Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Me too. Me too. But it's not looking good for me to try to get that SGB back though. For a third time.
poop.

fallen

Well I didn't buy it the first time I saw it up for sale and then for the next year when I was on CL or eBay I'd be looking around for tobacco burst double cuts until it came up for sale again.

Anyway just letting everyone know it's being played often. Just plugged it through a treble boost yesterday and blasted out a bunch of Sabbath tunes. Some guy named "Orange Goblin" on the guitar backing tracks website has been uploading a bunch of great sabbath backing tracks.

Beta Cloud

Quote from: fallen on August 30, 2014, 01:47:43 PM
Well I didn't buy it the first time I saw it up for sale and then for the next year when I was on CL or eBay I'd be looking around for tobacco burst double cuts until it came up for sale again.

Anyway just letting everyone know it's being played often. Just plugged it through a treble boost yesterday and blasted out a bunch of Sabbath tunes. Some guy named "Orange Goblin" on the guitar backing tracks website has been uploading a bunch of great sabbath backing tracks.
very cool!
and do you have a link for the backing tracks site please?
why does it hurt when i pee?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Beta Cloud

why does it hurt when i pee?

fallen

Yeah that's the site. I'll post some links of a few favorites I've chugged along to recenty but first a few pro tips about that site.

1. Use an ad blocker because that site is wall to wall banners.
2. Look for the link below the player that allows you to download the tracks as MP3s. I sometimes play a guitar tuned to C# and sometimes one tuned to B. I like to download the funnest tracks and play them in a player that has pitch shift settings so I can tune the backing track down a step or step and a half. Shifting the tracks down different amounts is way quicker than re-tuning the guitar.

Recent favs:

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/black_sabbath/hand_of_doom.htm
http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/black_sabbath/into_the_void_(4).htm
http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/sleep/dragonaut.htm

Thanks "apefist" whoever you are!

agent of change

Scored an Earth Sound Research 2x15 cab for $25 today off Craigslist. Cost me about that much in gas too, driving there and back. My bass player is stoked! Needs new speakers but is in great condition overall for being 70s. Original list price was $75. Smooth talker, me.

We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

RAGER

6 oscillator drone synth.  fun little noise box.

No Focus Pocus

eyeprod

nice score on that cool cab!

rager. did that thing come with instructions? haha

CV - Slender Fungus

RAGER

There's absolutely no writing on it whatsoever.  Each switch is just high-off-low.  Each switch corresponds with a knob for the oscillator.  The top two knobs are volume and kind of a VCF/cutoff/resonance thingey.
No Focus Pocus

eyeprod

ah, well i hoped that it was easy to figure out. i've thought about building something along those lines
CV - Slender Fungus

spookstrickland

Quote from: agent of change on August 31, 2014, 11:24:25 PM
Scored an Earth Sound Research 2x15 cab for $25 today off Craigslist. Cost me about that much in gas too, driving there and back. My bass player is stoked! Needs new speakers but is in great condition overall for being 70s. Original list price was $75. Smooth talker, me.

Nice score man! so fucking bad ass, Me want one so bad for my man cave!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Corey Y

1980 Ibanez ST50, picked up locally...

The Shocker

eyeprod

I love my st-50. what did you pay for it?
CV - Slender Fungus

Jake

Nice. How's the neck on that sucker?
poop.

Corey Y

Quote from: eyeprod on September 07, 2014, 06:27:11 PM
I love my st-50. what did you pay for it?

I'm loving it so far, way more than I expected. Really digging the pickups. Paid $350 for it.

Quote from: Jake on September 07, 2014, 06:38:56 PM
Nice. How's the neck on that sucker?

Great, wide enough to feel right in my hand, thin enough front to back to be reasonably fast. Plus, it's 25.5" scale, which I love.

eyeprod

the neck is the best part about my st-50. it just fits my hands really well. I think i paid 280 for mine, from ebay. Mine has some extra switches on it for coil and phase splitting, but yours is in better shape. Don't be surprised if it becomes your favorite guitar.
CV - Slender Fungus

Stonergrunge

A T-Rex Chameleon. Obviously is not dead quiet like a ninja, specially if you're a bedroom guitar player like me but I'm sure that in a band rehearsal context it would be impossible to hear it.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Stonergrunge

Fuzz is love

johnny problem

You're getting an Expression pedal for that Trem, right?  That thing is effing sweet.  All the Minifoogers are choice, I find.

Stonergrunge

Actually, I'm not interested in getting an expression pedal, I bought it because:

- It features a shape knob just like my EHX Pulsar tremolo, it's not easy to find a tremolo with that parameter.
- It sounds better than the Pulsar, specially with the lower frequencies.
- It's not terribly expensive compared to other pedals on the market.
- It's analog and true bypass, which is perfect for me because my fuzz pedals can be very picky.
Fuzz is love

RAGER

Quote from: Corey Y on September 07, 2014, 10:39:03 AM
1980 Ibanez ST50, picked up locally...

There's a black one of these here locally.  More than what you paid and not as purty.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

New custom made strap. 

Seat Belt material.  Thick leather riveted tabs.  Metal buckles.  Made in Raleigh NC.  Choice!

it isn't much,  but it's the most gear I've bought in a while.
Vinyls.   deal.

black

Custom made, or do you have a link/address, Pissy?
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.