Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

RAGER, regarding your pics, are you iPhone with windows?  And sometimes iPhone with Mac?

iPhone + Windows?  Does this sound like you?

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/why-does-my-iphone-take-upside-down-photos/
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Funny thing, I just now learned from that article that I could use the volume button as shudder release.  Derp.  Must be something else.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Got my Meeblip I pre-ordered.  haven;t had a chance to really check it out yet.

No Focus Pocus

everdrone

6/12/2014 at 3:40pm musicians friend stupid deal of the day http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?icid=205528  might not be for everyone but may help someone; I bought one today, yay!!! I have a bigger collection of software modelers now :cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54927[/ATTACH]

jibberish

I don't even think i'm going to mention shit I bought anymore. I have a steady pace of getting new gear. just got more killer amps/cables/controller stuff today and no one really gives a fuck anyway haha. also I don't want dogfood to rob me swat team gangsta style.

ps monobrow is pro as fuck. I have been a fan of them since I made a thread waaaay back in sr com land that he posted his songs in. those guys all have such nice touch, and to have them all together in a band no less. fuckers should be on the radio I swear.

edit: BTW, GC here has 3-fer-1 on cables for father's day weekend. so I grabbed a mic cable and 2 nice long molded guitar cables for $16. they let me mix the 2 types for the deal. so if you need to restock...not bad.

agent of change

Found a red North kit with two bass drums. They're slightly different color and thickness, but I was able to get them to sound pretty much the same. First time I've ever had double bass drums instead of double bass pedal. It's pretty awesome. Will be selling my black North kit pictured elsewhere. If I can't sell it, I might combine the two kits for an alternating red and black kit.

We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

everdrone

awesome!  that thing is outrageous!  way over the top  ;)

agent of change

Thanks, we keep focusing on getting more and more outrageous. Next I want to look into confetti cannons or something. Maybe fog machines somehow channeled through the drums... not sure yet.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

mutantcolors

You need to incorporate the confetti cannons into the drums, maybe you can trigger them to go off with the music or something hahaha.

Have a kick drum full of sparkles motherfuckers!

Headshrinker

Quote from: agent of change on June 14, 2014, 03:52:36 PM
Found a red North kit with two bass drums.

Ludwig Acrolite snare?

everdrone

lol I dig the slayer double bassdrum setup where strobe lights inside the bassdrums light up for every bassdrum hit

agent of change

Quote from: Headshrinker on June 16, 2014, 05:31:19 AM
Quote from: agent of change on June 14, 2014, 03:52:36 PM
Found a red North kit with two bass drums.

Ludwig Acrolite snare?

Yep good eye. Nailed in on Ebay for super cheap, with case.

RAGER

Picked up a new mixer.  Yamaha 16 channel 4 buss for a hundo.

No Focus Pocus

Headshrinker

Quote from: agent of change on June 16, 2014, 12:27:29 PM
Yep good eye. Nailed in on Ebay for super cheap, with case.

Excellent. They're a bit more difficult to obtain around here. That's why I got myself a 14x5.5" Japanese alternative:

eyeprod

got this killer rig today for $220. it's super loud and just great. cool tremolo and nice reverb too.
CV - Slender Fungus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Quote from: RAGER on June 12, 2014, 12:24:59 PM
Got my Meeblip I pre-ordered.  haven;t had a chance to really check it out yet.

How do you like that Anode? Is it easy to use? Versatile? Any complaints, or anything it does especially well?

Also:

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

First off the Anode is cheap but you probably know that. It's nothing super special but put it through some effects and it gets better. Layer it with another synth and better yet. It took me a bit to find where it sits in the mix. So if you want a super cheap synth buy one and a cheap controller and run it through a delay and phase and got a cheap and cool monosynth.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Picked up that Prophet 600 this morning.  Super cool synth.  Really nice shape.  Gonna play the shit out of it for a bit and find the bugs then tear into it for some cleaning and soem upgrades.

No Focus Pocus

eyeprod

CV - Slender Fungus

jibberish

sweet. that prophet should sound really nice.

edit: wow eyeprod, as of right now you own the "score of the year 2014"  award. that's going to be hard to beat that one.

Danny G

There's an Acoustic 150 rig just like you pictured in a store here for $600. Great score!

I just got a used SWR Bass 350 chrome face for about $300 at Guitar Center.

So far so good.

Have 28 more days to try it out and see if I want to keep it.

Have been needing a rackmount backup bass amp that I wouldn't mind gigging with if I had to, but also within the specific power handling of two different cabs.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

tombhex

Quote from: Danny G on July 11, 2014, 10:47:42 AM
There's an Acoustic 150 rig just like you pictured in a store here for $600. Great score!

I just got a used SWR Bass 350 chrome face for about $300 at Guitar Center.

So far so good.

Have 28 more days to try it out and see if I want to keep it.

Have been needing a rackmount backup bass amp that I wouldn't mind gigging with if I had to, but also within the specific power handling of two different cabs.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk

I was bumming one of those 350s from a buddy for a while there and I absolutely loved the thing. Sounded awesome with my Warwick and was super versatile. I was playing in a thrash band and a post-rock band with it at the time and it was just great.

tombhex

I picked this guy up recently when I needed my V4 for guitar duties elsewhere and I absolutely fucking love it. It SLAYS.

I also used some leftovers from my retro gaming collection/addiction to make this groovy case for it. It gets lots of love when I take it out to gigs. I still can't get over how lightweight and easy to carry it is... People hate solid state amps, but this thing is just perfect for me and what I want to do with it. I get lots of great comments on the tone I'm getting from it and I actually managed to get a pretty similar tone to the V4, so I'm very content with the purchase.

xander face

Motherfucking game gear.  I love it.