Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_brow

My idea is a bit of a hybrid.  2 channel preamp (SVT and GT120) matched to a 200W hiwatt power section.  Thinking of going with a Dr. Strangelove theme.

Corey Y

Quote from: Ancient on September 24, 2013, 01:55:10 PM
Thats right your the Lp trader!!! That guitars a beaut!!! And I love the amp idea, very similar to one I was discussing with him after having mine built. Except mine was pretty much going to be a slave only head with no preamp just a slave input. I can definitely vouch for his ormat style preamps, thats what the green one I have posted above has and the amount of clear low end is insane!!!

Originally that's what I wanted to do, since I already had him make me a bass preamp that I like, just a 6xKT88 power/slave head. Nick convinced me that it was pretty much the same amount of money and work to make a whole head and I could just put a slave input on it. Wise words indeed!

Mr. Foxen

Picked up one of these http://www.alesis.com/videotrack for doing practice recordings, more for the stereo condensors than the video, its was on offer at Farnell where I order electrical bits. So using it to do amp demos, quick one of me checking a burman I jsut did up works, jsut to get the hang of video stuff, need to use the mic sensitivity switch some:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im5Lbw4x0GE

Ancient

Quote from: the_brow on September 24, 2013, 02:06:10 PM
My idea is a bit of a hybrid.  2 channel preamp (SVT and GT120) matched to a 200W hiwatt power section.  Thinking of going with a Dr. Strangelove theme.

Fuck yeah on all accounts!!!

Quote from: Corey Y on September 24, 2013, 02:07:31 PMOriginally that's what I wanted to do, since I already had him make me a bass preamp that I like, just a 6xKT88 power/slave head. Nick convinced me that it was pretty much the same amount of money and work to make a whole head and I could just put a slave input on it. Wise words indeed!

That's exactly what he told me hahahaha I had the Annunaki head specifically built to slave to a 300w and he still insisted on atleast putting volume / bass / treble on there. Then I ran out of funds and had a 3rd kid.... Luckily I had just enough stuff to sell to pickup this second one but now I'm completely out of any gear I don't use on a regular basis, and my gear fund is at zero with no refueling in sight.

VOLVO)))

I love Nick. He has solved so many problems for me via text messages it's pathetic. I should pay him a monthly diagnostic fee. Hopefully I can afford one of his amps, one day.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ancient

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 24, 2013, 03:49:27 PM
I love Nick. He has solved so many problems for me via text messages it's pathetic. I should pay him a monthly diagnostic fee. Hopefully I can afford one of his amps, one day.

Welcome to the club hahahaha He will truly become the Dumble of Doom one day, so much knowledge its not even funny. Especially when it comes to amps.

VOLVO)))

He has helped me fix more than amps, heh.

Damn proficient player, too. All his bass amps sound like Weedeater tone.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ancient

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 24, 2013, 04:06:07 PM
He has helped me fix more than amps, heh.

Damn proficient player, too. All his bass amps sound like Weedeater tone.

Same here!

I know right? But good luck getting him to accept that positive feedback hahaha Really? I felt that DA200 he built for Adam, the guy who built the black cabs on the last page, was nothing like Dixie's tone. The solid state preamp he built for me could easily summon WE tones though.

BrianDamage

Just put in my order for a Squire classic vibe 50's telecaster and deluxe reverb reissue. Will post pics when they arrive.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

dunwichamps

lol okay guys enough

But for real jake, stop breaking shit

VOLVO)))

I don't break shit, Honky. I fix shit with your help. hahaha. ::) ;D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

the_brow

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on September 24, 2013, 02:10:45 PM
Picked up one of these http://www.alesis.com/videotrack for doing practice recordings, more for the stereo condensors than the video, its was on offer at Farnell where I order electrical bits. So using it to do amp demos, quick one of me checking a burman I jsut did up works, jsut to get the hang of video stuff, need to use the mic sensitivity switch some:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im5Lbw4x0GE

interesting, picture quality seems a lot better than the Zoom Q3.  Have you tried it in low light conditions?

Lip

What does one of your builds go for Nick? For instance - a 200 watt bass build - roughly anyhow?
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

MichaelZodiac

Got a DOD250 today, kinda neat to have just that extra bit of bite to put my fuzz pedals over. Works great as a base sound. I'll see on the weekend how it sounds with my live equipment.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

showdown

A pair of Zhangbucker P90s for my Thinline project, these should be good.

neighbor664

Separated at birth!
I bought the head new in 93. I've almost sold it a few times but never had the heart to go through with it. I just got the matching cab off of eBay.

neighbor664

If anyone comes across a Classic 50 1x15 cab please alert me.

Pissy

I like where your head is sir.
Vinyls.   deal.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

I also just bought a Crate GX130C for 85 bucks. Old-school death metal tone, all day.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

I've got my Randal RG200ES for that.
No Focus Pocus

Lip

Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

johnny problem

There is a Guild Starfire for sale at one of the local shops.  I just dont have the 1900 their asking for it.  Haven't tried it yet, but I know already that it's beyond gold.

everdrone

Quote from: Ancient on September 23, 2013, 04:14:39 PM
Quote from: The Shocker on September 21, 2013, 05:42:49 PM
You fagmos need to cut it out.

Suck it!

You the man Mark!

Sweet score! I got my Quantum Mystic on Friday and love it. I recorded a short clip of it I'll post at the bottom of this post.

But its small potatoes compared to what's coming in this weekend.....

Picking up my second Dunwich! It's got a NMV GT120 style preamp and a Model T PI / Power amp section. 2xKT88's at 100 watts. Fucking excited! Should pair nicely with my other Dunwich or my Verellen.

Here's a short clip with the Quantum Mystic running into it from when I tried it out through my rig over the past weekend:

that dunwich sounded great ;)

Ancient

Picked up an RV-3 from a good friend over the weekend:

And a pic of the new amp all setup with its big brother:

Vid of the two amps together using a Verellen Skyhammer Pre for Dirt:

I took another vid of just the Wizard that I will try and get uploaded tonight.