Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

Quote from: The Riffer on July 31, 2013, 07:23:29 PM
Quote from: bbottom on July 31, 2013, 01:24:03 PM

Brand spankin new Gibson SG bass in worn brown. Short Scale thunder!!!
Love it. Congrats

I recently (like an idiot) sold my SG bass, was White with black pg..I agree about the way it hangs, but it sounded badass, and was a blast to play. I was selling a Pbass, and the dude who came to buy the Pbass ended up making an offer I couldn't refuse for both. It was some cat buying high end stuff to stock his new Nashville music store. Wish I had both back now...

I was originally looking for a white one with black pickguard but they were damn near impossible to find

xayk

I needed another amp like I needed a trite comparison, but the situation was right, and it has British-made Celestion G12-65's. Sounds so good. Sounds even better with a BAT Revelation in front of it.

The Shocker

moose23

Splashed out and got everything in this pic in the last week, great deals on the lot too.

The Riffer

I have a couple of friends with a Simms Watts. They love them. I'd like to get my dickbeaters on one. Congrats on the awesome new rig.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

RAGER

Picked up this Traynor 1x12 cab yesterday for my reel to reel.  It's got a Vintage 30 in it.  So this is my upstairs living room rig.

No Focus Pocus

James1214

Rager, Are you using the reel to reel as a low wattage amp?
words

RAGER

Yes sir!  Fuzzy tube od goodness.  Saggy tube rectified squishy.
No Focus Pocus

James1214

Rad. Good to have for recording. Not onto the reel to reel, but as one more unique amp sound. I've heard about people doing a similar thing with old Tape Echoes.
words

RAGER

picked up a used Carbon Copy yesterday.  that is all.
No Focus Pocus

Instant Dan

Knocking the DD-5 off yer board?

RAGER

Actually I sold the dd-5 a couple months ago.  On my main board I have a Malekko 616 for spacey delays and a dd-3 for light delay.  I'm using the Carbon Copy for my upstairs quiet rig I posted pics of.  I'm also using a Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive into the reel to reel.
No Focus Pocus

JemDooM

I'm about to sell my DD3 and try something else, I just can't seem to get what I want out of it (I need spacier) I'm thinking a reverb/delay might be better...
DooM!

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: moose23 on August 02, 2013, 05:43:31 AM
Splashed out and got everything in this pic in the last week, great deals on the lot too.

damn..

da_qtip

I got a new ride a couple weeks back. HHX Heavy Legacy Ride 22". Beautiful cymbal.

fallen

Quote from: JemDooM on August 04, 2013, 05:14:50 PM
I'm about to sell my DD3 and try something else, I just can't seem to get what I want out of it (I need spacier) I'm thinking a reverb/delay might be better...

Demo a Disaster Transport delay or keep the DD3 and add a Trinity/HallOfFame reverb after it for the space.

Jake

Just got one of these for cheap as a super duper emergency backup that can be kept in my gig box. It's a legitimately loud 44 watts coming from about 6oz of tiny pedal. Impressive.

poop.

Headshrinker

Quote from: da_qtip on August 04, 2013, 09:45:47 PMBeautiful cymbal.

Looks nice. Haven't heard it myself, but I imagine it sounds terrific.

da_qtip

Quote from: Headshrinker on August 06, 2013, 12:03:37 PM
Looks nice. Haven't heard it myself, but I imagine it sounds terrific.

It took a few days to get used to, it's jazzier sounding than my last ride but I'm really liking it now. More of a medium, medium-heavy cymbal than a heavy one but that's how I like it. I posted a recording with it in the recent recording thread but I didn't have it closed miced and the overheads were doing some weird peaking stuff.

clockwork green

Very non-doom amp day.
Blue stripe, Mesa Mark III with pairs of EV's.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

RAGER

Hot Damn!  That little shit is sexy!  and loud I bet.  i wouldn't keep her in the basement.  I'd do her in the livingroom where the neighbors can hear her.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

I love those wicker grilles.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

The Shocker

Cool find.  I read an article where Dan was not happy with those amps and had his name removed pretty quickly.