Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

Quote from: spookstrickland on October 23, 2014, 06:03:53 PM
Quote from: liquidsmoke on October 23, 2014, 01:27:40 AM
Quote from: VOLVO))) on October 23, 2014, 12:53:26 AM
Dude! Seriously, the pitchfork is doing what you want. I been doing it for years with a POG

These units can pick out just the root note of a chord and transpose it an octave down?

I want the same thing, that's why I'm going to build a "Local H" style guitar with a bass pickup on two strings so that only the roots will go through the octave pedal.

hey spook. maybe you want to think about sunno's tip: punch out the upper 4 poles on a shit pickup that you can install with no mods except wire the 2 pups separately. then if you change your mind and want to go back or try something else, you aren't too screwed. also could be cheaper as in free

Jake

poop.

RacerX

Fuck a bass, anyway.

Bass drum & hihat are a better combo.

Livin' The Life.

Corey Y

I volunteer to play bass for every guitar/drum duo that can't find someone. Just fly me out and let me sleep on a couch, I'll pack some ramen in a carry on bag.

liquidsmoke

Can you set up one of your basses for low F# and hitchhike to WI?  ;D

RacerX

No, he can't.

I'm Corey's agent, and he requires a round-trip coach class ticket on a major airline.

And the couch had better be nice...
Livin' The Life.

jibberish

what if some smokin' hawt twins show up to influence the management?
still no go?

Corey Y

Quote from: RacerX on October 24, 2014, 02:47:48 PM
No, he can't.

I'm Corey's agent, and he requires a round-trip coach class ticket on a major airline.

And the couch had better be nice...

What he said. No futons.

liquidsmoke

Drat! I've got 2 futons..

Just had practice and the baritone is sounding really good through the bass side even without an octave pedal. The next step is higher wattage handling bigger Xmax speakers so I can go up to 800 watts and dial in more low end. Excited!

jibberish

Quote from: liquidsmoke on October 25, 2014, 03:54:42 PM
Drat! I've got 2 futons..

Just had practice and the baritone is sounding really good through the bass side even without an octave pedal. The next step is higher wattage handling bigger Xmax speakers so I can go up to 800 watts and dial in more low end. Excited!

MOAR POWAH!!!! BOOYAH!!!

edit:  malekko delay has some insane noises. you can make funny sounds just by cranking the delay rate knob.  mixing sharp delay cutoff with huge modulation almost sounds like talking. crazy shit. this thing is far more out of control than I originally thought. heh. I see why rager wants to keep his. it is a special pedal. it's a keeper.

jibberish

Lexicon MPX500.   this was one badass reverb. it used the high end lexicon chip. I about shit when I saw it used for $150. it also has spd/if I/O to skip a couple conversions and that additive distortion. it has MIDI control so I can control it from my foot controllers
BUT most importantly of all, it has a studio grade lexicon reverb chip.

$600 studio rack reverb when it came out. it even has tap tempo. now that's badass for rack shit. programmable, memory locations, dual mono-or stereo modes and on and on.

edit: it took a couple minutes to figure out the basic functions and parameter tweaks. I never owned a good quality effect unit like this before. all I have to say is WOW!
so creamy and clean and every reverb imaginable. just wow. I have my synth on a plain piano patch playing the demo on repeat so I can tweak the effects. this sounds unreal.
the tremolo is amazing too.
they have 4 dedicated tweak knobs so you can just hit the mix, the cutoff freq and regen time in a couple seconds and no menus, just spin the encoders.
new patches load silently and blend in so you cant even tell when the patch switches = excellent for performance.
this might be the best piece of gear I own. quiet as all getout too.

RAGER

Nice.  I would have bought that too.  I need to have a list of 90's high end shit that goes for cheap nowadays.
No Focus Pocus

The Shocker

jibberish

shocker, are you like a pawn shop or something? I can count on you coming up with stuff I never even heard of before. but where do these crazy gear pieces all come from?

I loaded my studio with 3 lexicon mpx500's.  now I have something to send to from the big mixer, and I can set up mics and instruments differently and not jumble the whole mix through one effect which =jumbled ass.

bbottom

About a month ago I caught wind from one of the vendors from work told me that a buddy of his had a GnL bass (he wasn't sure what model) in a guitar shop on consignment somewhere in BFE Tennessee.

Well I had nothing to do that Saturday so I took a trip to the guitar shop to check it out. When I got there I found out that it was a GnL SB2 (my favorite bass) with a maple fingerboard (my favorite fingerboard) It's an 89 or 90 and is damn near perfect. The guy even has all of the original paperwork and hanger tag in the case. And he wanted right around $550 for it.

I told him that I would be back within a few weeks. Well today I made it out there and picked it up.

I wish I had the other SB2 here at home to put next to it.

I'll take the thing in for a set up within the next few weeks. The thing hasn't been touched in a while and the strings have a bit of rust on them.

I'd like to get a different black PG for it. The one that came with it is a weird  dullish metal that I'm not in love with.

The Shocker

Quote from: jibberish on November 01, 2014, 04:19:52 PM
shocker, are you like a pawn shop or something? I can count on you coming up with stuff I never even heard of before. but where do these crazy gear pieces all come from?

I loaded my studio with 3 lexicon mpx500's.  now I have something to send to from the big mixer, and I can set up mics and instruments differently and not jumble the whole mix through one effect which =jumbled ass.

There's a guitar shop in the Fondren district that's pretty cool.  They cater to kids (literally kids - school of rock shit) and aren't really heavy oriented.  The effects they do have stay forever, which leads to good prices.  Found out about the Maxon from this blog post:
http://tonemachines.blogspot.com/2011/04/maxon-d-od-801-vs-ibanez-overdrive-od.html

Instant Dan

Quote from: The Shocker on November 01, 2014, 03:42:36 PM
Big Muff style!

The Toadies used that quite a bit on the Rubbernecker album.

Lip

Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

jibberish

The Riffer

My new to me rig.
80s Laney Protube Bass, basically a 4 hole Marshall SuperBass Plexi copy. JCM800cabs, 1960a loaded w WGS Reaper/Reaper55hz, and a 412 bass cab loaded with Celestion G12K85. SG>Pharaoh into this set up is punishing and yet noiseless at deafening levels.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Jake

^^^Sassy rig. Good call mixing those Reapers. I love the 55hz ones, but they're pretty dark by themselves.

Can I have that Soldano now?
poop.

RAGER

Damn. Somebody else knows the secret about the g12k85's. love those speakers.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

I used two Peavey cabs with those speakers in it with my 800 for bass, for a long time.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

Quote from: Jake on November 03, 2014, 10:40:49 AM
^^^Sassy rig. Good call mixing those Reapers. I love the 55hz ones, but they're pretty dark by themselves.

Can I have that Soldano now?

55hz have a growl that just sounds mean spirited. Agreed, both together give a great balance.

Soldano? Sol dan NO. That thing with Soldano Cab w V30s is the most 3d amp Ive ever played. Its a keeper...for now.

Quote from: RAGER on November 03, 2014, 10:59:22 AM
Damn. Somebody else knows the secret about the g12k85's. love those speakers.
They do sound mahvalous.

Quote from: VOLVO))) on November 03, 2014, 11:05:18 AM
I used two Peavey cabs with those speakers in it with my 800 for bass, for a long time.
That quad came from an old peavey cab.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

RAGER

No Focus Pocus