Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: Jake on October 18, 2012, 12:14:23 PM
Love it. I thought you were in full shedding mode and not acquisition mode these days?

That being said, can I please have it? Pretty please?

Buying fixing and moving on amps is basically what pays for all the toys I do keep, so I'm always acquiring. Had to borrow money to grab this, but wasn't one I could pass on, its a pre Harry Joyce made in Dave Reeves' shed job, and it sounds great, but due to the borrowing money, can't really afford to keep it, but I am going to copy the pre for a rebuild of a gutted SC120. If anyone wants Hiwatt homages with SC120 iron and 6EL34 power sections let me know, might end up funding a run to be made by a mate of mine.

eoin_not_ian

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 16, 2012, 03:44:27 PM
Almost bought an Orange OR15, today... until I played it.

Sounds like straight up high-gain ass.

I had that experience with the OR15, TH30 combo, Tiny Terror and Dual Terror.

Hemisaurus

Peavey 412 TVX, 900W for visiting guitarists.

Jake

Your camera uses the same alien technology as the Predator.
poop.

Hemisaurus

Yeah, I even span it round so it faced the light, but it registered as a black blob, then I 'fixed' the colours and ended up with that. Shame the guy I bought it from already took the add down, his pics were better. I'll do better once it's installed.

bass sic

I bought some gear from Deaner and it must have been tainted with his gear whore disease. Because I can't stop now. Yesterday I was trying real hard to not buy a pharaoh, and just to ease my pain I instead bought a bad monkey OD. Pretty cheap. But then before it even shipped I went and bought a tube screamer808. Now today I've convinced myself that I really need that pharaoh, so I may be spending the last of my tire money.

The Shocker

The Riffer

Bass Sic, I got a bunch of minor blems for sale, 115.00 plus shipping. hit me if you want one.

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

bass sic

PM sent. I'm so fuckin weak. But this should make me a better player.

The Riffer

Without a doubt, it's a "talent in a box" pedal. :'(
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

MichaelZodiac

BAT Oath in the house. HOLY FUCK. I can't turn my Acoustic 220 past 1 without being ridiculously loud. Even my small Sunn/Fender combo amps volume is around 1-2. Only my Peavey PA-120 seems to have some more control over it with a master volume. The amount of volume is staggering and the sound is "dark dark dark brown". Pretty awesome. Thanks Mark!

[attachment deleted by admin]
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

The Riffer

Awesome. Glad you dig it. Oath is mucho cajones. As your amp volume gets higher, and the preamp is dirtier and already saturating/compressing, the Oath becomes more of a pusher and less of a volume boost.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

VOLVO)))

Want an Oath, proper.

Ok, so one of my pal's dad died, and left him a fuckton of misc musical equipment. At least a 15 passenger vanload worth of shit. He gave it all to me. So... pics and particulars to come in the next couple of days.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Subscribed.  Wait, nevermind.  I think I am already subscribed to this thread.  ;)

xayk

I picked up a b-stock Revelation. The six minutes I've been able to use it ruled. Looking forward to putting it through proper paces soon...

And never good to hear someone died, but I'm sure we'll (Dean'll) do our part to give the gear a good home.

James1214

riffer, still have any of the blem Pharaoh's? do want.... pm me some deets
words

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 23, 2012, 03:45:26 PM
Want an Oath, proper.

Ok, so one of my pal's dad died, and left him a fuckton of misc musical equipment. At least a 15 passenger vanload worth of shit. He gave it all to me. So... pics and particulars to come in the next couple of days.

yes, do tell when the time comes.

BrianDamage

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 23, 2012, 03:45:26 PM
Want an Oath, proper.

Cool. If there are any extra things (sg, les pauls, amps...) you don't want feel free to send them my way.  ;D
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

bass sic

Man I got a nasty sickness lately and the last thing I need to know about is a van load of gear. Put me down for two of anything.

VOLVO)))

Fuck y'all, Im not even sure what is in the house. Lots of speakers. Lots of tubes. Etc.

We'll find out, though.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Sounds like an interesting, yet unfortunate situation. At least it's going to a good home.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

The Riffer

Wow, I didn't realize I had so much love on this board...No wonder I like yous guys...Fuckin rad.

Jake(((O, let me know what you come up with, I'm looking for some stuff..Maybe we can help each other out.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

VOLVO)))

Quote from: The Riffer on October 23, 2012, 10:18:51 PM
Wow, I didn't realize I had so much love on this board...No wonder I like yous guys...Fuckin rad.

Jake(((O, let me know what you come up with, I'm looking for some stuff..Maybe we can help each other out.

You're our celebrity! Whatchou after, Mark? Lord knows I need a forth BAT fuzz... :-)

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

Speakers, cabs, good mics, decent keyboard, synth, guitars.... email me when you get some kind of an idea of your stocklist.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.