Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Cool score. If that's what's known as the Pro Tube Evil Twin, then it's a reissue Model T almost exactly. Check out the link – fourth paragraph from the bottom, starting with "Weird thing is..."

http://www.anchorstates.net/2009/11/sunn-model-t-reissue-schematics.html
poop.

taylo)))r

Quote from: Jake on July 25, 2013, 12:58:23 PM
Cool score. If that's what's known as the Pro Tube Evil Twin, then it's a reissue Model T almost exactly. Check out the link – fourth paragraph from the bottom, starting with "Weird thing is..."

http://www.anchorstates.net/2009/11/sunn-model-t-reissue-schematics.html

It is the pro tube evil twin. It's a 92, and actually gets a ton of breakup. It's funny, the "clean" channel is dirtier sounding when you pull the push pull knob on the master volume than the actual dirty channel. Scored it for pretty cheap, so I am super stoked.
(insert interesting quote)

taylo)))r

Mine doesn't have tremolo though. Which is fine. When am I ever going to use tremolo anyhow?

The Bandit

You enjoying the Mustang?

taylo)))r

Quote from: The Bandit on July 25, 2013, 01:17:50 PM
You enjoying the Mustang?

I am. I still need to get it set up. The action is weird, but other than that, I like it. It's just so much smaller than my other guitar that it has taken some getting used to. How's the armstrong for you?

The Bandit

Loving it, not sure that the switching makes much difference, but that's the only thing close to negative. 

VOLVO)))

I don't remember if it was me that set up that Mustang, but I remember one of them being really wonky in terms of saddle slippage the more you played it.

Neat guitar.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

taylo)))r

Quote from: The Bandit on July 25, 2013, 01:30:40 PM
Loving it, not sure that the switching makes much difference, but that's the only thing close to negative. 

It doesn't do a damn thing.

taylo)))r

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 25, 2013, 01:32:19 PM
I don't remember if it was me that set up that Mustang, but I remember one of them being really wonky in terms of saddle slippage the more you played it.

Neat guitar.

I think he said you set it up. Yeah, it seems like it moves a bit when I really rail on it hard. It's my backup, so i'm not too worried.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: taylo)))r on July 25, 2013, 01:38:16 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on July 25, 2013, 01:32:19 PM

Neat guitar.

I think he said you set it up. Yeah, it seems like it moves a bit when I really rail on it hard. It's my backup, so i'm not too worried.

Yep, it's fucking irritating. I've set up several of those, and they all do it.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

I've actually been thinking about adding an opened back, high wattage clean combo like the Twin. Through some EV's in there and pair it with a Matamp might be a nice mix of thick and heavy with some airyness for space.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

taylo)))r

Quote from: clockwork green on July 25, 2013, 04:56:22 PM
I've actually been thinking about adding an opened back, high wattage clean combo like the Twin. Through some EV's in there and pair it with a Matamp might be a nice mix of thick and heavy with some airyness for space.

Yeah, i'm going to pair it with a Traynor YBA-1 with kt-88s through my 4x12. Hoping it will create a really cool mixture and tone.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: clockwork green on July 25, 2013, 04:56:22 PM

Buy my Orange Hustler. Could prob ship unspeakered.
http://ampstack.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/orange-125-hustler-2x12-combo/

clockwork green

I'm a ways away from figuring out what I'm going to do. I might just get an open back cab and use my Sound City. An open back 2x15 would be cool.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

James1214

Pharaoh is being built and will be on the wat soon..... so super stoked on life. I saved up for months and months and now i'm getting what I want.

Today is a good day.
words

Lip

Picked this up earlier today - BCR Eagle. Nut was replaced with a bone nut. Pups swapped out - Super D in the bridge and a humbucker from hell ni the neck. Love this thing already...haha

Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

taylo)))r

Quote from: Lip on July 26, 2013, 04:21:58 PM
Picked this up earlier today - BCR Eagle. Nut was replaced with a bone nut. Pups swapped out - Super D in the bridge and a humbucker from hell ni the neck. Love this thing already...haha

That's actually pretty damn cool. Normally i'm not a fan of the BC Rich.

Lip

yea - there are only a few types of BCR that I like - the classics with the plus tops primarilly - and only a few of the models - the eagle is my fave.. I like some of the M-birds too
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

The Riffer

Thanks James, Much appreciation.

Lippy, that guitar is bad to the bone. A BC Rich and a Super Distortion is all rock.

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Lip

Tx Riffer - I am deff stoked.

bbottom

Well I sold the Sting Ray that I posted on here a few days ago. I just ordered a faded brown Gibson SG bass. I love those basses but they are damn near impossible to find. I finally tracked one down and got a good price on it to boot.

Today I picked up an Acoustic 370 bass head which I will be listing in the for sale section. I only bought it because I got a good deal on it. I already have waaaaay to many amps.

Slugfuct

Quote from: Lip on July 26, 2013, 04:21:58 PM

Can't wait to hear the Bich in person mang!!! Stoked you got that fucker!
I'm gonna ravage your cabbage with my sauerkraut habits

Lip

I'm telling you - this thing is the butters... I pulled it out of the case and just strummed it with my fingers... the sustain is awesome... can't wait til Taylor's OR gets here and I can get that JCM set up...

hisheroisjon

Picked up the 400rb for about 140 a couple months ago, and this modern player tele bass for 275 a few days ago. Also scored a bogen challenger 20 watt tube amp for 10 bucks that my tech is turning into something 50's tweed-like.

taylo)))r

Thanks to a Trade from Lip, my new setup is now complete! By the way, Lip was awesome to deal with, I fully endorse him for any and all trades and transactions here. Super cool, communicated well.

Traynor YBA 1-A w kt-88s through an avatar 4 x 12, run in tandem with the evil twin. Sounds epic.