Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

awww. I cried for a minute..then I went back to my new toys muahaha

lexicon mx400 showed up. I ended up getting it from GC online for $275 and I still get the $75 factory rebate so this dual reverb will end up $200.   3 different length reverbs all at once is huge. I mean HUGE (#3 is the MPX500 I already had)

timing is everything. they marked these down to $79 while I was there at the store. I scored. this is amazing for <$100 simply amazing.
Ibanez gd10nt or something like that

so I learned that cutaways don't sound as good as full bodied guitars. I also found that dreadnaughts are more boomy and less resolution than auditorium shapes
so.......taylor 114e wnet home with me too.. heh

RAGER

Dang you got some new toys. Awesome.  Kinda on the hunt for a bit crusher for some wacky fuzz tones and other things.  My Jeckyl and Hyde filter/distressor is still about a month away from being completed.  That's gonna be a fun little box to run all sorts of shit through.
No Focus Pocus

showdown

Hamer Sunburst archtop, one of the good (90's) Korean models. Looks like this one, only with black pickups and rings:

The build quality seems like it's on par with the better Epiphones. It's missing the switch tip, tuneomatic and tailpiece, but I've got some nice parts from a project guitar. Still, $140 was perfectly acceptable.

I think I have to dress it up like the one in the pic, with cream rings and a pair of old Dimarzios.

The Riffer

Lucked into this great find. Handmade by local Chattanooga Luthier Bruce Bennett.
I found this thread while researching this guitar.
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/luthiers-corner/124770-bennett-guitars-double-cut-junior-build.html
Mine was made in 2000, and its a bit different, but I'll assume the techniques used are same/similar.  P/O told me the body and neck are 1/4 sawn Brazilian and African mahoghany, and the fretboard is Pau Ferro. It has a great feeling neck, a bit round up at the top and flattens and slightly widens as you go down.  KILLER little guitar.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

The Shocker

Love single pickup guitars!  Looks a little like those Epiphone Wilshires to me.

mortlock

the bass stack is now complete. found a used ampeg 1x15 to go with my 4x10 and peavey mark vi head.

I decided to use the sundown as a practice amp at our jam room..

liquidsmoke

Quote from: showdown on December 05, 2014, 03:23:53 AM
Hamer Sunburst archtop, one of the good (90's) Korean models. Looks like this one, only with black pickups and rings:

The build quality seems like it's on par with the better Epiphones. It's missing the switch tip, tuneomatic and tailpiece, but I've got some nice parts from a project guitar. Still, $140 was perfectly acceptable.

I think I have to dress it up like the one in the pic, with cream rings and a pair of old Dimarzios.

Nice!

dogfood

Quote from: The Riffer on December 06, 2014, 05:37:03 PM
Lucked into this great find. Handmade by local Chattanooga Luthier Bruce Bennett.
I found this thread while researching this guitar.
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/luthiers-corner/124770-bennett-guitars-double-cut-junior-build.html
Mine was made in 2000, and its a bit different, but I'll assume the techniques used are same/similar.  P/O told me the body and neck are 1/4 sawn Brazilian and African mahoghany, and the fretboard is Pau Ferro. It has a great feeling neck, a bit round up at the top and flattens and slightly widens as you go down.  KILLER little guitar.

Tone Pig!
Problem solving whiskey!

liquidsmoke

Liking this a lot for the bass side of my baritone rig but I tried running the DI into my PA and the tone was of course completely different. We will mostly be playing little venues where guitar and bass signals are rarely put into the PA system but I'm wondering what percentage of places with sound people and full systems are willing to mic bass cabs and have proper mics to do so.

moose23

Quote from: The Shocker on December 04, 2014, 09:33:27 AM
Did you put it in that condition or was it like that when you got it?

Like that when I got it.

Jake

+1 on the Bennett praise. Looks like a Wilshire made sexy time with a LP Junior.
poop.

Jake

Not mine, but I took delivery of this KT88-fueled apocalypse machine when a friend was out of town. Believe the hype, these are the real deal. I want one so badly now.

poop.

da_qtip

I've been wanting a Dwarvenaut 20 for so long. Some day I'll give in.

Not really gear but I bought the Waves Kramer Master Tape and the IR-L convolution verb on black friday. Just gotta get a Pro Tools rigs running again

mortlock

to round out my recent sound sculpting additions, I just added a swollen pickle fuzz to my bass.

jibberish

showdown

Worked a little on the Hamer. I found a Nashville bridge that fit the thin studs, replaced the knobs and switch and installed a set of GFS pickups (Fat Pat/Mean 90). Got the neck and action set up, only missing the intonation now. This really isn't a bad guitar, I can't wait to test it on my large rig.

Jake

That looks great! I've almost bought the gold top version of that guitar many times. But that black is really sweet looking.
poop.

showdown

Yeah, it's good stuff, mahogany with a solid maple top and it's routed out identical to USA Hamers. The only thing I don't like so far is the thick poly coating, but that's what you get on Korean guitars.

Andrew Blakk

Santa got me this one!

No more presents this year for me. Or the next...  ::)

RacerX

Quote from: Andrew Blakk on December 10, 2014, 11:03:57 AM
Santa got me this one!

No more presents this year for me. Or the next...  ::)

Sweet!
Livin' The Life.

fallen

New studio space.

Pros: nice size, 14' square, close, in the basement of my building. Cons: two walls are concrete and there is a ton of slapback echo.

Baltar

$600 CAN

YBA-1 EL-34 J.J.'s

Top cab 1x15" E.V.

Bottom cab 1x15" Eminence Legend

I'm still picking my jaw off the floor. Makes up for selling my '69 Sunn Sceptre half-stack.

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

dogfood

If you can swing it put JJ 6550s in the Traynor.   ;)  you will thank me.

Quote from: Baltar on December 12, 2014, 08:48:52 PM
$600 CAN

YBA-1 EL-34 J.J.'s

Top cab 1x15" E.V.

I'm still picking my jaw off the floor. Makes up for selling my '69 Sunn Sceptre half-stack.

Problem solving whiskey!

Baltar

Yeah, I put 3 pair in my SUNN, love those tubes. I'll look into it when the JJ's go.

Quote from: dogfood on December 13, 2014, 02:45:51 PM
If you can swing it put JJ 6550s in the Traynor.   ;)  you will thank me.

Quote from: Baltar on December 12, 2014, 08:48:52 PM
$600 CAN

YBA-1 EL-34 J.J.'s

Top cab 1x15" E.V.

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Lumpy

Quote from: fallen on December 11, 2014, 12:14:48 AM
New studio space.

Pros: nice size, 14' square, close, in the basement of my building. Cons: two walls are concrete and there is a ton of slapback echo.

Put something up on the walls if you can... Moving blankets, carpeting, blankets, anything you can get will help a lot.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.