Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave J

Quote from: dunwichamps on October 25, 2012, 09:16:04 PM

What the......?

Those look awesome! I love knobs that I can tweak.

You must tell us more about those and give us sound links.
"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat

The Bandit

dunwichamps

Element is a kind of the ultimate OD/Dist in a box with lots of tweakage and the FrazzDazzler (grey one) is like a very very heavy gated fuzz which somewhat reminds me of a FZ2 in a way. Ill try to get some clips later on next week.

The Bandit

Interesting, much love for the FZ2.

dunwichamps

its pretty vicious sounding overall. I stacked Elements into Pharaoh last night 2.

moose23

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 25, 2012, 05:16:34 PM
Quote from: I,Galactus on October 25, 2012, 04:58:32 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on October 25, 2012, 04:21:59 PM
Those are old Ludwigs.

Of course they are, you lucky sumbitch.  ;)

RIP to your pops' bro.  Glad to see his haul going to a good home.

This was my buddy's dad. He's a crustie/train traveling kid, and wanted no ties. He gave it all to me. I've been going around to our show houses and a couple indie venues that my buddies run and giving out PA equipment so all of the houses have legit PA's. Feels good.

Hero!

VOLVO)))

The community relies on it's people. I've been at it for many years, and this is what needs to be done. Fuck greed.

Furthermore, every community needs a handyman. It's fun as fuck going to other cities and meeting those dudes. You can pick them out easy, they're the ones with the flashlights and multitools on their belts.

We're lucky here, there's like four dudes like that, and at least one of us is at every show.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bass sic

Got my pharaoh yesterday, but haven't had a chance to mess with it. Supposed to be a blemish, but I can't find it. Can't wait till tomorrow when I can play with it for a couple hours.

VOLVO)))

That is the finish of those Ludwigs. Called "blue Oyster."

So, basically, it's missing both kick hoops, all of the T-rods for the front, some T rods for the toms, but I think I have all the hoops for the toms.

The hardware is all rusted and pitted. Would it be totally blasphemous for me to powdercoat all of the hardware to match the white in the kit? I've got powdercoat, booth and kiln. It's cheap and easy for me to do. What do you kids think?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 26, 2012, 09:21:17 PM

That is the finish of those Ludwigs. Called "blue Oyster."

So, basically, it's missing both kick hoops, all of the T-rods for the front, some T rods for the toms, but I think I have all the hoops for the toms.

The hardware is all rusted and pitted. Would it be totally blasphemous for me to powdercoat all of the hardware to match the white in the kit? I've got powdercoat, booth and kiln. It's cheap and easy for me to do. What do you kids think?

i say do it. as we say in the country "run what ya brung".

The Shocker

Discö Rice

Just picked up a black 28x14 Pearl marching bass drum for $76 (+$59 shipping) on ebay. Wrap was stripped and it was painted black. Might sand all that off and put a nice new wrap on it if the paint job's too much of an eyesore. Looks okay, I guess.

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Discö Rice

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 26, 2012, 09:21:17 PM
Let religious people worry about blasphemy. You do what you want, sir!

Pissy

Quote from: Discö Rice on October 27, 2012, 01:07:04 PM
Just picked up a black 28x14 Pearl marching bass drum for $76 (+$59 shipping) on ebay. Wrap was stripped and it was painted black. Might sand all that off and put a nice new wrap on it if the paint job's too much of an eyesore. Looks okay, I guess.

I love big kick drums. Bet it sounds good.
Vinyls.   deal.

Discö Rice

Quote from: Pissy on October 27, 2012, 05:00:41 PM
Quote from: Discö Rice on October 27, 2012, 01:07:04 PM

I love big kick drums. Bet it sounds good.

The plan is actually get a matching one and stick the two of them together by taking the front hoop off the rear drum, cutting all but the last inch or so out of the rear head of the front drum, then sliding the rear drum sexfully inside the hoop of the front drum, making it a 28x28. Gravity holds the drums in place for the most part, but I might pick up some bass drum woofer mounting hardware just to make it rock solid.

Edit: and I'm still trying to decide between the DW hoop mounted bass drum spurs or drilling for regular spurs.

Pissy

Awesome. Would you really need to trim it though?  I suppose it's nothing insurmountable. Might not be small stage friendly, but that's never stopped a guitar player from putting a full stack in a small room.
Vinyls.   deal.

Ayek

That idea sounds overindulgently rad.

edited for bad spelling

Discö Rice

Quote from: Pissy on October 27, 2012, 05:45:44 PM
Awesome. Would you really need to trim it though?  I suppose it's nothing insurmountable. Might not be small stage friendly, but that's never stopped a guitar player from putting a full stack in a small room.

Nah. My current rig is two 22x16 bass drums stuck together end to end. Haven't really run into issues there. and this one's 4 inches shorter. Also, yes - that is my coup de grace argument with any wiseacre guitar/bass monkeys that think they know better.

Mr. Foxen

VOLVO)))

I got overwhelmed as fuck, today. Going through all that shit made my mind implode. I have guitar cables x10000000

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Any coilies?  I need me a couple.

VOLVO)))

Nope, I harvested all of the ends and put the first batch of shit I didn't want to give away up on the craigslists. Gonna raise money to restore the ludwig kit, refret my Kramer stagemaster, and start getting my truck/credit card down to zero dollars so I can buy guns and stuff.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Pissy

Quote from: The Shocker on October 27, 2012, 10:33:44 PM
Any coilies?  I need me a couple.

I'm told that you can make a coil cord yourself, but I've never tried it.  you need a long rod to wrap it around, a way to secure the ends and a heat gun.  wrap it, then heat it up (I have no idea how much heat but go easy at first- applying heat evenly to the whole thing) and let it cool while it's coiled.  Pretty sure that's how they do it when they're made.  I doubt a hairdryer will work btw, need more heat than that.  Try it, and report of your success.  kthnx.
Vinyls.   deal.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.