Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bandit

Quote from: Jake on May 10, 2014, 03:49:29 PM
An out of the blue NGD here. I can't say what I paid for this weird Vox SG type thingee (in case I want to sell it here someday), but it wasn't much. Especially for what a serious rock machine this thing is.

Nice, I've been considering trading for the next model up (no buying SunnJake I swear).  You like the bridge, neck, etc?

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Pissy on May 10, 2014, 10:09:11 PMI'm actually a fan of embracing that desire rather than squelching it.  Be honest though... brown on cream,  yes?  

Brown on cream....

yes.

I do have leather. I probably won't be able to tool it up to my standard, though. Pickguard is fucking huge. At least with acid I can pick and replicate a proper design.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

Picked up an Arturia beatstep sequencer/pad controller today.  it's a blast.

No Focus Pocus

AgentofOblivion

I see things like that and have no idea what they even do. 

RAGER

I'm not too far a head of you but I'm learning.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Yeah, the other day I was in Asheville and walked into the Moog store. Cool looking stuff, and the dude was all "try out anything you want!!"  I couldn't figure out anything. Nothing. Caveman on the Enterprise.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

See, the thing I like about Moog is that there is usually a knob on the panel that controls something.  You don't have to dive for a parameter change.  If you guys can figure out a daw then you'd be able to figure out some damn knobs.

The above controller is actually pretty damn simple.  That's why I got it.  It's 16 step sequencer.  16 pads and 16 correlating knobs.  Each pad is a note when you start it.  Be it 1/4 notes through to 1/32 notes.  Each knobs oes to the assigned pad.  It's an encoder that you can change pitch with.  You can adjust the pitch changes from chromatic scale, dorian, minor, major, blues, myx, harmonic minor or one of your choice.  you can change the length of the sequence, add rests and such.  you're not stuck with the 16 steps so can in effect change time signatures.  The big knob is transpose and tempo.  it also acts as a controller for software synth but I don't really do software stuff.  Pretty much just hardware.

It's a lot of fun.
No Focus Pocus

Jake

It's not the prettiest thing, but it's a beast. Zildjian Z 24" Heavy Power Ride.

poop.

Discö Rice

Just picked up an electric cello. I <3 it.

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

dogfood

Got my new pick ups in the mail box, can't wait to slap'm in and hear them.  Sheptone Tribute Gold lightly scuffed up.  Can't fucking wait!
Problem solving whiskey!

jibberish

a cello looks like fun. i always wanted to take a crack at playing one.

the pharaoh supreme showed up promptly. it is beautiful. do i really have to step on it? mark sent me a shirt too. very cool.
now to get to playing with it....

VOLVO)))

Buy a bed... Or a les paul custom...

Obvious winner

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

I been packin around a flip n fuck for the last 25 years in case of this very thing.
No Focus Pocus

The Bandit

RAGER

Holy fuck I forgot to tell.  I got my SE-1.  Studio Electronics for those not in the know. Makers of Boomstar and lots of other cool shit.  This thing is oooo super bad ass.  My weekend so I have time to jam on it.  Talk about clean oscillators.  super big fat bass.  All the hip hop prod. dudes have these an lust for them if they don't.  Slike a minimoog.  I will have that Sub 37 in the fall when they come out but unitl then this thing is bad to the bone.  Got it through the Beatstep currently and playing drums to it.

hello
No Focus Pocus

BrianDamage

Will be picking up a 1970's Gibson Grabber this evening. Gonna get my Gene Simmons on! Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

Stonergrunge

I'm going to test the living hell out of this little yellow bastard.

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

liquidsmoke

Gallien-Krueger 410BLX for $150. Heavy and cheap(not ply) and it would take two of them to get serious volume but the low end is there. Worth the money.

dogfood

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 16, 2014, 07:23:28 PM

Obvious winner

How long before you sell the Custom?  Days or Hours?
Problem solving whiskey!

VOLVO)))

Quote from: dogfood on May 20, 2014, 11:39:43 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on May 16, 2014, 07:23:28 PM

Obvious winner

How long before you sell the Custom?  Days or Hours?

Are you implying I'm fickle, make rash financial decisions and that this guitar is too good for me?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mortlock

beautiful les paul. nice score!! do not get rid of it..

liquidsmoke

Jake that Vox SG looks sick. Want.

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

^ MF was selling these for $200 new at some point last year. Damn.