Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

I picked up a mini brute not that long ago. I used it live exclusively on the two international noise conference shows I played. it was awesome. brutal power electronic noise assault. I ran it through my dod death metal pedal. it was sick!!

Omlet

I was creating noise with radio set to some random frequency (without any station selected) and Boss Metal Zone. Also I managed to catch some Morse signals through radio, which added some more "special effects" :D

eyeprod

Cool. I'mus ing my minibrute with my bass this Saturday. Doing an all ages show sans synth player so I'll be in charge of sar winds and filter sweeps.
CV - Slender Fungus

BastardCthulhu

I just swapped my Acoustic 810 even up for a Bassman stack.  410 and 115.  I won this trade, hands down.

everdrone

just received my keeley modded proco rat II.  It is pretty sweet.  the toggle switch allows me to go from one diode, to two diodes, to three diodes!  so a true overdrive pedal too.

Instant Dan

Was going to go with the MXR Carbon Copy Delay at GC until I tried this one and was sold. It's digital but pretty hard pressed when blind-folded to tell the difference between it and an analog delay.

Lip

Finally got both my rigs set up - did a bunch of gear swapping last month to get these rigs. Super stoked.
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

Jake

Your things...may I have them?
poop.

RAGER

Got an offer of a trade on a Roland Space Echo RE-201 and some cash for my Sunn 2000s.  How much extra cash should I expect?  Might be kinda cool to have a space echo.
No Focus Pocus

taylo)))r

Quote from: Lip on September 15, 2013, 08:35:20 PM

Finally got both my rigs set up - did a bunch of gear swapping last month to get these rigs. Super stoked.

I as well would like your things.
(insert interesting quote)

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Chovie D

Quote from: RAGER on September 16, 2013, 11:46:30 AM
Got an offer of a trade on a Roland Space Echo RE-201 and some cash for my Sunn 2000s.  How much extra cash should I expect?  Might be kinda cool to have a space echo.

space echos are indeed a wonderful thing to have.I think they go for abut $800 now in goo dshape so , subtract that from your amp price?

RAGER

I saw a 101 in Tumwater for $500.  What's the dif?
No Focus Pocus

Volume

Make sure the motor is in good shape if you get a Space Echo because there are no replacements. Mine crapped out and only makes this crazy warble. IIRC there's a company in Australia that can fix them, but you have to remove the motor and send it to them and it pretty expensive.

MichaelZodiac

"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Volume on September 16, 2013, 02:18:21 PM
Make sure the motor is in good shape if you get a Space Echo because there are no replacements. Mine crapped out and only makes this crazy warble. IIRC there's a company in Australia that can fix them, but you have to remove the motor and send it to them and it pretty expensive.

There is ALWAYS an equivalent. Not joking.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Corey Y

Quote from: Instant Dan on September 15, 2013, 06:28:20 PM
Was going to go with the MXR Carbon Copy Delay at GC until I tried this one and was sold. It's digital but pretty hard pressed when blind-folded to tell the difference between it and an analog delay.

I've heard a couple really good demos of this, but haven't been able to find much wide review or anything about it.

RAGER

I like the Maestro design style.. :P
No Focus Pocus

Volume

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 16, 2013, 04:35:39 PM
Quote from: Volume on September 16, 2013, 02:18:21 PM

There is ALWAYS an equivalent. Not joking.

I haven't found one and I don't have the energy, skills or knowledge to find something that works. But if you know of an equivalent that would be awesome.

VOLVO)))

I shall research. Which motor is shot?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Volume

I think there's only one, the one that drives the tape. I did some research when it broke and the only solutions I found were: send it to Australia to be fixed or try to repair the motor yourself.

VOLVO)))

How do you know it's the motor? Does it turn at all? Electronic motors usually... Go.. They don't fade.

It's a brushless DC motor. Depending on what voltage it wants to see, the motor circuit will drive any motor of that variety. I read a few minutes ago that these things have bearings? Those could sieze or be shitty, now. Also, the roller could be out of adjustment... Heads dirty... So much on these fuckers to break.

Also, apparently shitty aftermarket tape loops can do shit like that, too. The motor has its own separate fuse too...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Volume

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 17, 2013, 10:25:50 AM
How do you know it's the motor? Does it turn at all? Electronic motors usually... Go.. They don't fade.

It's a brushless DC motor. Depending on what voltage it wants to see, the motor circuit will drive any motor of that variety. I read a few minutes ago that these things have bearings? Those could sieze or be shitty, now. Also, the roller could be out of adjustment... Heads dirty... So much on these fuckers to break.

Also, apparently shitty aftermarket tape loops can do shit like that, too. The motor has its own separate fuse too...

I had a tech take a look at it and he said it's the motor.

neighbor664

6" Weber to upgrade my Fender Champion 600.