And this should be here by the end of the week (hopefully)

The only other amp I am looking for is Green Matamp GT120. When I get that I will be official done buying amps  ;)

Just picked up this clean SUNN Concert Lead with original footswitch!

zachoff

Probably picking this bad boy up today.  Always wanted a T-Bird, but have also always heard mixed reviews.  I guess I'll get the T-Bird lite & see what happens.  Might replace the pups w/ Mike Lulls if I like how it plays.

http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/3285139503.html

Rad... Mine.

Jake

Nice! I saw that one on Denver CL. Good score. How's she sound?
poop.

zachoff

Good through the little combo the dude had.  I'll plug it into my big rig tonight & feel the thunder!  Thinking if this becomes a gig bass I'll strip out the pre and get some passive replacement pups... or install a passive/active push pull or something.  I'm not a huge fan of active basses.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

Found in a drawer in my buddy's shop
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

zachoff

Quote from: RacerX on September 27, 2012, 04:39:14 PM
Maybe these would light that bad boy up...

http://www.lollarguitars.com/blog/2009/06/thunderbird-style-bass-pickup-now-at-lollar/

Yeah, saw those and the Mike Lull pickups too.  Thinking the 3-hole Norstrands might also fit but I need to see if I'm going to really like it before I go buying a bunch of stuff for it.  I love it now, but the love could wane and I'd be back to my G&L.  Need to make sure that doesn't happen.

RacerX

Yeah, if you're not sure she's a keeper yet, better to hold off on mods.
Livin' The Life.

Instant Dan

Blackout Effectors Mantra Overdrive

I wish I would have picked this up sooner.

I think my OD GAS is gone.

bbottom

About a year or so ago I was on a Thunderbird kick. I tried out the Epi's and didn't really care for them. I even tried out a Gibson and just couldn't dig it either.

the neck on the Gibson felt a lot better than the one on the Epi, but their was still something just kind of weird about it and I couldn't really put my finger on what it was.

I still think that they are really cool looking, but I guess they're just not for me.

zachoff

Nah, I get what you mean.  I felt the same way about my RD a while back.  Loved the mojo, but the tone and playability didn't do it for me at all.  Waiting to see if the same thing happens w/ the T-Bird.  I do like how this plays way more than my RD... Real nice neck & body is comfy sitting down.  I haven't played it standing up because all of my straps have straplocks on them & this bass doesn't yet.  We'll see.  Big tone though.  Here's a little tone comparo though just for fun.

T-bird vol up, hi & lo up, balanced blend
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/zachoff/epi-t-bird-pro-sample[/soundcloud]

G&L L2K Tribute passive middle, all knobs full, series
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/zachoff/g-l-l2000-tribute[/soundcloud]

fuzzfarmer

Quote from: Instant Dan on September 27, 2012, 09:38:38 PM

How is this with lower tunings?    Does it get flubby?

eyeprod

nice Tbird. I've got an epi one, and it's a great instrument. Mount the front of the strap at the neck plate, use a quality strap and you're good on the neck dive.
CV - Slender Fungus

zachoff

Thanks, man... Need to see how it feels w/ a strap, but I'm sure it's not as divey as my EB-3 was.  That one was unbearable.  It's a neck through though.  It's the first I've ever owned and I have to say I dig it.  Not super noticeable in the playability but I seem to feel the notes better.  Could just be my head doing things but man... I've been playing this thing a lot lately.  Totally dig it.

Instant Dan

Quote from: fuzzfarmer on September 28, 2012, 10:49:57 PM
Quote from: Instant Dan on September 27, 2012, 09:38:38 PM

How is this with lower tunings?    Does it get flubby?

It sounds great with lower tuning. This pedal is high-gain compared to most OD's and becomese more of a distortion pedal after two-three o' clock on the gain knob so you do not get a noticable 'sag' or 'flub' thanks to the EQ.

Corey Y

Used, but in mint condition, SBMM Ray34CA. Previous owner put the black pickguard on it, which I think looks cool as hell.

Only had a chance to play it briefly through one of my amps and a little while direct into my interface at home, but I'm loving it so far.

lordfinesse

^very nice.

So for my birthday last weekend, my wife got me a new delay pedal.. The supremely awesome Analogman Ardx20.  It is my new flux capacitor.

Billy Squier 24/7

zachoff

Rad, Corey... Love black & maple.

Sam Hain

Quote from: Corey Y on October 01, 2012, 09:06:25 PM
Used, but in mint condition, SBMM Ray34CA. Previous owner put the black pickguard on it, which I think looks cool as hell.

Only had a chance to play it briefly through one of my amps and a little while direct into my interface at home, but I'm loving it so far.
Those Ray34...and all the other SBMM are unbelieveable basses. They have a nice cut to their tone. Nice nice bass Corey.

Corey Y

Thanks guys, I'm really happy about the deal I got on it. One of the best "budget" basses I've ever played.

Pissy

Corey, my go to is one just like that , though it's an original 6 bolt neck EBMM Stngray, with the mute bridge. I got it from Jon Vesano of Nile fame well before he was in Nile. My shit had gotten stolen and he had this lying around and was kind enough to let me borrow it.

Then a month or do later he inquired rather bluntly that I should buy it.

This guy:

Been playing it now for close to 20 years, dropped it in concrete, hit shit with it nothing seems to affect it. It's truly one of the most reliable pieces of equipment I can imagine.  And it's the best sounding bass I've ever played. Ever. I'll never sell it.

Quote from: bbottom on September 27, 2012, 10:41:10 PM
About a year or so ago I was on a Thunderbird kick. I tried out the Epi's and didn't really care for them. I even tried out a Gibson and just couldn't dig it either.

the neck on the Gibson felt a lot better than the one on the Epi, but their was still something just kind of weird about it and I couldn't really put my finger on what it was.

I still think that they are really cool looking, but I guess they're just not for me.

Isn't going through an experience like this a total let down?

I've had similar experiences with Rick's,  Les Pauls, strats and just about every other "legendary" configuration. I guess my preference is pretty narrow.
Vinyls.   deal.