Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitchyghost

To be fair, I think the pedal I said I didn't like was called the Cock Blaster.  So maybe I was there was some lost in translation going on.  I've also heard that cock is slang for 'I love you' in Great Britain.

moose23

You looked ok coming out of that exchange over there but these last few comments on here just make you look a cock.

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

Glitchyghost

Quote from: moose23 on September 21, 2013, 08:11:23 AM
You looked ok coming out of that exchange over there but these last few comments on here just make you look a cock.

I'm OK with that.  Sarcasm and humor are hard won over the Internet.  I love you though.  Or, rather, cock.

Instant Dan

Quote from: neighbor664 on September 20, 2013, 02:42:01 PM
The OCD I bought from Instant Dan. Nice packing sock, Dan.

No packing bubble, mang. :-[ :-\

Jake

poop.

The Shocker

You fagmos need to cut it out.

Suck it!

You the man Mark!

fallen

NGD!

I went in to the big box shop today to pick up a compressor and they were having a huge sale...

Ended up walking out with a bunch of stuff:

Single pickup Mexican strat with a fixed bridge and a Dimarzio Distortion+ $300
Carbon Copy $120
Pedal Power ISO5 $75
Harmonizer paid full price for that one.

Spy VS Spy! I already have a single pickup strat but not with the bigger profile neck, and the brand name "Esprit" doesn't have the same mojo lol.

Glitchyghost

Quote from: The Shocker on September 21, 2013, 05:42:49 PM

Suck it!

You the man Mark!

How's the Quantum Mystic?  Was tempted to get on the pre-order, but I'm not really on OD guy.   Do you know if it's based on anything, or an original?

The Shocker

Honestly, I haven't tried it. Too busy with dad duties.  

Stole this off the web:   Quantum Mystic Overdrive is an opamp based distortion/OD featuring a 3 band active EQ, germanium clipping and a captivating presentation. It draws cues from the old Ross Grey Distortion, highly tweeked . The QM is my first "signature" pedal. I worked closely with Mike Scheidt from the Portland Oregon band , Yob. Mike is known for great tone and groundbreaking music in the underground metal community. We decided to adapt his favorite pedal from the seminal early YOB records into an updated and upgraded circuit. The result has been stunning using both mine and Mike's ear, and also the artwork of another underground legend, Arik Roper. We pulled together something pretty special and I think you all will like this one.

Here's a demo by Mark:

AgentofOblivion

Probably going to buy this package:  http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/4063788891.html

I figured that even with used eBay prices on that stuff I can make enough on selling most of it to essentially get the Fender amp for free and maybe come out a couple hundred ahead.  The only thing I'm worried about is the Laney.  I can't find much information on that model and it doesn't seem like many people use them.  I don't have any use for a super high gain 3 channel amp and will need to unload it to make the deal worth it.  They were over $2000 new and I'll be selling it for $600 or so.  You guys know anything about them or have an opinion if it will sell at that price?  He has two of them and the one I would get is the one without any issues.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Ancient

Quote from: The Shocker on September 21, 2013, 05:42:49 PM

Suck it!

You the man Mark!

Sweet score! I got my Quantum Mystic on Friday and love it. I recorded a short clip of it I'll post at the bottom of this post.

But its small potatoes compared to what's coming in this weekend.....

Picking up my second Dunwich! It's got a NMV GT120 style preamp and a Model T PI / Power amp section. 2xKT88's at 100 watts. Fucking excited! Should pair nicely with my other Dunwich or my Verellen.

Here's a short clip with the Quantum Mystic running into it from when I tried it out through my rig over the past weekend:

MichaelZodiac

"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Ancient

I'm gonna take a bunch more this weekend and post em up.

The Shocker

Quote from: Ancient on September 23, 2013, 05:00:28 PM
I'm gonna take a bunch more this weekend and post em up.

Please do.  Your clip had some beautiful evil going on.

Ancient

Why thank you good sir, I may even post up a stereo dunwich vid as well as a master / slave setup vid.  ;D

Think I might bust out the 7 string in drop F as well.....  :D

eyeprod

picked up a maestro boomer 2 wah/volume pedal at the pawn shop for $60 the other day. It's pretty rad
CV - Slender Fungus

the_brow

Should have this custom Fuzzrocious (Double Demon) in a few weeks.

and I'm picking up these bad boys this weekend.  2 2x15 bass cabs.

Ancient

Adam did a great job with those cabs!!!! Kinda thinking of having him build me a Green tolex 6x12 eventually.

Corey Y

Quote from: the_brow on September 24, 2013, 01:00:16 PM
Should have this custom Fuzzrocious (Double Demon) in a few weeks.

and I'm picking up these bad boys this weekend.  2 2x15 bass cabs.

Quote from: Ancient on September 24, 2013, 01:03:25 PM
Adam did a great job with those cabs!!!! Kinda thinking of having him build me a Green tolex 6x12 eventually.

+1 Those will look killer under your Matamp on stage Sam. I think Adam might be doing the head shell for Dunwich amp Nick is building me.

the_brow

Yeah, i couldn't have asked for anything more.  Next step is to sell some gear and get on the Dunwich list. Been throwing around some ideas with Nick.

Ancient

Quote from: Corey Y on September 24, 2013, 01:15:09 PM+1 Those will look killer under your Matamp on stage Sam. I think Adam might be doing the head shell for Dunwich amp Nick is building me.

Quote from: the_brow on September 24, 2013, 01:18:30 PM
Yeah, i couldn't have asked for anything more.  Next step is to sell some gear and get on the Dunwich list. Been throwing around some ideas with Nick.

Yay more Dunwich owners! What kinda amps are you having designed and built? Trust me there's nothing like Nick's builds.

Corey Y

Quote from: Ancient on September 24, 2013, 01:21:12 PM
Yay more Dunwich owners! What kinda amps are you having designed and built? Trust me there's nothing like Nick's builds.

He's building me a custom 300W head. Modified Mat/Orange style preamp, with mid control/freq select, 6x KT88 power amp, With a slave input to the power section. Primarily for bass, but modified a little to make it usable with guitar too. Mostly as a pedal platform, going to be pretty clean. Going to run down to 2 ohm as well, so I can blast the wall o cabs. We went over the design of it for a long time before starting, I traded him my Gibson LP Custom for the build, since I was replacing it and planning to sell it to finance a build/purchase.

Ancient

Thats right your the Lp trader!!! That guitars a beaut!!! And I love the amp idea, very similar to one I was discussing with him after having mine built. Except mine was pretty much going to be a slave only head with no preamp just a slave input. I can definitely vouch for his ormat style preamps, thats what the green one I have posted above has and the amount of clear low end is insane!!!