Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

So super excited!!  I'm picking something up after work that many of you will probably think is a waste of money.  I'll give you a hint.  It starts with an "M" and ends with a "G" as in M**g
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

a Mule Dong?  Totally worth the money. ;D
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Yes!  See that's the positive affirmation I need.  Thanks Pissy.
No Focus Pocus

Corey Y

Quote from: RAGER on May 24, 2014, 12:41:32 PM
So super excited!!  I'm picking something up after work that many of you will probably think is a waste of money.  I'll give you a hint.  It starts with an "M" and ends with a "G" as in M**g

MOOG? What model?

RAGER

Well I'm getting a Sub 37 in the fall when they ship but that's not what I'm getting tonight. You'll just have to wait and see
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Gonna give one of these a go.  Picked it up this afternoon.  I have much to learn.  Amazing how such a simple instrument can yield such complexity.

Vinyls.   deal.

Metal and Beer

Musician's Friend + 200 bucks = huge red flag for me, which carries a bit of irony since I'm a pinko. "You just hate 'em because they're popular!!1" Okay, I'll elaborate: The materials are probably gathered in dubious fashion from financially vulnerable areas of the globe and processed in unethical methods for profit spike and no other endgame.

I still love Les Paul Customs, despite disdain for modern-ish era Gibson
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Lumpy

Quote from: Pissy on May 24, 2014, 04:08:10 PM
Gonna give one of these a go.  Picked it up this afternoon.  I have much to learn.  Amazing how such a simple instrument can yield such complexity.

Indeed. It's not too hard to honk around, but to be really good... man, I can't even figure out how people can get their mouths to do those things. (I'm kind of a lazy talker though, so I'm already starting at a deficit).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Blues harp was my first instrument as a kid.  My oldr sisters boyfriend was pretty good with one and I worshiped him cuz I had no brothers.  I can still blow a harp ok. 

Anyways here it is.  MF 104M

No Focus Pocus

OR73

Quote from: Metal and Beer on May 24, 2014, 05:53:23 PM
Musician's Friend + 200 bucks = huge red flag for me, which carries a bit of irony since I'm a pinko. "You just hate 'em because they're popular!!1" Okay, I'll elaborate: The materials are probably gathered in dubious fashion from financially vulnerable areas of the globe and processed in unethical methods for profit spike and no other endgame.

I still love Les Paul Customs, despite disdain for modern-ish era Gibson

I ONLY buy guitars made from third world people.
I' rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Corey Y

Quote from: RAGER on May 24, 2014, 10:10:36 PM

Anyways here it is.  MF 104M

Color me jealous, those delays are killer.

RAGER

Enjoying it as we speak.  I will explore the midi side of things tomorrow.  Right now I'm just playing it through my Studio Electronics SE-1 which is basically a Mini Moog.  Sweet rich decaying delays with sample and fucking hold?  jeebus.  Worth the dough.  It's more of an instrument than just a delay pedal really.
No Focus Pocus

Mr. Foxen

Jake

I remember seeing those (maybe in the mid-90s?) and thinking they were super cool looking. Very futuristic. Give us some details about them and the idea behind that unique baffle and configuration, etc.
poop.

eyeprod

yeah, wow those are cool looking cabinets.

those delays are indeed sweet, Rager. Hope you got a deal on it! they're way spendy
CV - Slender Fungus

Pissy

Quote from: Jake on May 25, 2014, 10:10:21 AM
Give us some details about them and the idea behind that unique baffle and configuration, etc.

Vinyls.   deal.

James1214

are those 312 cabinets? fuckin awesome/wierd i dig the strange cabinets. my 315 kustom is gigantic, literally in the size sense and in the sound sense.
words

johnny problem

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on May 25, 2014, 09:36:13 AM

These things are ridiculous.  The fucking combinations you could do with both cabs.  Fucking pyramids, man.

everdrone

just pulled the trigger on ezdrummer expansion packs for latin and blues, and also got a zoom q2hd, alert as of 5/25/2014 for these sales:

TOONTRACK EZDRUMMER EXPANSION PACKS: $40

ALERT!  ONLY $40 EACH!!! SALE THIS MONDAY.  I ordered the latin and blues kits through amazon, checkit out http://www.toontrack.com/product-category/ezdrummerline/

ZOOM Q2HD VIDEO AND/ OR AUDIO RECORDER $80
ALERT, I AM POSTING THIS AS OF 5/25/2014.  I just pulled the trigger on one at sam ash: http://www.samash.com/zoom-q2-hd-handy-video-recorder-zq2hdxxxx?cm_mmc=GoogleShopping-_-Hot%20Deals-_-Channeladvisor-_-Zoom+Q2+HD+Handy+Video+Recorder&utm_source=GSH&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=Channeladvisor&CAWELAID=1594755716&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=500002510000014029&cadevice=c&gclid=COn2nsKPxr4CFeZaMgodIHgABw 

it records audio only as well.  the clips on youtube have great sound!  you can mount it to a mic stand.

these things have superb sound quality etc etc maybe they are surpassed by newer and better and more expensive but at this price point I am needing one!!!  here is a clip, you hear all the musical nuances and not a lot of clipping at all , AMAZEBALLZ:

RAGER

I ain't clickin' on anything says "Smooth Jazz"
No Focus Pocus

everdrone

motley crue with zoom q2hd:

Mr. Foxen

I remember seeing those (maybe in the mid-90s?) and thinking they were super cool looking. Very futuristic. Give us some details about them and the idea behind that unique baffle and configuration, etc.

Upward facing one for the player to hear, sideways ones for everyone else to hear, means no beam of death for anyone in front of the cab whilst the player hears no treble. Basically the peak of guitar cab design, but guitarists hear with their eyes, and only want marshall stacks, even though those are bass rigs. Speakers are V30s with custom impedance.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on May 26, 2014, 10:27:07 AM
Upward facing one for the player to hear, sideways ones for everyone else to hear, means no beam of death for anyone in front of the cab whilst the player hears no treble.

Dig.

everdrone

smooth jazz? lol guess your not down with my green smoothie and yoga matt lifestyle either  ;D
Quote from: Mr. Foxen on May 26, 2014, 10:27:07 AM

Upward facing one for the player to hear, sideways ones for everyone else to hear, means no beam of death for anyone in front of the cab whilst the player hears no treble. Basically the peak of guitar cab design, but guitarists hear with their eyes, and only want marshall stacks, even though those are bass rigs. Speakers are V30s with custom impedance.

awesome cab for this reason, cheers :)