Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Quote from: Pissy on October 05, 2012, 07:15:21 AM
probably a different band if it was from the 80's.   This was pretty short from about 94 to 96, then Dark Moon, then Nile.  Prior to that was the Ohio Dismal days  I think.  I think got the bass in 96 sometime.

Lordfinesse posted it in the show yer guitars thread.

Founded in 1992, according to metal wikipedia. I probably read about them in The Goblin Cleaver. :)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

fallen

Quote from: The Shocker on October 10, 2012, 09:48:52 AM
Have you fooled with the editor software?

No not yet. Been having too much fun with a couple of the stock settings. I've downloaded the software and that's about it. I should probably run it and try to see if there is some different cab models.

Tonight I just came home and plugged my phone into the aux input and played 4 or 5 tunes, it's sweet for that. Dial in a sound and plug in a laptop with the guitarbackingtrack.com website and play some Dio or old Ozzy tunes. Super fun.

EDIT: Fired it up and in the editor you can change the cabinet type which changes the sound a lot. Plus you can turn on compression and some effects which aren't available with the knobs. There is also a noise gate that isn't normally on with the stock presets.

bass sic

Hmmm, I am very intrigued. Deaner why don't you get one so I can haz it in a couple weeks?

Pundan

I found a really cheap black Orange PPC412 loaded with Celestion Vintage 30's. As you can see the cloth is damaged, but that doesn't seem to impact the sound.
Was 4000 SEK ($595, they usually go for $1200 new in Sweden - this one's two years old and other than the damaged cloth there's no wear or tear).

The Shocker

Quote from: bass sic on October 10, 2012, 10:31:04 PM
Hmmm, I am very intrigued. Deaner why don't you get one so I can haz it in a couple weeks?

I'm thinking about it.  Want an Orange Micro Terror?

showdown

Just got a set of custom Zhangbucker pickups for my Firebird! YAY!

hayseed

Just picked up an '85 Marshall JCM800 2204 (horizontal inputs) with the dark green tolez and basket weave grill cloth and a 2005 Marshall 1960TV cabinet in near perfect shape! Rock n Roll tone for days.......
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Jake

Quote from: hayseed on October 14, 2012, 01:22:32 PM
Just picked up an '85 Marshall JCM800 2204 (horizontal inputs) with the dark green tolez and basket weave grill cloth and a 2005 Marshall 1960TV cabinet in near perfect shape! Rock n Roll tone for days.......

2204 is the 50 watt model, ya? If so, I had that exact amp and regret the hell out of selling it. Mine sounded so good, but lost it in a purge. Keep that thing!

Just popped in a Dimarzio DP209BK, which is their P90-sized Super Distortion. I love me some P90s, but this Firebird's bridge pup sounded muddy and anemic compared to my Juniors' 90s. Couldn't be happier with the new one. It's really like getting a whole new guitar for $62.96.

poop.

Sam Hain

Quote from: Jake on October 15, 2012, 04:58:14 PM
Quote from: hayseed on October 14, 2012, 01:22:32 PM

2204 is the 50 watt model, ya? If so, I had that exact amp and regret the hell out of selling it. Mine sounded so good, but lost it in a purge. Keep that thing!

Just popped in a Dimarzio DP209BK, which is their P90-sized Super Distortion. I love me some P90s, but this Firebird's bridge pup sounded muddy and anemic compared to my Juniors' 90s. Couldn't be happier with the new one. It's really like getting a whole new guitar for $62.96.

That thing looks badass! I didn't even know they had a P90 sized Super D's. I bet that would sound nice in the neck too.....But P90s at the neck sound nice too.

clockwork green

I wish I liked the sound of reverse firebird's as much as I like their looks. I came really close to buying a non-reverse a few years back but hesitated and ended up with something else. I also miss my 800. No amp room is complete without a nice Marshall head.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

bass sic

Are you saying a reverse sounds different than a non reverse? Or just that they look cooler than they sound? Just curious. I freakin love the look of the Tbird but don't care for the feel or the tone so much.

clockwork green

Those mini-humbuckers and the general neck through and weird banjo tuners of the reverse make it quite different. They're closer sounding to Tele's than Gibson's.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Ayek

Got me the cheapest new Squire P Bass I could find to use for standard tuning applications. Plays a hell of a lot better than I thought it would. Thought about upgrading stuff on it, but decided to wait and see if it's necessary or if I'd be upgrading for the sake of it.

The Shocker

Quote from: Ayek on October 16, 2012, 02:02:13 AM

Got me the cheapest new Squire P Bass I could find to use for standard tuning applications. Plays a hell of a lot better than I thought it would. Thought about upgrading stuff on it, but decided to wait and see if it's necessary or if I'd be upgrading for the sake of it.

Interesting, very interesting.

VOLVO)))

Almost bought an Orange OR15, today... until I played it.

Sounds like straight up high-gain ass.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

My take on the Orange Amps I've played:  Look better than they sound.

Mr. Foxen

da_qtip

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 16, 2012, 03:44:27 PM
Almost bought an Orange OR15, today... until I played it.

Sounds like straight up high-gain ass.

Damn, I was looking at those.

Instant Dan

I think the biggest dissappointment for me, Orange Amps wise, was the OR50H. I had such high hopes for that but sounded like a squished hi-gain mess.

The Shocker

With a name like this I had to get it:

I'm hoping to OD on awesomness tonight.

Andrew Blakk

Got myself (and the band mostly) Personus Studio One The producer program.
Awesome program and reaaly easy to use. Especially if you're a bit retarded as me. Just drag and drop basically! ????

Pre-production here we come!

bass sic

Ok Deaner, it's killing me. What didn't you like about that tweaker amp?

Jake

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on October 16, 2012, 04:08:38 PM

Love it. I thought you were in full shedding mode and not acquisition mode these days?

That being said, can I please have it? Pretty please?
poop.

The Shocker

Quote from: bass sic on October 18, 2012, 11:52:20 AM
Ok Deaner, it's killing me. What didn't you like about that tweaker amp?

I'm a hopeless gear junkie that is trying to fill an unfillable hole in me.  Nothing wrong with the amp's sound at all brother.  Sold it to buy something else.  At this point I don't even remember what.

bass sic

I think this little amp kicks ass. And even if I find a big boy amp this is still good to have laying around. I can't wait to figure out this recording software someday, and lay some tracks down with this thing.