Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

He made that one himself. I've been talking to him about it via facebook. I asked him if he could do Ironbird/mockinbird wings. (he said yes.) They're interchangable according to him. So it can conceivably be shape you want it, since it's neckthru.

But yeah, he seems a real sweet guy, and for not being totally set up for it at all times, the prices are pretty damn reasonable. Makes me wish my Marshall would sell, even faster, now. I kind of want to toss him a deposit, so he can get started.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

AgentofOblivion

Quote from: Ancient on September 30, 2013, 09:48:00 AM

Vid of the two amps together using a Verellen Skyhammer Pre for Dirt:

I took another vid of just the Wizard that I will try and get uploaded tonight.

I find it funny that despite the ridiculously massive rig, impractical for most purposes, I can still hear the acoustic guitar bleeding through whatever mic you're using.  You must have both of those amps on 0.1.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Ancient

Quote from: AgentofOblivion on October 02, 2013, 07:23:01 PMI find it funny that despite the ridiculously massive rig, impractical for most purposes, I can still hear the acoustic guitar bleeding through whatever mic you're using.  You must have both of those amps on 0.1.

They were both on 0.1 ..... Oh the joys of having a new born in the house  :( We had them on 2 and my wife came down and said she could feel the vibrations in my two week old daughters body upstairs... and well she kinda means more to me than volume.

Quote from: RAGER on October 02, 2013, 08:56:59 PM
Those amps go to 0.11.

Only on days when I'm alone in the house  ;D

AgentofOblivion

Some day you'll be able to put them on 3 and that will be a great day.

Ancient

Quote from: AgentofOblivion on October 04, 2013, 10:34:35 AM
Some day you'll be able to put them on 3 and that will be a great day.

I've had the Annunaki on 6 or 7 and it was glorious, but one day soon (when my wife goes back to work) I'll be able to crank both of them up.

RAGER

It's interesting that since I haven't really been doing the band thing and playing full volume 2-3 times a week that when I do crank up the Marshall or Orange it kinda hurts. :-\
No Focus Pocus

James1214

New (to me) rig, tuck n roll bitches!!!!!!!

Earth Super bass/b2000 $100, apparently the amp is from 1970 or thereabouts

Kustom 315 $50 no idea how old....

words

MichaelZodiac

"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Corey Y

Mail carrier just brought me a present...

New Dunwich Cthulhu Fuzz! Gonna give it a test tonight.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Jake

I've always wanted a Kustom 3x15. Can't believe you scored one for $50! Just what the heck is the impedance on thems things anyways?
poop.

James1214

No idea on impedance, honestly I didn't look. My goal was getting it to the studio after I picked it up. I'll get some details on it for ya tomorrow. I know the guy used it with the SuperBass for 6-7 years and never had a problem, so I probably won't change a thing (except tubes).

Also got this sweet flying v for a buck at Goodwill, I'm a shredder now.... apparently

words

neighbor664

Quote from: James1214 on October 08, 2013, 02:19:46 PM
No idea on impedance, honestly I didn't look. My goal was getting it to the studio after I picked it up. I'll get some details on it for ya tomorrow. I know the guy used it with the SuperBass for 6-7 years and never had a problem, so I probably won't change a thing (except tubes).

Also got this sweet flying v for a buck at Goodwill, I'm a shredder now.... apparently

Holy shit, that's awesome! You should fix up a paper shredder to look like an amp for the the ultimate "shredder" rig.

Jake

Awesome shredder!

Picked up a stripped-down Epiphone EB-3 (the version w/ the 34" scale) set neck+body a month or so ago for $20 on Craig's. Been loading it up with parts from eBay here and there and now this is what it looks like with a grand total of $90. Just have the pickguard and back cover left to go, but it's growing on me as is.

Sound like a wooly mammoth.

poop.

James1214

words

RAGER

eyeballing these.  especially the ring mod.

No Focus Pocus

Corey Y

Quote from: RAGER on October 08, 2013, 07:16:40 PM

Yeah, just saw these this morning. I'm itching for the delay and the drive sounded pretty good too.

Glitchyghost

Those Hex amps are made by a local wizard out here named Ned Clayton.  He's also the one who made Gentry's splitter/phase inverter that people are all gaga over.  Gentry and Tyler then make the head cabinets at the shop.   My band shares the practice space with Eagle Twin, which is also the same place they make the cabs.  Everyone's gear is pretty much now coated in saw dust for all eternity.

eddiefive10

Quote from: Corey Y on October 08, 2013, 07:24:40 PM
Quote from: RAGER on October 08, 2013, 07:16:40 PM

Yeah, just saw these this morning. I'm itching for the delay and the drive sounded pretty good too.

Alright I'm lost what brand are these??

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Ancient

Finished my latest Tele build last night:

Relic'd WD Music Alder Body
MIM Telecaster maple neck
Glendale no-cut bridge (compensated brass saddles on the outside, straight steel in the middle)
Squier satin tuners
5 hole bakelite pickguard
Fender Vintage Noiseless Neck Pickup
500k CTS pots with Orange Drop cap
Callaham String tree
D'Addario .12-.60's in C standard

MichaelZodiac

Very neat looking. How does that pickup perform on its own?
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Danny G

My first new gear acquisition in quite some time:

Plan to make use of it in my instrumental project Ocean of Stars, and probably not much else.
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

AgentofOblivion

That tele looks pretty sweet man.  I like the amp knob.