Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everdrone

I wonder what the weight of each 312 is?  they are really cool!  with a full stack I am sure the guitarist will hear his stack?  I plan to get two 212s and stack them, they are horizontal so maybe taller and closer to my ears and I hope to hear them ok, maybe I will need to use my amp stand with customizable angle to aim at my ears at practice, planning to get these two cabs that this guy owns:

also, avatar has these but I am not quite ready for em:

Mr. Foxen

Pair of 2x12 vertical so all the speakers in a line is kind of ideal, if you use a narrow head, it doesn't look too wrong either. I was gonna get some BFM XF2x12s but these came up instead. 3x12s are MDF so pretty heavy.

liquidsmoke

Some companies make slant 2x12s. Or you dial in your tone with your face in the speakers and then stay conscious of the fact that it's not as dark as it sounds when you are standing up. Could also build a stand so your rig is higher.

Metal and Beer

Quote from: OR73 on May 24, 2014, 10:27:38 PM
Quote from: Metal and Beer on May 24, 2014, 05:53:23 PM
Musician's Friend + 200 bucks = huge red flag for me, which carries a bit of irony since I'm a pinko. "You just hate 'em because they're popular!!1" Okay, I'll elaborate: The materials are probably gathered in dubious fashion from financially vulnerable areas of the globe and processed in unethical methods for profit spike and no other endgame.

I still love Les Paul Customs, despite disdain for modern-ish era Gibson

I ONLY buy guitars made from third world people.

Free Markets Fuck Yeah !
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

everdrone

cool, 70 pounds of mayhem!!!  ya Ill just be conscious of the darker sound, maybe Ill bring in my amp stand to practice, cheers :)

also I sent an email to Matamp, I always dug their 212 stacks:

liquidsmoke

I have these and they sound big. About 65 lbs each loaded. Very easy to hear with the slant on top. They will do custom sizes for an up charge.

http://www.stagecraftgear.com/servlet/the-20/Black-Jack-212ST-Diagonal/Detail

http://www.stagecraftgear.com/servlet/the-13/Black-Jack-212SL-Diagonal/Detail

liquidsmoke

But for about the same price(plus the cost of 4 extra speakers) you could get 3 of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G212STcp-E-2x12-Dual-12-Straight-Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet-Empty-/251012383810?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a71810442

and one of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X12-Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet-Empty-G212SL-BCP-/350544450988

$39 extra per cab for tolex. US made. This dude also will do custom sizes.

everdrone

wow thanks brutha I need to do that, way cheaper that way :)

liquidsmoke

Same dude here but these are listed as 16" deep and loaded

http://www.440live.com/products/category/7

Metal and Beer

:::deep breath::::  Okay. If you only have to lift them for ninety seconds, in, then ninety seconds out of a show, WHO CARES IF THEY'RE HEAVY?!? Get your drummer to grab the opposing handle if you're gonna break a nail, he's a drummer !

Fuck, were you nancies SINGERS originally ?

:P  <----that guy

liquidsmoke

Nancicore forever! Carbon fiber neo cabs!

everdrone

Quote from: liquidsmoke on May 27, 2014, 11:47:38 PM
Nancicore forever! Carbon fiber neo cabs!

lol NACICORE!!!  Carbon fiber neo cabs 4 life!

the other songwriter scale practicers that get on a STAGE to put on a SHOW and make people HAPPY are not as hardcore ;)

justJon

Quote from: Metal and Beer on May 27, 2014, 08:52:08 PM
:::deep breath::::  Okay. If you only have to lift them for ninety seconds, in, then ninety seconds out of a show, WHO CARES IF THEY'RE HEAVY?!? Get your drummer to grab the opposing handle if you're gonna break a nail, he's a drummer !

There it is....We hit things with sticks all day...We'll surely not be intimidated by picking things up at the beginning/ending of the night.

And stop calling me Shirley!
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

Lumpy

If you're going to pursue an absurd musical vision, you can't expect everything to be convenient too.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

liquidsmoke

I've begun stealing carbon fiber hoods from tuner cars and am going to build cabs out of them.

Metal and Beer

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

AgentofOblivion

Found a dude selling a Strat Ultra for cheap on the NC craigslist.  After exchanging e-mails with him for about a month (and searching for other strat ultras every day since) I finally got him to list it up on Reverb.com and I snatched that motherfucker up quick.  In all my searching of the internet I could find 2 or 3 strat ultras and they were all over $1600 and had non-original parts.  The guy was super nice, it just took him awhile because he was busy with other stuff.  I'm glad it all worked out.  I'll post pictures once I get it in my hands and cleaned up.

RAGER

Picked up a '71-'73 Supraphonic 14" x 5.5"  Now all my set is 60's 70's Ludwig.  Got it pretty cheap cuz it's engrave with "Property of United Methodist Church"  in the Alameda neighborhood of North Portland with the address and phone number. :D  Imma finna exorcise the God outta it.

No Focus Pocus

Corey Y

Quote from: RAGER on May 30, 2014, 01:45:35 PM
Imma finna exorcise the God outta it.

Blastbeats will get that out quick.

jibberish

so i'm getting CL shopping dialed in. most people will drop it off for an extra $50 haha.
for example, a behringer 2440 4buss mixer is showing up whenever the dude brings it. he only wanted $100. still a steal for $150.

i'm also getting the used gear from GC dialed in. they will bring the stuff into the store and expedite it. I would have to pay packing and shipping regardless on used. only additional cost is the local sales tax but they chase it the whole way.

so I am on the wait for amps from gc. meanwhile I snagged a nice little schecter string thru with emg;s and cool bat inlays for 2 bills.  schecter is way underrated. this thing played so nice thru a big fender master gain combo. It even had a strap. haha. I already bought a small pile of straps from the local place. I got sick of not having one on every guitar I might possibly play.

i'm a drum tard, but I know the name ludwig

RAGER

Are you familiar with the blue and olive badge?
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Quote from: RAGER on May 30, 2014, 03:25:03 PM
Are you familiar with the blue and olive badge?

The Park Police wear them 'round here.
Livin' The Life.

mutantcolors

More thoroughly set up. 7x13, 10, 8, 16, 24. That kick is a thunder machine.

Headshrinker