Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

poop.

mutantcolors

I'm digging it a lot, loud and punchy as hell. I used to have a 6 ply birch Masters series and this thing easily competes or beats it. The only thing missing was the front kick hoop, and I should probably put on a real head before I bust that original reso the previous owner put on there, but good 24" are damn near 50 bucks now.

Metal and Beer

...and two ACC's, one for each side !
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Headshrinker

Quote from: mutantcolors on May 31, 2014, 12:56:49 PMI used to have a 6 ply birch Masters series and this thing easily competes or beats it.

Perhaps that's a bit of an exaggeration? Masters are more subtle, for sure.

tossom

My newest toy, a bargain at £30.  I have been having great fun getting drunk, plugging my strat in and then pretending I'm Robin Trower ;D

Had fancied having a flanger since I was about 16, only took me 14 years to buy one.
"Beige rock"

justJon

Quote from: Headshrinker on June 01, 2014, 10:03:45 AM
Quote from: mutantcolors on May 31, 2014, 12:56:49 PMI used to have a 6 ply birch Masters series and this thing easily competes or beats it.

Mmm... I had a pearl fiberglass concert tom kit in the 80's, and a Premier Artist series Birch about 10 yrs ago. The pearls were very bright, very loud! No subtlety at all.

The Premiers were also very bright, but if they were less loud, more subtle, it may have been more the fact that they were double headed, and I used coated heads on them, rather than the clear heads I used on the Pearls. I do recall being impressed with how articulate the Pearls were.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

RAGER

Looks like my supraphonic is a 1971 model so that's pretty sweet.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

And holy fuck does this Moog delay pedal do some crazy shit. It truly is an instrument of its own right. Thinking a midiMurf is next. Played with one yesterday. Anybody got a used one for sale?
No Focus Pocus

mutantcolors

Quote from: Headshrinker on June 01, 2014, 10:03:45 AM

Not really. They are both aggressive sounding kits with quite similar tone.

Oh, yeah, on the twin ACC's - the 450/2x15 stage left is mine, the 470/406 2x15 stage right is my bass players. We both had these rigs before we ever met, well actually, he was going to buy the 2x15 I got, but he blew speakers so he deferred to me. Now we have the best bass rigs in the county standing side by side, he runs them in stereo when we jam. Fucking monstrous.

jibberish

new little schecter player. Damien-6

rager, I scored this for $100.  behringer wtf2442. I went and picked it up after all since GC was almost directly on the way. lots of stereo channels for synths and plenty of mic guit inputs too. this should have been a bit more, but the new ones are only like $3-400 or so anyway.

finally scored a 2 ohm amp. QSC rmx850. these are nice. it was $150 from GC. I went in with $180 and lied that all I had was this 180, so if you want to do extrended war, ok, you can have it all. so he did it. so it was $180 out the door with 1 year extended warranty against anything heh.  it would have been about $162 or so with tax, so yeah. that was worth it.

eyeprod

just ordered some parts I need to make this...

lots of interesting fuzz and other schematics on this site. easy to build

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2013/03/dwarfcraft-devices-robot-devil.html#comment-form
CV - Slender Fungus

RAGER

Sounds like a rad pedal. Have fun building.
No Focus Pocus

apekillman

How come you have the toms reversed?

justJon

Quote from: jibberish on June 02, 2014, 03:21:56 PM
new little schecter player. Damien-6

Enjoy that little Schecter! I bought one of those for my son a couple years ago. He played the shit out of it for a couple years, then traded for a "Faded" SG. I recall it being a cool little axe, though!
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

mutantcolors

Quote from: apekillman on June 02, 2014, 10:57:17 PM
How come you have the toms reversed?
For one, to make it harder to do standard fills so i have to make up something more creative, for two because the 10 and 16 naturally tune together and those positions are a good ergonomic pairing. I don't use the 8 a whole lot.

jibberish

some day I will learn about drums thoroughly. too much on my plate right now. I have helped set up and move drums plenty, and had a POS set for my son in the day, but all the subtle stuff no. I would probably need to actually play on a set to really "get" it.
some day for sure. I don't want to miss out on that experience before I eat it for good.

if it doesn't rain, i'll test that amp out outside. punish the hood with some synth insanity.  but someone made a good point: don't show off 10 grand worth of gear publicly at your house. not that I have 10grand of stuff, but I have enough to catch some slimebag's attention if I get too opulent.

GC advertised the roland aira series but have no stock..tards. may have to phone sweetwater. I need to get a 12 step midi foot controller from them real soon anyway. key part to 1 man audio tapestry will be foot control of synths plus build my multi-latching sustain pedal. then I can start a pad and latch the sustain manually while I play busier stuff on the foot board and the keyboard. with MIDI mapping and keyboard splits and scaling I should be able to run 4 synths in real time with 4 or more additional modules chained via midi from each primary module.

edit: I would like to get a schecter "schele". someone linked a pic of a green one once. I have wanted it ever since I saw that. I kind of wanted a hardtail with emg's too. I almost bought a zakky bullseye epi lp. it played great and had emg's, but meh.  ya I really like these schecters. have 3 of them now.

RAGER

Got me a Waldorf Rocket yesterday.  Having lots of fun with it.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Why do my pics show upside down half the fucking time??  Godshifter????
No Focus Pocus

Mr. Foxen

Grabbed on ebay as spares or repair, blowing fuses randomly on turn on. Replaced the fast blow fuse with the slow blow it should have, plus couple of new preamp valves, seems fine now.

RAGER

I love shit like that. Have bought a few old cars with the points stuck shut that they thought the motor was blown.
No Focus Pocus

AgentofOblivion

I couldn't capture the flame in the top, but here's the Strat Ultra.  Lace Sensors are definitely different but I really dig them so far.  The switching on this guitar is awesome.  The third position is not the middle pickup, it's the neck/bridge combo like a telecaster.  Additionally there's a 3-way mini toggle switch for the bridge pickup such that you can choose the front coil, both (wired in phase, unlike a humbucker) or the rear coil.  Technically the bridge pickup is not a humbucker, but two single-coils wired in series.  The guitar is dead-quiet and versatile as hell.  I'm not a huge fan of the color but it's growing on me.

RacerX

Nice!

If I were to get a Strat, that would be the one: sunburst, rosewood fretboard, Lace Sensors.
Livin' The Life.

AgentofOblivion

In the interest of full disclosure, it's an ebony board :).  Not as dark and smooth as other ebony boards I've played with in the past (insert jokes here), but it's nice.  Another cool cosmetic feature is the saddles, nut and tuners are all chromed.  The only issues with it are pretty significant fret wear under the three bottom strings and one ding on the body.  Not too bad for something 23 years old and priced at any used American standard.

fallen

You're going to love that Ultra. I've had my Deluxe Plus for over 20 years and it's still playing great.

I think I posted this before but when you get a chance pull the pickguard and see if it's got that swimming pool route in the body. If it does and if you get bored of those single coils you can grab a dual humbucker pickguard off of eBay and load it up with two PAFs or a humbucker sized P90 in the neck or whatever and it's a 15 minute swap the next time you change strings. Or even quicker if you install a 3-way connector for the output and ground wire.

Actually I might do this myself again soon.

RAGER

Picked up a low pass filter this morning off CL.  Should be a lot of fun to run various things through.  It's an old one too.  Notice it says Bob Moog instead of "Moog".  made by his company called Big Briar at the time.

No Focus Pocus