Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Foxen

The line didn't last, but I've not come across them badged as anything else.

The Shocker

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: The Shocker on August 09, 2013, 09:03:45 PM
http://www.danarmstrong.org/amps.html

They got rebadged with the 'EQ' brand.

A lot of dodge stuff in there. Looks like written by someone with no clue what they are talking about. "to warm things up, an ECC83 driver tube was also used. ", pretty sure the ECC valve in there is the phase splitter for the power section, since its a standard Laney power section. Plus its on the power section, which is separate to the preamp section.

The Shocker

Hah, can't attest to its accuracy. 

VOLVO)))

I fixed it. Two caps and some jacks.

I want that boogie, still.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

I've got a used Neptune Delay coming in the mail, for about 60 bucks. It's about an even trade if I sell my Ibanez DE7. Neptune delay has a pretty cool 'decay' function on a momentary switch, you can hear it at around 2:50 in the video. I love momentary (non-latching) switches for this kind of thing.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Jake

The Tele Deluxe preoccupation continues. This "Dove" version has P90s. Yay, P90s!

poop.

The Riffer

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

mulekicker

Jake, come home and visit for Christmas and gift me that Tele! Pretty much exactly what I want for my next p 90 equipped fiddle. You're killing me with all these deluxes. What pickups did you put in it?

taylo)))r

Quote from: Jake on August 13, 2013, 04:54:32 PM
The Tele Deluxe preoccupation continues. This "Dove" version has P90s. Yay, P90s!

Tasty....i'll trade you a firebird. ;)
(insert interesting quote)

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

Now with "soapier" soap bar covers. Any of you mooks can come by and play it any time.

poop.

RacerX

Quote from: Jake on August 13, 2013, 04:54:32 PM

Is that a stock Fender? I may just look into one of those fuckers.
Livin' The Life.

RacerX

Fucking nice.

Most important question: how do the "Black Dove" p/us compare to Gibby P90s?
Livin' The Life.

Jake

The short answer is very close. Similar tonal characteristics, attack, hiss/hum, and single coil sparkle when rolling off volume or playing clean.
poop.

RacerX

I'll have to check one out for sure. I wish they had a rosewood fretboard option, but I could deal with the maple.
Livin' The Life.

Lip

I got that Acoustic 370 in the mail from bbottom tonight - but it came after I left for work... I gotta go pick up my cab from my buddies house to really check it out... I'd like to get either another 4x10 or actually et an 8x10...  I'd love a Matamp 8x10...
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

VOLVO)))

If you wanna dip out on that 370, Lips, I wouldn't mind a second one.

Grimniggzy, that goes for you, too.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lip

Nah - unless for some reason I'm not feeling it.. I've been wanting one of these for years. But I wanna move dome air with it...lol.
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

hisheroisjon

Hey Jake, have you checked out the narrow range P-90s that Novak is making now? They'd kill in that guitar.

Pissy

Quote from: Jake on August 14, 2013, 02:19:52 PM
Now with "soapier" soap bar covers. Any of you mooks can come by and play it any time.

Again with the killer strap.  nice.
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

the hades mining co. drum set of filth..

Lumpy

Electro Harmonix Random Tone Generator. It's kind of a two-trick-pony so far, but I like the tricks. Not going to interest most people. No input, output only. More for tabletop electronics diddlers such as myself. Pretty cheap, and I got a 20% off sale, so I said yes.

Could also be cool driving a vocoder, or something? Clerk said it couldn't be used as a carrier tone for a Ring Mod, but I wonder if he is wrong on that.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Mr Neutron

Quote from: Lumpy on August 18, 2013, 11:56:41 PM
Electro Harmonix Random Tone Generator. It's kind of a two-trick-pony so far, but I like the tricks. Not going to interest most people. No input, output only. More for tabletop electronics diddlers such as myself. Pretty cheap, and I got a 20% off sale, so I said yes.

That pedal combined with some quality smoke,  a timeline & a rainbow machine = hours of fun.

anyway, picked this up last week for a decent price:

"blackface" in a box. pretty nifty.
"Where words fail, music speaks."