Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal and Beer

That Ovation looks tasty as hell..

SunnJake0))) hooked me up with a Sunn Concert Bass recently, on account of him being particularly awesome. It'll make a swell slave !

I got an Avatar 4x12 w/ Vintage 30's the other day (week) for 200 clams from them Craigslists, pretty square deal methinks..

Next: 'nother cab, a pedal here and there and carefully looking for a guitar (I'm a pretty notorious impulse buyer, gonna shop hard this time..)
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

jibberish

the thing finally showed up, I think late last night..who knows what ups logistics are these days of growing web purchases.
I will still use reaper for post processing stuff, but this is going to make life lazy for sure.(not my pic obviously)

Instant Dan

Avatar cabs are the best bang for the buck on the market today.

Lumpy

Nice Breadwinner...

I got a 'Wrong Side of Uranus' from Montreal Assembly (he makes weird pedals). Bitcrusher with ringmod type tendencies. This is a bad demo but whatever.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

xayk

nth'ing the 'nice Breadwinner' sentiment. I saw that someone local had the Eastwood copy for sale and it piqued my interest.

Lumpy, kudos on the Montreal Assembly pedal. I really, really want a Nasa Attribute, hope he does them again.

The Shocker

I had a Deacon (upscale Breadwinner) that I sold and regretted it.  Decided if I was going to get another Ovation I was going to get the Limited.  Supposedly only 500 made.  It just fits perfectly.

Metal and Beer

I scored an Epiphone G-400 at our local music-themed pawn shop* for 110 bucks, it's one of the mid-90's era models made in Korea which are "supposed" to be somewhat superior to the since-2002 Chinese ones (can't confirm or deny)...plays great, intonation is awesome which was the dealmaker for me. Set-neck, pickups sound better than I expected, etc. Pic isn't mine but here 'tis

* Not the pawn shop w/ the fake Custom I posted a while back

Mr. Foxen

That pic is a Chinese one, the Korean ones have more contouring.

Metal and Beer

Grabbed the first black G-400 pic I saw actually; mine has "Gibson" vertically on the trussrod cover which is also a Korean trait (according to Wiki)...it also has an "I" for the first digit of the serial which is supposed to denote Korean mfg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphone_G-400

DustinAR

Dave, it makes me smile to read that you're getting gear together. Did you get that Epi at Music City?

Metal and Beer

I did indeed sir, I'm going back for a second cab this week sometime; they got a lot of new stuff recently..

the diddler

You all set for amps, Metal Dave?  I gots a Beta lead and a Plush 1060s I'll probably be moving soon- if you need anything like that, of course.

Metal and Beer

I'll definitely keep that in mind, Sir Diddlah, feel free to remind a 'squatch when the time comes..

VOLVO)))

How much for that Bet.... Wait a minute.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

beerrhino

1971 Guild Bluesbird, Merry Christmas to me!

RacerX

Suh-WEEEEEEEET!!

Nice score, dude.
Livin' The Life.

justinhedrick

Quote from: RacerX on December 22, 2012, 10:36:49 AM
Suh-WEEEEEEEET!!

Nice score, dude.

agreed. so awesome. I love bluesbirds.

Ranbat

That Bluesbird is nice. I really like the Guild solidbody stuff. Even alot of their import stuff was solid. I just made a trade for this guitar yesterday. It's a Gretsch BST 1500. The DiMarzio's are stock. I traded a Teisco hollowbody for it. It even has the original case.

Meh :/

RnRJanitor

Just picked up a Small Stone Nano last week. Sound great on bass with or without dirt. No volume drop, minimal low-end loss. I like it.

Drama

Picked this beauty up a week or so ago.

Custom Shop Class 5 in Cobraburst.

I've just put a set of the new Lace Wino's in there.

Metal and Beer

Just acquired one of Seahag's old guitarists' Peavey cabs that he had redone w/ Celestions, it still has the old band mojo (stenciled band name, beaten back Tolex, doobie burns, beer bar/jam room stinkies).

I,Galactus

Quote from: Metal and Beer on December 22, 2012, 02:40:07 PM
Just acquired one of Seahag's old guitarists' Peavey cabs that he had redone w/ Celestions, it still has the old band mojo (stenciled band name, beaten back Tolex, doobie burns, beer bar/jam room stinkies).

Hells yes, mang.

Also, HHNNGG @ DAT G-G-G-GUILD
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

hisheroisjon

One of the few times I've left happy from GC, black Orange high powered 4x12 for 600 bucks. This thing doesn't ave a single scuff either.

That Guild doe.

themusketking

Have this puppy on layaway. Pretty pumped about it. I'm a bass player, but I have a number of SG(body style...as shown)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.