Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Foxen

I didn't need another bass, but ali neck for under £100:

VOLVO)))

75$ and 90$, for b25b and the Beta lead.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

gz omlet.

that is a beauty.

edit: jake, do yourself a favor, stay away from the fret tape this time. haha

edits: oh yeah back on topic. bought the last of 400 feet of 14gauge speaker wire, to wire 4 sets of stereo wires to the front of the music room.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Beta Cloud

just scored me a 2013 sg standard in ebony.
gorgeous in every way, the rosewood board is probably the most beautiful i've ever seen.
57 classic pups; mean fuckers. 60's neck.  
my favorite neck of all my gibsons.
i got it for $750 on craigslist. fucking unreal. i'm still in disbelief.

this shall pair well with my existing 06' sg standard cherry work horse.

my les paul shall be neglected for a while.

*loading the bong in praise*
why does it hurt when i pee?

Jake

My guess is butterscotch blonde.
poop.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

Jake!  You didn't make your bed this morning!  Sorry.  I had to. :D
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

mutantcolors

I'm in Moscow fucking ID for 6 weeks finishing off my degree after being evacuated from Bangkok. Stopped in the local guitar store to grab some picks, and an acoustic called out to me. It told me to play it.

Some days of pining and haggling and scratching my head where I'd find the money or what I'd sell, I was doing my taxes. Opened up a mortgage statement, and there at the bottom was a check for an escrow surplus big enough to buy this beauty and have cash left over. After all these years of thinking "someday I'll get a nice acoustic..."

1971 Hofner 496 for $650. I'm in love. Best instrument I've ever laid hands on.

MichaelZodiac

Jake, sell me that Beta Lead  ;D
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Omlet

Uhhh Beta Lead... I've never seen one in Europe for sell... :(

About this tele, I love it. And its nitro finish that already started to wear off :D

dogfood

Quote from: AgentofOblivion on March 28, 2014, 10:25:53 AM
Are PAF's the same as the '57s that Gibson puts in their, say, Historic 335s?  If so, I wasn't a fan.  I had them completely lowered and they were still too hot.  Sounded great on the JCM 800, but shitty on my Stonecutter and Fender amps.

Looking at a Gibson chart and they are saying that the 57 classic is Alnico 2 at 8.15 ohm and a 57 classic plus is Alnico 2 at 8.52 ohms.  The alnico 2s should be hotter (hotter is not entirely the correct word but shall suffice for this sentence.) than a PAF with an alnico 4 or 5.  This combination of Ohms/Alnico 2 is, on the internet, considered to be a desired pickup due to the hair it brings to a cleanish amp such as a bassman (Clapton never had access to a Soldano for good or bad).  Also, rolling back the volume on virtually any humbucker is a reality.
Problem solving whiskey!

VOLVO)))

It's all yours MIchael :)

Mostly finished sorting (fuck you Oli, I talk to you on facebook to much) this B25B... the fuck. it's incredible.

The beta lead is also working and incredibly loud... wow

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

Wait how much for that Beta?  I gotta be closer than than mike.
No Focus Pocus

Mr. Foxen

I have a beta lead on the way.

VOLVO)))

Hahaha, I will divulge a weird squeal when using the "both" input with the gain above 5.

But if you use A or B, it's quiet at idle and deafening at 2 on the volume. It is without a doubt the loudest combo ive ever heard. I dunno how much, yet (i really want to bro deal, but i also want it to pay for the b25b Nd requisite repairs so I ultimately get it for free...) I also am sad that im going to sell it so soon...

I'll probably move on the B25b after I'm convinced it's in usable shape.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Shit, browsing the sleazebay's prices, I feel like I should let the goddamn beta lead sit a while until its worth 1100$ lol

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

Remembered wrong, Concert lead.

VOLVO)))

Still good sounding! I really dug mine.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

So, both amps work now. I posted them for sale on the facebooks ultra amp group that I admin. If they both sell, I'm going to use that money to buy more shit to fix and sell.

EDIT: People desperately jocking this beta lead. I'll probably get 400$ out of it.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

AgentofOblivion

What's the link to this facebook group?  I have some amps I'm looking to unload.