Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themusketking

Quote from: themusketking on December 23, 2012, 04:25:31 PM
Have this puppy on layaway. Pretty pumped about it. I'm a bass player, but I have a number of SG(body style...as shown)

The amp is what I have on layaway. lol. That didn't turn out how I wanted.  The guitars I've had for some time. Here:

Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

The Shocker

That looks like an amp I'd want.  What is it?

MichaelZodiac

Tube amp by Acoustic, doesn't the singer/guitarist from Pallbearer play on 1 of those? M&B shall know.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Instant Dan

When I saw Pallbearer on Friday, he was using an Ampeg SVT Classic.

themusketking

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on December 23, 2012, 05:35:23 PM
Tube amp by Acoustic, doesn't the singer/guitarist from Pallbearer play on 1 of those? M&B shall know.

It's actually solid state.  Normally, I'd be 100% against it, but there's only two brands that I'd buy a solid state from: Sunn O)) and Acoustic(before they closed shop the first time).

Glitchyghost

Love that Bluesbird!

Here's my present to myself:

themusketking

Quote from: koi on December 23, 2012, 08:02:05 PM
Love that Bluesbird!

Here's my present to myself:

sweet mother of god. That's bad ass.

Mr Neutron

Bought myself an Egnater Tweaker 40. Hopefully it'll be here by Saturday. looking forward to fiddling with a new amp.
"Where words fail, music speaks."

MichaelZodiac

Quote from: themusketking on December 23, 2012, 07:20:36 PM
Quote from: MichaelZodiac on December 23, 2012, 05:35:23 PM

It's actually solid state.  Normally, I'd be 100% against it, but there's only two brands that I'd buy a solid state from: Sunn O)) and Acoustic(before they closed shop the first time).
My bad, I thought it was the Acoustic 160. And the guy from Pallbearer can be seen using it right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHDAqgrJ4k4
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

heytrid

Bought this, sweet boxing day sale item, plus i have been wanting an rd for a while, the thing is super heavy and sounds like it, basically a jazz bass sound with huge bottom end, something my SG bass didn't do.

got it for $1500 off msrp (which i know msrp doesn't matter) but still $700 off what musicians friend wants for one (so that makes it $700), Also picked up an ART Digital MPA2 for under $200 (just need to upgrade the tubes and it will make a fine beater preamp.

RacerX

Nice, but wtf's up with the pickguard? What a weird design, coming up & around the p/us like that.
Livin' The Life.

themusketking

Quote from: heytrid on December 26, 2012, 06:15:59 PM
Bought this, sweet boxing day sale item, plus i have been wanting an rd for a while, the thing is super heavy and sounds like it, basically a jazz bass sound with huge bottom end, something my SG bass didn't do.

got it for $1500 off msrp (which i know msrp doesn't matter) but still $700 off what musicians friend wants for one (so that makes it $700), Also picked up an ART Digital MPA2 for under $200 (just need to upgrade the tubes and it will make a fine beater preamp.

*drrrrrroooooooooooooooooollllllllssssss* I want one so damn bad. Those basses are bad ass.

MichaelZodiac

Those basses are badass indeed. How's the obeche fingerboard?

Nolan

RacerX

Hm. Pickguard always did that, but the older models had humbuckers, so it didn't look quite the same.
Livin' The Life.

Zero

Dont think I posted this in here. Scored a '73 OR with a matching cabinet. Pretty damn happy

heytrid

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on December 28, 2012, 09:29:55 AM
Those basses are badass indeed. How's the obeche fingerboard?

Fingerboard is what it is, I do not find a big difference really, looks like a black rosewood, feels simlar to my rosewood guitars to be honest, not as soft as everyone online complains about. In all honesty I think it is one of those guitar snobbery things, put a blindfold on and never be able to tell it is a "inferior" wood.

Out of the original RD's the Artist had the humbuckers with moog electronics ( 4 knobs, 2 switches), the RD standard had passive humbuckers that were kind of single coil sized (3 knobs), but the pick guard was always like that, The RD standard had no pole pieces so it was not as noticable in photos. This has SD stk-j2's in it as it is supposed to be built based on novoselic's modified RD, this is the reason the poles do not line up either, That however has no affect on string/note volumes while playing it.

It is HEAVY though.. 11.4 lbs, very solid feeling bass haha. I LOVE the sound of it though, a jazz bass with a huge heavy solid body, huge low end.. hard to explain but if ou guys ever have a chance to try one out at a shop def plug it in.

bbottom

Sorry for the total shit pictures

Ampeg 8x10 anniversary edition.  It took me a while to get used to how bassey the cab is but I dig the shiz out of it. The thing is loud as hell  with the V4 and I expect it to be epic when I get the Orange head in a month or so.

My major concern was getting the thing in, and then out, of my car (2011 4 door Ford Fiesta) but it really wasn't that difficult.

I was going back and forth about getting 2 115 orange cabs to go with the Orange head. But I've always wanted a Fridge and I got a good deal on this one so it was a no brainer for me.

bass sic

There's no fookin way you got that thing into a fiesta. I'd love to see it. Very cool that you don't have to drive a van or truck to gig, saves some money. Why do you want to replace the V4?

yesca

Woulda had a 50watt Laney AOR 6knobber and a Laney 4x12 all for 400 but some dick bought it out from underneath me!

bbottom

The new Ford Fiestas are bigger than the old ones. The only problem is that the back doors don't open up enough with just push the cab in so you have to wedge it in and then pull it from the other side.  Having another person there helps a lot but it's not impossible to do yourself.

I've had the v4 for like 5 years or so and have dumped a good amount of money in it. And while I dig it, I just want something different. Plus I've always wanted an Orange head and will have the means to get one in a month or so.

Corey Y

Just arrived in the mail today. A used Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone compressor. Got it at a pretty good price and it looks like it was never used, in the box with the power supply and all the paperwork and still looks brand new. I got it to put before my OCD to get some more sustain on really held out chords and it's doing the trick nicely so far. Having the blend and treble controls are really nice to keep it from getting too squashed sounding in the process, I dig it.

hisheroisjon

Who wants a mustache ride?

The Shocker

Lumpy

Congratulations to bbottom on the 8x10.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.