Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mulekicker

Bought an Egnater Tweaker 1x12 combo yesterday for the living room.  It's super versatile and really comes close to nailing the tone of its intended targets: I guess they'd be Fender Deluxe, Vox AC15, and hot rodded Marshall.  Lots of good sounds to be had from this little dude. Bonus is that its cathode biased so I can change out the stock 6v6's and toss in 6l6's, 5881's, el34's, etc. I never really paid much attention to these amps but i ab'd it against the Tiny Terror I was intending on buying and lo and behold the Tweaker was the hands down winner.

The Shocker

The Shocker

RAGER

Is that a pic of your kid etched on there?  If so, awesome!!

If you like kids that is.
No Focus Pocus

Instant Dan

Did he also fix the volume issue?

The Shocker

Quote from: RAGER on April 20, 2013, 11:51:27 AM
Is that a pic of your kid etched on there?  If so, awesome!!

If you like kids that is.

I like my son. Other kids, not so much.

No volume issue!

Drama

New Album recording and gigs coming up, gonna be running my Elgen Lead 100 head, this one was made in the early 70's by a builder at Orange. Very Loud and very clean. As such I needed to put together a pedal board for the first time in a long time. Here is the result, Xenu bless tax rebates.

Chain is, AMT Japanese Girl Wah (THE wah for use with Fuzz) > Rockett WTF Fuzz > Black Arts Toneworks Coven > Catalinbread Octapussy Octave Fuzz > Suhr Riot > Paul C Timmy > Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret Mk III in Super Bass mode (amazing platform for Fuzzes) > Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret Mk III in Super Lead mode > Neunaber Chroma Chorus > Strymon Flint Trem/Reverb > Strymon Timeline Delay > Neunaber Stereo Wet Reverb.

Few more to come, I kinda want to get hold of a Perseus and mebee a Pareidolia.

clockwork green

A very TGP approved board (much like my own). The Suhr Riot never got along with any of my gear, nor did the Timmy. I've been thinking about the Japanese girl wah for a bit but it's hard to find wah's that sit well with lower tunings and can also cut through fuzz.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Drama

To be honest, the Riot is a stop gap until I find what I'm looking for. It's not bad really but it doesn't cut like I want it to and with the tone up it fizzes out some. It does the job for now but I'll jump on something more suitable as soon as I find it.

I actually don't use it with my band, I just wanted something that could do high gain so that I didn't have to fuck about with plugging in to a different head if I got an idea I wanted to try with that kinda tone.

I'm open to suggestions for pedals to try that could replace it for sure.

I really dig the Timmy, it's absolutely killer in to the DLS Super Bass and is great at kicking my amps in the balls when needed. I really like the EQ it has too, the cuts are great and have a huge range.

In saying that though, I've only ever run it in to two pretty unconventional amps. The above mentioned Elgen and a small 3 Watt crystal clean valve amp a buddy made for me. I'll have to try it with some other amps and see how it is.

clockwork green

The dr. scientist Elements is highly regarded. When running into a modestly dirty amp I like the D*A*M Sonic Titan and into a clean amp the Toneczar Openhaus EQ is my favorite. The MI Audio Crunch Box is also really nice for that JCM 800 type high gain.

jibberish

every decent music room needs one. this thing is slick, just having the humidity indicator at all times alone.

http://www.sears.com/kenmore-30-pint-dehumidifier-with-electronic-controls/p-04252301000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

RacerX

Quote from: jibberish on May 27, 2013, 09:57:54 AM
every decent music room needs one. this thing is slick, just having the humidity indicator at all times alone.

http://www.sears.com/kenmore-30-pint-dehumidifier-with-electronic-controls/p-04252301000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

Not my music room. In the desert, a humidifier is much more appropriate.
Livin' The Life.

The Shocker

What would be considered the optimum humidity for guitars?

RacerX

Right around 50%.

It's more important for acoustics/hollow body guitars.
Livin' The Life.

The Shocker

50% is low humidity here.  Good thing I don't have an acoustic.

RAGER

I have a big industrial dehu I keep in the basement so my wood doesn't sell. heh heh.
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

in the summer when the temp is hotter than 70 for some time, the basement is a giant dehumidifier.  I have to run a dehumidifier or humidity hits 100% and the pipes drip.  this one is a second little one just for the music room.  just this little blast of 80+ got the basement to 80-90%humidity when I left both dehu's off for a day to see.   

during this little cold snap, I left both off again and they sat at 60%.
I set them to run it down to 45-50%.

that warped neck website says dry heat is the worst thing to distort guitar wood

Omlet

My newest axe:

Custom made by Skervesen Guitars. It's fucking awesome.

The Bandit

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

Sold my previous one, because it had a totally impractical matching cab and I didn't want to split them, happily found a replacement. Of course, doesn't have the right impedance tap for any of my gigging cabs, but it sounds great. I have a matching 2x12 that will do.

Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen

clockwork green

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.