Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Corey Y

Quote from: The Riffer on November 21, 2014, 12:56:20 PM
Corey, Any tips on sweet spots for that mic on a guitar cab?

I usually just put on a pair of over ear headphones with good isolation, then move it around until it sounds good. Where the dust cap meets the cone, about an inch off the grill is usually pretty good.

Baltar

I gave my buddy my Dentone MK II for his birthday, so I picked up a Lovepedal Bonetender.  Sean is pretty fucking amazing. Big ups!

Converted Traynor 9x8" cab. A Bob Heil Celeste 12" is now the sole speaker inside, $50 w/ casters.

I'm gonna probably keep it in my apt to use with the Champ clone that sits on top of it.

Epiphone 4x12" cab, real Marshall x-over, birch, unloaded w/ casters $65

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

moose23

The Shocker

RAGER

Picked up the Keith McMillen 12 Step foot controller and midi expander so I can use it directly with gear and not software.

No Focus Pocus

tombhex

Quote from: RAGER on November 25, 2014, 11:12:49 AM
Picked up the Keith McMillen 12 Step foot controller and midi expander so I can use it directly with gear and not software.

sooooo coooooooool!

jibberish

nice.   patch #2, the legato, is the one I like for trancy lazy stuff.   <-it holds the note until you step on a different note. then it replaces and holds the next one. I like that.
i'm still a bit pissed they get $40 for that adapter box which you know has a tiny pcb with like 1 chip on it.

*lexicon has cash rebates on some rack effects. mx 400 will get ordered on GAS black Friday for $300 and send for $75 cash rebate. 4 channel reverb, <$60 a channel booyah! this will give me 6 channels of reverb once again.  I can not say enough how slick using the aux sends and returns for adding effects is from a mixer. you can blend in 3 different sets of effects with this Mackie( 3 stereo/6 mono, but only 4 monos to any single channel at once)

fuck me. sweetwater has the mooger 104 for like $610 or something sick. moog is actually running a factory authorized sale right now. get one of those sub37's for 12something

RAGER

Careful with the S&H from Moog.  I looked into their gig bag for the 37 and a $79 gig bag turned into a $140 at my door.  Didn;t do it though.  I think I'll make a phone call and tout my 37 serial number. Maybe they'll give me a break.
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

I happened to notice that all the moog dealers have it on sale. that usually only happens if the factory issues a proclamation heh. i'd get it from sweetwater anyway. they are close and are really service oriented. like they would preload the latest software in any decent synth, even like the novas.

I also am wondering about that "NOS" 800ms bucket brigade chip that moog happens to find more of at just the right time. those 104's were up to $899 for a while. NOW they have it in that little vertical rackmount package, which is new, but it has the 800msec bucket brigade chip in it.
so I cant help wondering if some chip fab is making those chips again and moog is making some silly money on all those delays now. I believe they have 3 products with the 800msec chip in it. so hmmm...

...volca samples.....ships January......

Omlet

1980s Fernandes Mockingbird (seller claimed that it's the MB-65 model but bit of web research revealed that probably it's the MB-80 one, as it's NTB). I had no bass for the last 5 years so I'm really glad i grabbed it.

VOLVO)))

If you ever decide to sell it...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Omlet

I don't even know how much is it worth in US. In EU, lot of stuff is rather overpriced...

BastardCthulhu

I just turned 40 last week, survived a surprise party, and cashed in on my loot by ordering a Squier Vintage Modified Pbass PJ...in wonderful 3tone sunburst.  Pics when it arrives......

agent of change

How the fuck would you find a replacement head for these drums? Somebody posted about them on a North Drums Facebook page. They're from a company called Trixon, who made all kinds of weirdly shaped drums.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

Beta Cloud

from what i know of 'Trixon' drums, they're designed to seat drunken women with long gloves comfortably.
why does it hurt when i pee?

mortlock

Quote from: Omlet on November 28, 2014, 02:14:12 AM

1980s Fernandes Mockingbird (seller claimed that it's the MB-65 model but bit of web research revealed that probably it's the MB-80 one, as it's NTB). I had no bass for the last 5 years so I'm really glad i grabbed it.
awesome bass.. nice score!!

tombhex

Did a little bit of Black Friday shopping and finally got some real monitors and a real interface. I picked up a pair of JBL 305s, a used Steinberg UR22 interface, an Arturia Microbrute and the necessary hookemups for all of it. An old bandmate/bass teacher turned out to be the store manager at the Guitar Mart I went into while visiting my parents looking for monitor deals, blew the whole deal out for me for a really significant price cut and sales tax is half in Michigan what it is in Chicago. Six hundred bucks later, Pinocchio feels like a real boy.

BastardCthulhu

My new boy.  Squier Vintage Modified Pbass PJ.  Got it as a B-stock on ebay, just arrived.  Not a scratch, all Pguard and pup plastic still on it.  I am STOKED.

tombhex

Quote from: BastardCthulhu on December 01, 2014, 07:24:11 PM
My new boy.  Squier Vintage Modified Pbass PJ.  Got it as a B-stock on ebay, just arrived.  Not a scratch, all Pguard and pup plastic still on it.  I am STOKED.

looks sweet! excellent score.

moose23

Quote from: The Shocker on November 24, 2014, 10:02:47 AM
Damn, is that yours?

Yeah mine for the princely sum of 20 euro. Love it so hopefully get around to some straight clones at some point. Have all the parts needed here.

The Shocker

Did you put it in that condition or was it like that when you got it?

jibberish

Quote from: tombhex on December 01, 2014, 09:27:06 AM
Did a little bit of Black Friday shopping and finally got some real monitors and a real interface. I picked up a pair of JBL 305s, a used Steinberg UR22 interface, an Arturia Microbrute and the necessary hookemups for all of it. An old bandmate/bass teacher turned out to be the store manager at the Guitar Mart I went into while visiting my parents looking for monitor deals, blew the whole deal out for me for a really significant price cut and sales tax is half in Michigan what it is in Chicago. Six hundred bucks later, Pinocchio feels like a real boy.

can I have it (all)

#inb4lip

tombhex

Quote from: jibberish on December 04, 2014, 09:47:20 AM

can I have it (all)
#inb4lip
[/quote]

while i appreciate #inb4lip and the rekindled spirit of the olde times, no sir - you cannot.

edit: goddamnit forget it, i'm not editing it again for formatting - you know what i meant!