Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on October 10, 2013, 03:49:06 PM
Very neat looking. How does that pickup perform on its own?

It does pretty good! I wanted something Young Widows / Earth esque in tones and it does it in spades while being completely silent (its a "vintage noiseless"). It loves my Marsh Chapel (a 70's LBMP clone) and the clean tones are amazing.

Quote from: AgentofOblivion on October 11, 2013, 10:04:23 AM
That tele looks pretty sweet man.  I like the amp knob.

Thanks! I put witch hats on everything hahaha

JemDooM

Iv been wanting to try that loop station....

If I shared a practise space with Eagle Twin I'd make my own cab to hide in so I could geg in on their practises...
DooM!

James1214

I use a TC electronics Ditto looper. I dig its meat and potatoes approach.
words

RAGER

Picked up an MF-102 off CL this morning with an expression pedal.

No Focus Pocus

James1214

Got down to the studio today and hooked up the new rig. Totally rips. Hooked up my multimeter to the 315 kustom and it  reads 4 ohms. So theres your answer Jake.
words

johnny problem

Danny G

Finally got to mess around with the RC-2 Loop Station I got.

Holy shit. Even with as basic and bare-bones as it is, this will be a game changer for my instrumental band Ocean of Stars

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

taylo)))r

Just had a new bridge, avedisian humbucker, and new locking tuners installed in my Tele. It is now a Doom machine.

(insert interesting quote)

AgentofOblivion

Nice.  Which switching/pickup combo options do you have?

taylo)))r

Quote from: AgentofOblivion on October 17, 2013, 12:19:36 PM
Nice.  Which switching/pickup combo options do you have?

It's a 5 way selector. So first position all humbucker, second is mix between bridge humbucker and middle (strat), middle is all three which actually sounds really awesome and twangy, fourth is split between the middle strat and neck tele, fifth is all bridge tele. That little switch in the middle is a kill switch someone installed before I owned it.
(insert interesting quote)

Stonergrunge

Quote from: RAGER on October 08, 2013, 07:16:40 PM
eyeballing these.  especially the ring mod.

I find really hard to believe that, in the case of the Ring Mod, there's only one knob to control the effect itself (Freq) while in the original Ring Mod there are 3 knobs and two panel switches... is it just me or did they sacrifice too many parameters in the mini version?
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

RAGER

Now that I own an original mf-102 I'm wondering the same thing.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Got one of these today.  Can;t wait to get home and try it out.

No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

I kinda want one of those.

RAGER

Gonna be a lot of fun.  Good thing to practice my drums to.  I've been wanting a looper for a long time.  One came up on CL so I jumped on it.
No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

Id try and use it like a foot controlled sampler rather than a compositional device.

RAGER

I'll probably do that too as the other way can get pretty repetitive but either way it'll be useful.  If I really like it I may step up to the EHX 2880.  It's more of a desktop deal with a foot controller.  Fuck, who knows.  I have a lot of hair brained ideas often.  I just bought a bunch of synths and all I've accomplished is having fun and getting really confused.
No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

oh yeah, I could see you have some fun with that thing and your synths.

Those little synths like the microkorg and alesis shoulda had little loopers built in..they have sequencers but a more immediate loop function would be amazing on those.

RAGER

I'm really dumb about this stuff so I have to be careful about redundancy.  I've nearly bought some shit that did some stuff that some other gear already did.  If that makes sense.  I don't even have a grasp of midi and I been doing this shit for 30 fuckin years.
No Focus Pocus

Stonergrunge

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Lip

You guys that are into the loopstations - you should check out Slugfuct's ambient project - Claymation - he runs a stereo rig with several loop stations and build layers of ambient soundscapes - shit is awesome.
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

Jake

Linky, please. (Google was a bust.)

Also, new bleeg pickguard made my parts Tele look kinda tough.

poop.

Lip

Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

RAGER

Got myself a birthday present.  Korg Electribe MX. Synth, sequencer, drum machine, fun.  Yes those are 12ax7's that don't do a damn thing.

No Focus Pocus

Andrew Blakk

I bought one of these just a couple of weeks ago. But I haven't tried it properly yet. Got a bit stressed about our upcoming gig so I went back to my Ibanez de-7 instead.
But I'll get there eventually.