Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

Welcome Aboard! Lotsa SX/Xaviere love from this end...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

That last one looks Teisco or similar.

Cursed71

and this mystery guitar, got some p90s for it n shit. 60s mij?

[/quote]

Yeah definitely get those p90s in there.  And add a monkey sticker.

neighbor664

The trem and bridge on that look similar to the ones on a Harmony I have.

Jake

Riffer, your drip edge Fenders are super badass. Nice scores!

Do not really need this per se, but could not pass it up for the price. It's a pretty unique limited edition Arctic White FSR Tele Deluxe with regular T-style headstock, squared neck heel, and 4-bolt. Usually a Deluxe will have the large Strat-style headstock, a rounded heel, and 3-bolt. Plays like buttah. Buttah. Definitely needs 500k pots though.

poop.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ranbat

After starting a thread about too many amps, I got rid of a few. Only to end up dragging another half-stack home  ??? I didn't need or particularly have a use for it, but the price was right at $190. I bought a Fender FM100H w/matching 412 cab. I couldn't resist. I like solid state though too and dig modern distortion.
Meh :/

dogfood

Quote from: Jake on July 06, 2013, 07:37:04 PM
Riffer, your drip edge Fenders are super badass. Nice scores!

Do not really need this per se, but could not pass it up for the price. It's a pretty unique limited edition Arctic White FSR Tele Deluxe with regular T-style headstock, squared neck heel, and 4-bolt. Usually a Deluxe will have the large Strat-style headstock, a rounded heel, and 3-bolt. Plays like buttah. Buttah. Definitely needs 500k pots though.

+1
Problem solving whiskey!

dogfood

I'm assembling a proper pedal board so I bought one of them tuner floor pedals.  Oddly I never bought a proper tuner floor pedal.  I might proclaim my punk cred on that fact alone.  Anyway I've always found Boss pedals to be workhorses so I picked up the TU-3.  I also got some new strap locks and two guitfiddle wall hangers.  I'll post a pic in rigs one day...I swear.  On a separate note, you fucks have me jonesing for a tele.  This is a new feeling.  I've never had the hankering for a Fender, ever.  good job.  Well maybe that Tele-V, but who wouldn't pause over a picture of such a wonderous frankenfiddle.
Problem solving whiskey!

Mr. Foxen

finally got hands on one:

charmander

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on July 09, 2013, 07:53:36 AM
finally got hands on one:

Me gusta.   ;D

Also, the 65 Alamo I mentioned earlier is a fuckin' doom machine, instant St. Vitus tone through a cheap 1x15 bass cab, eq to 10, channels jumped and volumes to 7...  :o

clockwork green

Made some massive upgrades to my pedalboard.  I ditched the Strymon's (Timeline and Mobius) and bought a Moog Delay and Cluster Flux (already had the MuRF).  I've only had them for a day but I've already found multiple settings on each that I find far more useful than anything I came up with on the Strymon's.  The Strymon's are great but I'm just not a guy that's going to dial in a ton of presets and then save them.  THe Moog's are warm yet cut through the mix and you can dial in really subtle stuff or just awesome crazy tones.  Some of the sounds were really inspirational.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

RAGER

Picked this up last night for $80. 6v6, tube recified.  Sounds great through a 4x12 at about 7.  Gonna get a tweed 2x12 and put it in the living room.

No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Quote from: RAGER on July 10, 2013, 02:01:47 PM
Picked this up last night for $80. 6v6, tube recified.  Sounds great through a 4x12 at about 7.  Gonna get a tweed 2x12 and put it in the living room.

Nice. Fucking. Score.
Livin' The Life.

Corey Y

Nice Tele Jake! I'd love to give one of those a whirl.

My new Carvin Bolt Plus came in today. Setup for playing in B...

clockwork green

I never find cool old amps and especially not tubed reel to reels.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

RAGER

^^ ;D :D  I seem to recall you having some pretty cool shit.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Quote from: clockwork green on July 10, 2013, 05:38:25 PM
I never find cool old amps and especially not 100 WATT tubed reel to reels.

ftfy.
Livin' The Life.

Lumpy

I wonder if there's a way to use the reel-to-reel as a delay? Offset the playback head, I think. Might mean rerouting the signal and big pain in the ass.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Ayek

Quote from: RacerX on July 10, 2013, 06:04:18 PM
Quote from: clockwork green on July 10, 2013, 05:38:25 PM
I never find cool old amps and especially not 100 WATT tubed reel to reels.

ftfy.

The 100 watts you speak of would most likely be the power input, not output. Generally it's the case when power is noted adjacent to the voltage and frequency.

RAGER

Yeah you can't really squeeze 100 out of a single 6v6
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Maybe 20 or so.

Mini mesa 400+

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

Been having lots of fun with this reel to reel this morning.  Great low wattage amp.  Cant wait to find a little 2x12 for it.
No Focus Pocus

The Shocker

hayseed

New head and cab. Laney AOR ProTube 100 with an Avatar 412(2 Hellatone 60s and 2 k100s). Sounds so good.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC